Technically that is possible if the new promo details we have been receiving are accurate.
We have been tipped of a new promo starting for U.S. Cellular on July 16th. New customers and existing customers adding a line will be receiving a $100 credit on their bill. So as long as it is a smartphone.
So if you want a Galaxy S 3 in the 16 GB model, you would be getting a $100 Mail In Rebate and the $100 Smartphone credit activation. That would be a $100 Galaxy S 3 after all credits and rebates. That's quite the bargain. Of course there is always fine print.
From what we have gathered:
- You need to be a new customer, or existing customer adding a NEW line of service. No upgrades for the $100 Smartphone Credit.
- The Credit is applied in $50 increments over the next 2 bill cycles.
- You must pay your first bill before you see the first credit.
Overall quite the aggressive promo to get new customers to USC.
Phone prices seem to be changing too.... looks like starting next week, but this is what we're hearing:
- Huawei Ascend II - FREE after MIR
- BlackBerry Curve 9350 - FREE after MIR
- HTC Wildfire (Grey) - $0.01 Instantly
- Samsung Repp - $29.99 Instantly
- Samsung Mesmerize - $79.99 Instantly
- BlackBerry Torch - $99.99 after MIR
- HTC Merge - $99.99 Instantly
- HTC 7 PRO - $129.99 after MIR
- Motorola Electrify $129.99 after MIR
- Samsung Galaxy S Aviator - $199.99 Instantly
- Samsung Galaxy S Aviator - $129.99 Instantly (4G areas maybe?)
- Samsung Galaxy S II - $129.99 after MIR (Black)
- Samsung Galaxy S II - $149.99 after MIR (White)
- Samsung Galaxy S II - $149.99 after MIR (Black) (4G areas maybe?)
- Samsung Galaxy S II - $179.99 after MIR (White) (4G areas maybe?)
- Samsung Galaxy S III - $199.99 after MIR (White & Blue 16GB)
- Samsung Galaxy S III - $249.99 after MIR (White 32GB)
We have also received details of some prepaid phone promotions.
- HTC Wildfire will be $49.99 Instantly - No rebate required.
- Samsung Repp $99.99 Instantly.
- The Motorola Defy will be available for $199.99(New Model)
- Motorola Electrify 2 for $349.99(New Model)
- HTC Merge - $249.99 Instantly
- Samsung Mesmerize - $249.99 Instantly
- HTC One V - $249.99 Instantly
- Motorola Electrify - $349.99 Instantly
- Samsung GS II - $399.99 Instantly
Those are some decent starting points for prepaid customers looking to hop on the network but not sign the 2 year agreement required for contracts.
Those are the main highlights and it looks like pricing on other prepaid phones will remain the same for the time being.
As always, this isn't official until its official!
And... thanks to Anonymous for the info!