The natives are angry again from what I'm hearing. Sounds like some Chicago customers received their letters today informing them of their options... or should I say, lack of options. Here's what I'm hearing:
- US Cellular forcing you to redeem reward points. -- Kind of confused here? How are they forcing you?
- Customers will not be able to redeem rewards points after the sale to Sprint.
Customers will not be able to accrue additional rewards points after the sale to Sprint.
Customers must redeem rewards points before the sale to Sprint is complete and their rewards balance will show as zero once the sale is complete.
We encourage customers with rewards to redeem them as soon as possible.
- No specials for transferring account to Sprint.
- Sprint is offering robust incentives to help U.S. Cellular customers make the transition.
- NOT treated as new customer even. Meaning no discounted phones if I understand correctly
- Customers who move their number(s) to Sprint can take advantage of new customer discounted pricing on handsets.
- No comparable packages. I haven't checked this fully as I'm headed to bed but expect me to research this ASAP. ----- I agree here. The cheapest Family Plan with unlimited data is $149.99 even if you want less minutes. You could always go off contract but then you're phone options keep decreasing.
- US Cellular phones cannot be transferred/unlocked to be used on Sprint network even for a short while.
This is just a short list that I received from a member located in Chicago. Anyone else received their letter? Anyone got a copy they could send us?
I know there's a discussion in the forum but what are you all doing now that you officially got your letters? Are you even more/less upset? Interested in all comments below.
(I will update this story as I do some research.)