Beginning July 30, a trial in select markets will examine the impact of removing the option for subsidy transactions on Legacy, Belief, and Belief Plan Evolved (BPE) price plans. The goal is to drive Retail Installment pricing to increase upgrade adoption for customers wishing to remain on Legacy, Belief, and BPE plans, while also increasing migration to Shared Connect for existing customers intrigued by the Retail Installment pricing option.
- Ashville, NC
- Mendocino, CA
- Bangor, ME
July 30 – October 10
Eliminate Subsidy in Select Trial Markets
- Customers who wish to stay on a Legacy, Belief, or BPE plan and want to upgrade their device will only have the option of selecting Retail Installment pricing or paying outright for the device.
- Shared Connect plans will allow customers to take subsidy equipment or a customer can receive a discounted connection charge with a Retail Installment Contract
- Associates can communicate the benefits of moving to our 4 lines for $140 pricing on Shared Connect (COE)
- Customers who wish to purchase a device at a subsidized price will be required to migrate to a Shared Connect plan.
- At this time, the top 60 plans that most customers are on, are included in the trial. We are in the process of adding all plans to the trial. See appendix for a list of eligible plans.
The times they are a chagin'