All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. Earlier
  3. Case

I got the amFilm 3D Curved Dot Matrix Full Screen Samsung Galaxy S8 Tempered Glass Screen Protector on Amazon and The Unicorn Beetle Pro case on Amazon! They both work very well. I work in construction and I feel good about my phone. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  4. *STOCK FIRMWARE*

Thanks for sharing what you found. Even though the forums are slow nowadays your little contribution may help someone that is searching for an answer.
  5. *STOCK FIRMWARE*

Okay y'all. I fixed it. After a lot of research and time I ended up going to sammobile for the latest oreo firmware for US Cellular s8+ and it took literally like 5 hours to download because I got the free account (even with 70mbps download speed) and everything worked just fine. If you had problems with soft locking your s8+ I'm going to help you out a little: https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s8-plus/SM-G955U/USC/download/G955USQS3CRE2/221230/ you can find a link to download the correct odin (3.13.1) and the instructions of how to correctly flash on the right side of that page as well. And like I said it's going to take FOREVER to download if you don't want to pay extra.
  6. I switched to Verizon: Explanation

I go up to Ashland WI a lot (and surrounding areas) on project Fi. Yeah, it's 2G roaming on ATT when you leave the small native coverage. To be honest I don't know a single carrier that's good up north though. My wife is on AT&T and between our 4 networks combined we still go without good data coverage at times. Maybe I should carry a Verizon phone too LOL Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  7. I switched to Verizon: Explanation

Is Google FI still pretty much 2G only outside of Sprint , TMobile and US Cellular native coverage? Last time I looked, the entire NE quarter of Wisconsin and the entire UP of Michigan were 2G or NO G...
  8. So we're forced to use VOLTE with no user-end way to turn it off? That's disappointing, actually... I spend enough time in fringe areas where my S6 claims to have a 4G signal, but data is excrutiatingly slow. I use the Network app to force CDMA only, and data is usable again.
  9. 319 area code numbers (and presumably others) can now be successfully ported to Project Fi. You'll have to use a different zip code for the initial step during sign up (I used Des Moines), but I can confirm 319 numbers can now be ported (and you can use your real zip code/address later on). Question for any employees: If I have a group plan on USCC and want to port all the numbers to Fi, do I need to port the numbers of the sub-accounts before the account holder? Just want to make sure nobody loses their phone number. EDIT: You can port the account holder before or after the sub-accounts. Order doesn't matter.
  10. *STOCK FIRMWARE*

Also @VIthe3rd I'm really glad you're here, man. I was beginning to think like all of these boards were just abandoned and that I just bricked my s8 lol I mean I might still have bricked it maybe because nothing is working except for the custom rom os screen and the downloading screen but at least there's someone here to make fun of me for it haha
  11. *STOCK FIRMWARE*

Yeah I did, including trying three different versions of odin (3.13, 3.12 (comsy), and 3.12.7) I even try just doing BL only and it fails it every time. I also tried flashing BL for the root files in all three versions of odin and it still fails me.
  12. *STOCK FIRMWARE*

Yes they are. Ever since the easy way of rooting and running modded roms went the way of the dinosaur there has not been much of a demand for CDMA modding. And I did a quick read through on the xda root link. Did you read the Return to stock instructions?
  13. Just a little update on this. So I went to the local USCC store where I bought this S9 and made the complaint to the Rep that sold it to me. He swapped out the sim and did some network side reset. I guess here in Milwaukee the S9 is automatic VOLTE. So that was 2 weeks ago and it was good for about 5 days or so. Then it started to drop calls and no ring when someone was calling. Just get notified with the VM Icon that there was a new message. Today went back to the USCC store and asked to have the VOLTE turned off. Lets see if that cures the problem. I am still thinking it may be a hardware problem. Side note: The Rep who helped me today said "VOLTE is still new and buggy, So as the issues come up they are being addressed." I don't know how accurate that statement is...... But then again I been out of the tech loop now and have just become another user I don't know what to think. Oh Well.
  14. *STOCK FIRMWARE*

wow these boards really are dead haha
  15. *STOCK FIRMWARE*

Hey guys, please help. So I tried rooting my s8+ and I messed up somewhere. I followed https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8+/development/root-g955u-g955u1-snapdragon-sampwnd-t3658911 literally step by step and somehow I ended up bootlooping into the US Cellular screen and then after that it went into "installing system update" followed by "no command" followed by "error!" I'm trying to just reinstall stock firmware at this point and I don't know if I have the right odin or....? I've got odin 3.13 right now, am I not putting all the right things in all the right places? Gosh, I know I'm a goof but please help.
  16. I have zero issues with my S9+ Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk
  17. Unfortunately, Ace is right. Especially in rural areas. My S6 has the same problem. Although it seems to have gotten worse recently... I now actually start to roam indoors in good signal areas whereas before, I used to drop down to one or two bars, but stayed on USC. I think they are having network issues on certain bands.
  18. Oreo update officially announced

Already been updated from crd4 to cre2. New bootloader too. Guessing they'll have another soon since the bootloader wasn't completely fixed yet and they're testing a new version now. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  19. Sammobile Nougat Download

Hate to be that guy... But is there root for this yet?
  20. Essential Phone?

Hi all. I know traffic has slowed here, but hoping someone has some insight for me. Has anyone tried to activate an Essential phone through uscc? I'm not super techy,but from what I've seen essential has the correct lte bands. Maybe when calling in and say it's a pixel?
  21. Hey y'all. The Oreo update is officially rolling out to US Cellular S8 and S8+ devices today. No word yet on a download link to manually update, so you'll have to rely on checking for the update on your phone for now. Have fun mashing that update button! https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/05/16/galaxy-s8-galaxy-s8-get-android-8-0-oreo-upgrade-us-cellular/ Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  22. I should have made this switch a long time ago! I love this phone, plus I'm done with USC! Well somewhat, considering they're my best Fi service coverage. Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  23. I was a long time Samsung user before my Nexus 6P, I will never go back. Imagine a world where you only have one app to do each function (instead of 3 similar apps) I think the hardware on my S5 was more durable, and swapping the back button took a month to re learn, but you'll love it Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  24. I have a regular pixel 2 (Verizon model) and I find that I have no reason for rooting anymore,. It cAuses .ore trouble then it's worth. The pure Android system is way better then Samsungs bloat. Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  25. Thanks, that's kinda how I feel its going to be. My phone comes tomorrow and I can't wait! Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
  26. You will never go back! Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  27. I've been using Samsung phones since the S3, but I recently shattered the screen on my S7 Edge (even damage the OLED screen itself). So I just ordered a Pixel 2XL and I am also switching to Fi. The question for others who have made this switch is; will I be happy with the Pixel phone, compared to the Samsungs I have owned in the past? I love rooting my phones and flashing Roms, so I know I'll get to enjoy that aspect again, at the least. Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
  1. Load more activity