All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. To switch or not

In total truth - it seems to be a pretty impressive device. All around. The camera, storage, os, etc... Only major exception is the screen resolution, that's pretty garbage IMO for >$1000 - that alone would convince me to skip it. The Galaxy S3 had a higher resolution on a smaller screen. If that isn't important, then there is no other reason it wouldn't be a totally pleasing device. I'm not an iOS fan, either, but given the Android options I'm also somewhat considering iOS. There is only really the Pixel 2, and the price tag on that is not exactly on par with 2017 device spec expectations - meaning there's better devices with lower prices but you sacrifice all the freedom that comes with Pixel. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  3. To switch or not

To switch to the new iPhone 8 or not? Any input? I don't see any Android devices going anywhere except Samsung and I refuse to go that route again. Right now we can upgrade for $12 a month to get the iPhone 8. Well there be anything better for promotions? We won't know will we.. I guessed if we switch to another carrier we could get free ones but why go through that hassle. So the iPhone 8 or not. Is it a good device? We are not rooters or modders just wanting good devices.
  4. Pictures slowly dissolving from gallery

Alright I will report back if that works I will also try going back to unrooted first just to see Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
  5. Pictures slowly dissolving from gallery

It could? Can't hurt to give it a try Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  6. Yesterday
  7. Pictures slowly dissolving from gallery

No I am still back on mm. Maybe upgrade to nougat and see if that fixes it your thinking? Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
  8. Last week
  9. Living with a non rooted phone...how to adjust.

Looking into the Magisk option over the last couple days.....and I think I hit th information overload point lol[emoji16] Being that it has been a couple years since I had to really "work" at a root solution....I did at one point know how to do things like getting boot images and whatnot, but with soooo many threads and posts on xda and sooo little for us cellular in general lately, I am pretty much lost to say the least [emoji20] It looks like Magisk should be what I would need but at this point it might be a while before I will be able to give it a try. I will defiantly need to do a lot more reading and sorting through things. [emoji4] Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk
  10. Pictures slowly dissolving from gallery

It would seem like a SD problem, but you tried others and same result... I have to agree, a phone issue. Although weird, that's what I would suspect. Are you on the latest firmware? Perhaps there was an issue with a previous release or maybe the most current one is causing this? Maybe try a different firmware - but I would strongly recommend calling Samsung and telling them. They may know about it and issue a RMA for you? Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  11. [How To] GSM unlock S6

read the forum and you will know how to do it. the very thread you posted in tells you how
  12. [How To] GSM unlock S6

pls i need help for unlock g920r4
  13. Living with a non rooted phone...how to adjust.

Others have tried it with different phones and it worked. Not sure which phones though Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  14. O DP2

That did it!! Thanks so much! It's so nice to have all my features back after Oreo. I like Oreo pretty well, but I didn't want to give up mobile data for it!!
  15. O DP2

i just found out the same thing, put http:// in front of what you have for mmsc and that fixes it
  16. O DP2

Well, check that. I have LTE with the above settings, but I don't have working MMS. I'm assuming you have MMS? Will Google produce a fix for this broken mobile data on USCC?
  17. COE credit is not automatic

Just curious what are the limitations to this. I have had my current phone now for four years and am still currently paying the subsidized price from when I got the phone or are you only eligible for this upon the time the device is paid off? Edit:nvm. for some reason Tapatalk doesn't take me to the first unread post even though it is set to. I see by the OP that I missed that boat. Oh well. It's good to know for the future Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk
  18. O DP2

Thank you so much for this! I was at a loss after the Oreo update. Google was telling me to contact USCC. USCC says they don't officially support the Pixel so when the Oreo update breaks data, there's nothing they can do. This fixed it! Thanks!!
  19. Living with a non rooted phone...how to adjust.

Thanks, looking into that now
  20. Living with a non rooted phone...how to adjust.

The latest Magisk does not require custom recovery to install and have root. You do have to have a stock boot.img and the ability to flash it through download mode or fastboot or whatever LG's version of that is. Google "Magisk 14.0" and check out the official XDA thread to see if it'll work for you Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  21. I'm Porting Kali Nethunter to LG G3 US990

Any luck with this?
  22. Pictures slowly dissolving from gallery

Was hoping to update this thread saying the problem was fixed but unfortunately it has gotten worse. I bought a new Samsung evo plus 256gb SD card hoping to cure the problem but after a few months this one will randomly appear to erase all data on it. Pictures, music, videos, and documents. They do not show up on any gallery or music player and even root browser shows the SD card empty. Insert into laptop everything is still there. Usually just before this is going to happen all the pictures in the phone besides the first one will become a Grey picture with the white square with mountain outlines. I'm leaning towards the phone being the problem after a few SD cards and then now even a Samsung SD card unless anyone else has some more ideas. Of course the purchase for a new phone is never at the opportune time but if I have to do that I will just hope the problem doesn't follow Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
  23. Living with a non rooted phone...how to adjust.

Hehe...I run into that also. Find a no root option for something, get all excited and the find out it is only for a specific phone or it only works on wi-fi or something. I am looking around again for no root options for a few things right now and am starting to run int that again.[emoji16] Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk
  24. Developer O Preview 1 is out

SixRom Oreo. Running like a top on my N6 Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  25. Living with a non rooted phone...how to adjust.

Well I now know what it is, but I see that it's only for the S8. Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
  26. Living with a non rooted phone...how to adjust.

What is this AdHell of which you speak? Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
  27. Living with a non rooted phone...how to adjust.

I use adhell on unrooted s8. see no need to root it yet Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  1. Load more activity