Sign in to follow this  
jpaulwaite

[Rom][12-22-11][EH09 GB]Awesome Sauce 10.7

Try downloading it from the link below. It would be the as10 5.zip or as10 7.zip. I prefer 10.5 over 10.7, so I would recommend you give 10.5 a whirl. Also, you should replace the kernel it comes with, with the KGB kernel as it works really well with Awesome Sauce. I will dig up the link for it.

http://www.wildthingsgrow.com/olvis/rwdump/ROM/

Edit: Here's the link for the KGB kernel. If you decide to use it, you need to scroll down to post #3 under Other Downloads and download either the FA16 for EH09 or FA16 for EI20. The main download of FA16 is for EH03, which is not for the Mes.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1364912

Thanks again for all the help...I started doing this for my brother in law just out of fun and the fact he wanted something different.

I used 10.5 and kgb kernel you recommended above. I have another question though. As I have only messed with a desire up until this point.

Other than the basic (minimize syncing, turn brightness down, cut off wi-fi when not in use) is there anything that can be done as far as any of the settings that come with AS rom. I glanced at some of the stuff but didn't have time to look long as he had to leave. Also can you use set cpu, I used that on my desire and it helped alot.

THANKS again

Other than what you mentioned, there really isn't too much more you should have to change, as the ROM is pretty much optimized out of the box. That's what makes awesome sauce such a great ROM. If you wanted to tweak some stuff you can download a terminal emulator from the market, get root access in it by typing su and enter, then type in modcentral. This gives you access to some of the tweaks implemented in the rom. Honestly though I have never had to change anything there because JP already has that stuff set up to perform well. You could also use a cpu control app to change the clocking and governor of the cpu. I recommend the app no frills cpu control because it is simple, free, and does just what you need it to do. I like to leave the cpu set to 1.2GHz max and 100MHz min. The kgb kernel allows you to go as high as 1.7GHz max but I don't recommend trying it. It will make the phone crash at that frequency. I think you can go as high as 1.4GHz and still remain fairly stable, but the higher you do go, the less stable it will be. 1.2 is plenty for me, but if battery life is an issue you can back it down to 1GHz. You can change the governor to have the phone more battery efficient but you lose some performance in doing so. I like to keep it either on the performance or smartass V2 governors mostly, but if I am going to be away from a charger for a good while I will back it down to conservative.

Other than what you mentioned, there really isn't too much more you should have to change, as the ROM is pretty much optimized out of the box. That's what makes awesome sauce such a great ROM. If you wanted to tweak some stuff you can download a terminal emulator from the market, get root access in it by typing su and enter, then type in modcentral. This gives you access to some of the tweaks implemented in the rom. Honestly though I have never had to change anything there because JP already has that stuff set up to perform well. You could also use a cpu control app to change the clocking and governor of the cpu. I recommend the app no frills cpu control because it is simple, free, and does just what you need it to do. I like to leave the cpu set to 1.2GHz max and 100MHz min. The kgb kernel allows you to go as high as 1.7GHz max but I don't recommend trying it. It will make the phone crash at that frequency. I think you can go as high as 1.4GHz and still remain fairly stable, but the higher you do go, the less stable it will be. 1.2 is plenty for me, but if battery life is an issue you can back it down to 1GHz. You can change the governor to have the phone more battery efficient but you lose some performance in doing so. I like to keep it either on the performance or smartass V2 governors mostly, but if I am going to be away from a charger for a good while I will back it down to conservative.

Thanks got him to set it up that way and will see if he is satisfied with it lol....I can't get it through his dang head that he's on fricking constantly!!!!

If that's the case then maybe he needs to consider getting several chargers to keep the battery up when he can. I keep one at work, one in my car, and my home cable. with those three, I can easily keep my battery from going dead on a heavy usage day. You can get micro usb to usb cables from newegg.com for pretty cheap and in a bunch of different lengths. I think any smart phone is going to go dead fairly quickly if you use it a lot, and I think it might get worse before it gets better with these more powerful devices coming out and I understand that 4G is very battery draining as well.