Cythrawl

[ROMS] Motorola Electrify Stock 2.3.4 SBF File

53 posts in this topic

Hey all.

Enclosed in this post is the Motorola Electrify Stock SBF file.

"What does this do?" I hear you ask.. Well listen up and I will tell thee.

This will revert your phone back to Stock.

This will RELOCK your Bootloader if you have previously unlocked it. (IE it will no longer be Unlocked)

It will also remove ROOT and restore all data on all the internal partitions including preinstall, osh, system, etc.

It will NOT delete your Data partition, all your apps etc will be intact, but if they needed root access they will obviously lose that..

Now there are some things you must know:

1) It doesnt delete your Data partition, as I stated above - so if you had any apps giving you issues they will still do so. If you wanted to go back to full stock, try and do a Restore Factory first before flashing it so you know you are totally back at stock with no pesky apps giving you issues.

2) You will lose programming on the phone. So even tho it will boot, no data, phone calls, sms until you do a *228 to provision the phone.

DO NOT DO *228 IF YOU ARE NOT ON A USCC NETWORK (you have been officially warned)

This is handy if you mess up your phone and didnt make a backup of your stock rom (Silly you) or if you need to re-lock the bootloader for a warranty issue.

How to Flash:

You will need RDSLite 5.5 or higher (you will find them in the unlocking bootloader thread HERE in the zip file)

Power off your phone. Hold Volume up and power on until you see RSD Programming mode on your phone's screen

Connect phone to USB cable.

Put the 1FF-sunfire-user-2.3.4-4.5.1A_SUN_USC_16.7-16-release-keys-signed-USC-US.sbf file into the filename area of RSDLite.

Your phone will be shown in RSD Lite, select it and press start.. It took about 10 mins or so - so be patient.

RSDLite will show success and your phone will reboot back to stock (notice no more unlock in the top left corner)

That's it you are done!

Now you can re-root, unlock, send to repair, whatever you want...

Hope this helps for those who was afraid to flash due to no way of going back!

Grab the SBF Here

You will need to unrar it before using it. Uncompressed its over 2gb! compressed it down to near 1/2 gb! MD5 checksums are enclosed in the zip so you can check if they are OK too.

Enjoy!

Yesterday I tried talking to the online Motorola support people and they wouldn't give me the .sbf for it. They said that it was against their policy because Motorola does not support and frowns upon changing any of the software/firmware. It was quite entertaining. Thanks for this man! Now we're good to go!

@cythrawl

Thanks for posting this. Maybe I shouldn't be messing with anything if I have to ask this question, but when you say that the phone needs to be provisioned with *228 following a stock sbf flash, how is that done? From the dialer?

I am currently on uscc network with rooted electrify, mainly so I can use Titanium backup.

Thanks in advance.

@cythrawl

Thanks for posting this. Maybe I shouldn't be messing with anything if I have to ask this question, but when you say that the phone needs to be provisioned with *228 following a stock sbf flash, how is that done? From the dialer?

I am currently on uscc network with rooted electrify, mainly so I can use Titanium backup.

Thanks in advance.

Yup *228 from the dial-er and make the call..

i did all this but i cant call or txt at all it jus says connecting wen i try to call. What could b the problem?

i did all this but i cant call or txt at all it jus says connecting wen i try to call. What could b the problem?

I have flashed several phones with this file, with no such issues..

Its either a bad phone, or the file is corrupt and it was a bad flash.

Also it might be a driver/computer issue. Try it on a different computer if possible

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Just got my Electrify day before yesterday and have rooted and getting ready to unlock and load cwm. This is the post i was waiting to see. Well done sir! Thank you.

Will this take me back to 2.3.4? (before OTA update) That's where i want to be so i can unlock...

Will this take me back to 2.3.4? (before OTA update) That's where i want to be so i can unlock...

No..it will not load.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

do u think u can get your/you're hands on the sbf for 2.3.5, it is very much needed...

do u think u can get your/you're hands on the sbf for 2.3.5, it is very much needed...

Check your pm.

Is the stock 2.3.5 sbf ever going to be posted or is it only shared on an as needed basis? Don't need it at the moment but always like to have things around as I have a bad habit of breaking stuff.

Is the stock 2.3.5 sbf ever going to be posted or is it only shared on an as needed basis? Don't need it at the moment but always like to have things around as I have a bad habit of breaking stuff.

2.3.5 was given to anyone who asked and poonjah did post it now. Cythrawl was hesitant to publicly post it until bootloader was again able to be unlocked so no one could blame us for locking their bootloader. I think it is pretty well known though that this DOES lock bootloader ad you cannot go back to 2.3.4. Cythrawl might pop in with other thoughts but that was last I knew. Credits do go to him as mkb4x4 stated and it will stay hosted here. So hope this answers your questions!

Thanks for the response, figured there was a reason for it not being up here yet. I was a beta tester for the 2.3.5, so mine has been relocked since then anyway. Still (not so) patiently waiting for another bootloader unlocker.

i just get a bootloop after flashing this! rsd lite says please manually power up this phone. i let it sit and it just bootloops. any ideas?

^^^ Excited phone geek.

The bootstrap Rocko ROM is in a working test stage for the locked Electrify MB853 2.3.5. Pretty nice performance boost and a couple other tweaks.

Hopefully an unlocked bootloader is next on the menu >:(

Doesn't work for me. I rooted my phone, then when 2.3.5 came out, I lost root (or partial root cause I still have the super user thing) but titanium backup wouldn't work. Since I can't use titanium backup, I decided to reboot to stock. I followed these steps perfectly, but after it's done, it says 'failed' in rds lite and when I reboot my phone, I still have superuser thing but I'm not "rooted". Anyone know how to get me back to stock and get rid of all the stuff like root and backup stuff?