Cythrawl

[ROMS] Motorola Electrify Stock 2.3.4 SBF File

53 posts in this topic

I did the same thing and had to flash the stock 2.3.5 file and re-root. Make sure you do a factory reset before you flash the sbf. The sbf file resets everything except the data partition.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

When I plug into my computer via usb my computer does not read the phone at all, it's like it's not even there. What am I doing wrong?

You need to have the drivers loaded, have the phone powered off and hold down vol down and power, there will be writing on the top of the screen and hit vol up until it shows rsd. Cythrawl has good instructions in one of the posts on this forum on exactly how to do this. Thats how did.

Hey all.

Enclosed in this post is the Motorola Electrify Stock SBF file.

"What does this do?" I hear you ask.. Well listen up and I will tell thee.

This will revert your phone back to Stock.

This will RELOCK your Bootloader if you have previously unlocked it. (IE it will no longer be Unlocked)

It will also remove ROOT and restore all data on all the internal partitions including preinstall, osh, system, etc.

It will NOT delete your Data partition, all your apps etc will be intact, but if they needed root access they will obviously lose that..

Now there are some things you must know:

1) It doesnt delete your Data partition, as I stated above - so if you had any apps giving you issues they will still do so. If you wanted to go back to full stock, try and do a Restore Factory first before flashing it so you know you are totally back at stock with no pesky apps giving you issues.

2) You will lose programming on the phone. So even tho it will boot, no data, phone calls, sms until you do a *228 to provision the phone.

DO NOT DO *228 IF YOU ARE NOT ON A USCC NETWORK (you have been officially warned)

This is handy if you mess up your phone and didnt make a backup of your stock rom (Silly you) or if you need to re-lock the bootloader for a warranty issue.

How to Flash:

You will need RDSLite 5.5 or higher (you will find them in the unlocking bootloader thread HERE in the zip file)

Power off your phone. Hold Volume up and power on until you see RSD Programming mode on your phone's screen

Connect phone to USB cable.

Put the 1FF-sunfire-user-2.3.4-4.5.1A_SUN_USC_16.7-16-release-keys-signed-USC-US.sbf file into the filename area of RSDLite.

Your phone will be shown in RSD Lite, select it and press start.. It took about 10 mins or so - so be patient.

RSDLite will show success and your phone will reboot back to stock (notice no more unlock in the top left corner)

That's it you are done!

Now you can re-root, unlock, send to repair, whatever you want...

Hope this helps for those who was afraid to flash due to no way of going back!

Grab the SBF Here

You will need to unrar it before using it. Uncompressed its over 2gb! compressed it down to near 1/2 gb! MD5 checksums are enclosed in the zip so you can check if they are OK too.

Enjoy!

Ok, I followed these instructions step by step on 3 different occasions. Every single time i do them, when RSD lite 5.5 is complete, the following appears on the screen of my Electrify:

Starting RSD protocol suppurt

SVF: 106 : 1 : 2

sec_exception: b655, eddc, eb

then after pausing for a while the RSD lite program on my computer says:

Failed flashing process. Phone [0000]: phone did not re-enumerate after RAM-downloader was sent (0x703E); phone connected.

I dont understand what i could be doing wrong. Everyone else has had 100% success doing this and i have failed. I tried to use on another computer, i ran RSD lite as admin. I am at a complete loss. Please help.

So could someone confirm what I think I understand?

I've got 2.3.5 on my phone, I can't go back to 2.3.4 ever even with the 2.3.4 SBF - correct?

But I've rooted my phone 2.3.5 and if I need to send it in for service I could get charged - correct?

Can I take the phone back to a stock version of 2.3.5 with all the original files?

I've done a Factory Data Reset and still have root, so obviously that doesn't change the OS......

One final question, I think people liked 2.3.4 because you could "unlock" the phone and use a different sim card from a different carrier right? How does that work, just plug in a working sim card and you are able to make calls?

Thanks!

I've got 2.3.5 on my phone, I can't go back to 2.3.4 ever even with the 2.3.4 SBF - correct?

But I've rooted my phone 2.3.5 and if I need to send it in for service I could get charged - correct?

Can I take the phone back to a stock version of 2.3.5 with all the original files?

I've done a Factory Data Reset and still have root, so obviously that doesn't change the OS......

One final question, I think people liked 2.3.4 because you could "unlock" the phone and use a different sim card from a different carrier right? How does that work, just plug in a working sim card and you are able to make calls?

Thanks!

Correct.....you can not go back to 2.3.4

Use the 2.3.5 sbf file and you will unroot your phone. The directions on how to do it are in this site. Qbking77 has video guides for this process for the photon, sprints electrify, o. You tube. Just use the electrifies sbf file.

Can't answer your question about sim card. I this k it works the same for both versions but dont know. The biggest advantage to the 2.3.4 is the boot loader can be unlocking allowing full custom roms and kernels to be flashed.

Sent from my Electrified CM9 android

Thanks!

Use the 2.3.5 sbf file and you will unroot your phone. The directions on how to do it are in this site. Qbking77 has video guides for this process for the photon, sprints electrify, o. You tube. Just use the electrifies sbf file.

Can't answer your question about sim card. I this k it works the same for both versions but dont know. The biggest advantage to the 2.3.4 is the boot loader can be unlocking allowing full custom roms and kernels to be flashed.

Thanks for the reply, do you know where I can get the 2.3.5 sbf file?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, do you know where I can get the 2.3.5 sbf file?

dm_eds/download.php?id=12

Correct, you can not go back to 2.3.4 even with the SBF because it will not load.

You can take it back to stock with a 2.3.5 SBF. If you ever have to send it in and you are still rooted, you are screwed.

The unlocking has more to do with flashing roms than unlocking it for the reasons you describe. You can already use a sim card without the unlocking.

EDIT: I for whatever reason did not see the replies.. don't mind me.

Dangit Adam. Lol. Stop typing so fast.

Dangit Adam. Lol. Stop typing so fast.

:) :'(

disregard me previous post apparently root doesn't mean root ill have to look again

Did this last night and it worked perfectly, thanks again! I didn't really get anything from rooting my phone anyway, but losing my warranty would have been terrible :P

Blitz, I'm not sure I understood your post. What does deodexed mean? Can you elaborate on what your SBF does?

lost access to my other name Blitz2190 created this one so i could share this with you guys

deodexed rooted 2.3.5 (i stipped out all but system and boot from the sbf so wont lock bootloader)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11863219/electr ... _2.3.5.zip

will wipe everything so backup, everything works

Did you remove any bloat?

Is it really rooted?

Just wanted to say thanks. The new market update really messed up my electrify (long story) and using your SBF file was the only way I finally got everything back running.

I'm am a longtime Winmo person and am now an Android noob, this forum has helped a lot in bringing me up to speed.

Thanks

Sent from my NB7 with Tapatalk via Electrify

Has anyone else had the problem of your phones signal jumping all around after flashing the stock 2.3.5 sbf and also people have to call me like 3 or 4 times before my phone finally rings sometimes. Does anyone know of a way to fix this I have already reflashed on a different computer and still the same problem.

Any help would be much appreciated....What happened?? Ughh.

Sincerely,

-Stuck at moto Boot Screen as if I give a piss squirt about this phone having "dual core technology". -.-

6b20ef244a5ffee79f62be81ae1953bf.png?1335092740

Also,

Blitz, I'm not sure I understood your post. What does deodexed mean? Can you elaborate on what your SBF does?

Apk files have respective odexes that devs use to supposedly save space. Deodexing means you convert it back to a .dex file and put it back inside the apk. This allows you to easily replace files (not having to worry about odexes), but the main point was to deodex services.jar so that you can change all text to different colors (such as the clock color to white) and to deodex services.jar, you need to deodex everything.

Edited by TheCrispyToast

lost access to my other name Blitz2190 created this one so i could share this with you guys

deodexed rooted 2.3.5 (i stipped out all but system and boot from the sbf so wont lock bootloader)

<!-- m -->http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11863219/electr ... _2.3.5.zip<!-- m -->

will wipe everything so backup, everything works

so this is flashable in rsd?

THIS IS RIDICULOUS >: I just tried flashing again, and RSD rejects this **** and says failed. And my phone has a melt down and then I have one myself. Stuck in loop STILL D:

Everything goes swell until it gets to the end of the execution and then it fails at re-enumerating(none the less, that word is fun to say).

Edited by TheCrispyToast

Do you have the stock sbf to flash?

Sent from tittietalk on my Motorola space station x6. Pm me or email me @ Willfeltner@teamuscellular.com

Yea I too am looking for the 2.3.5 sbf. Thanks in advance for the help