[ROMS] Motorola Electrify Stock 2.3.4 SBF File - Page 2 - Electrify ROMs/Kernels/Mods - TeamUSCellular

Photo

[ROMS] Motorola Electrify Stock 2.3.4 SBF File

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 poonjahb

poonjahb

Kewl

• 119 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:19 AM

Thanks for the response, figured there was a reason for it not being up here yet. I was a beta tester for the 2.3.5, so mine has been relocked since then anyway. Still (not so) patiently waiting for another bootloader unlocker.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

#22 na7q

na7q

Amazing... Enough Said

• 2,552 posts
  • Device:Note II & Electrify
  • Google Talk:mike.ph4
  • Google Plus:117490729411959897180

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:29 PM

i just get a bootloop after flashing this! rsd lite says please manually power up this phone. i let it sit and it just bootloops. any ideas?

#23 lioncat55

lioncat55

Becoming Kewl

• 86 posts
  • Device:TP2 > El > S3 > S4

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

does any one have the 2.3.5 .sbf with no pudding?

#24 idusortus

idusortus

New Here

• 7 posts
  • Device:Electrify MB853
  • Google Plus:112233031734844301506

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:38 AM

^^^ Excited phone geek.

The bootstrap Rocko ROM is in a working test stage for the locked Electrify MB853 2.3.5. Pretty nice performance boost and a couple other tweaks.

Hopefully an unlocked bootloader is next on the menu >:(

#25 pittsteelrs

pittsteelrs

New Here

• 2 posts
  • Device:Motorola Electrify

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

Doesn't work for me. I rooted my phone, then when 2.3.5 came out, I lost root (or partial root cause I still have the super user thing) but titanium backup wouldn't work. Since I can't use titanium backup, I decided to reboot to stock. I followed these steps perfectly, but after it's done, it says 'failed' in rds lite and when I reboot my phone, I still have superuser thing but I'm not "rooted". Anyone know how to get me back to stock and get rid of all the stuff like root and backup stuff?

#26 cwill0303

cwill0303

Kewler Than Kewl

• 380 posts
  • Device:Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

I did the same thing and had to flash the stock 2.3.5 file and re-root. Make sure you do a factory reset before you flash the sbf. The sbf file resets everything except the data partition.

#27 thewordisbank

thewordisbank

New Here

• 1 posts
  • Device:motorola electrify

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

When I plug into my computer via usb my computer does not read the phone at all, it's like it's not even there. What am I doing wrong?

#28 cwill0303

cwill0303

Kewler Than Kewl

• 380 posts
  • Device:Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

You need to have the drivers loaded, have the phone powered off and hold down vol down and power, there will be writing on the top of the screen and hit vol up until it shows rsd. Cythrawl has good instructions in one of the posts on this forum on exactly how to do this. Thats how did.

#29 Sc00ter812

Sc00ter812

Hanging Around

• 45 posts
  • Phone #:3193614030
  • Device:GS3 aka POS

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:27 AM

Hey all.

Enclosed in this post is the Motorola Electrify Stock SBF file.

"What does this do?" I hear you ask.. Well listen up and I will tell thee.

This will revert your phone back to Stock.
This will RELOCK your Bootloader if you have previously unlocked it. (IE it will no longer be Unlocked)
It will also remove ROOT and restore all data on all the internal partitions including preinstall, osh, system, etc.

It will NOT delete your Data partition, all your apps etc will be intact, but if they needed root access they will obviously lose that..

Now there are some things you must know:

1) It doesnt delete your Data partition, as I stated above - so if you had any apps giving you issues they will still do so. If you wanted to go back to full stock, try and do a Restore Factory first before flashing it so you know you are totally back at stock with no pesky apps giving you issues.

2) You will lose programming on the phone. So even tho it will boot, no data, phone calls, sms until you do a *228 to provision the phone.

DO NOT DO *228 IF YOU ARE NOT ON A USCC NETWORK (you have been officially warned)

This is handy if you mess up your phone and didnt make a backup of your stock rom (Silly you) or if you need to re-lock the bootloader for a warranty issue.

How to Flash:

You will need RDSLite 5.5 or higher (you will find them in the unlocking bootloader thread HERE in the zip file)

Power off your phone. Hold Volume up and power on until you see RSD Programming mode on your phone's screen

Connect phone to USB cable.

Put the 1FF-sunfire-user-2.3.4-4.5.1A_SUN_USC_16.7-16-release-keys-signed-USC-US.sbf file into the filename area of RSDLite.

Your phone will be shown in RSD Lite, select it and press start.. It took about 10 mins or so - so be patient.

RSDLite will show success and your phone will reboot back to stock (notice no more unlock in the top left corner)

That's it you are done!

Now you can re-root, unlock, send to repair, whatever you want...

Hope this helps for those who was afraid to flash due to no way of going back!

Grab the SBF Here

You will need to unrar it before using it. Uncompressed its over 2gb! compressed it down to near 1/2 gb! MD5 checksums are enclosed in the zip so you can check if they are OK too.

Enjoy!

Ok, I followed these instructions step by step on 3 different occasions. Every single time i do them, when RSD lite 5.5 is complete, the following appears on the screen of my Electrify:

Starting RSD protocol suppurt

SVF: 106 : 1 : 2

sec_exception: b655, eddc, eb

then after pausing for a while the RSD lite program on my computer says:

Failed flashing process. Phone [0000]: phone did not re-enumerate after RAM-downloader was sent (0x703E); phone connected.

I dont understand what i could be doing wrong. Everyone else has had 100% success doing this and i have failed. I tried to use on another computer, i ran RSD lite as admin. I am at a complete loss. Please help.

#30 mmacpuguy

mmacpuguy

Becoming Kewl

• 52 posts
  • Device:Samsung Mesmerize

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

So could someone confirm what I think I understand?

I've got 2.3.5 on my phone, I can't go back to 2.3.4 ever even with the 2.3.4 SBF - correct?

But I've rooted my phone 2.3.5 and if I need to send it in for service I could get charged - correct?

Can I take the phone back to a stock version of 2.3.5 with all the original files?

I've done a Factory Data Reset and still have root, so obviously that doesn't change the OS......

One final question, I think people liked 2.3.4 because you could "unlock" the phone and use a different sim card from a different carrier right? How does that work, just plug in a working sim card and you are able to make calls?

Thanks!

#31 cdrice15

cdrice15

Amazing Person

• 422 posts
  • Google Talk:cdrice15

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

I've got 2.3.5 on my phone, I can't go back to 2.3.4 ever even with the 2.3.4 SBF - correct?

But I've rooted my phone 2.3.5 and if I need to send it in for service I could get charged - correct?

Can I take the phone back to a stock version of 2.3.5 with all the original files?

I've done a Factory Data Reset and still have root, so obviously that doesn't change the OS......

One final question, I think people liked 2.3.4 because you could "unlock" the phone and use a different sim card from a different carrier right? How does that work, just plug in a working sim card and you are able to make calls?

Thanks!

Correct.....you can not go back to 2.3.4

Use the 2.3.5 sbf file and you will unroot your phone. The directions on how to do it are in this site. Qbking77 has video guides for this process for the photon, sprints electrify, o. You tube. Just use the electrifies sbf file.

Can't answer your question about sim card. I this k it works the same for both versions but dont know. The biggest advantage to the 2.3.4 is the boot loader can be unlocking allowing full custom roms and kernels to be flashed.

Sent from my Electrified CM9 android

#32 mmacpuguy

mmacpuguy

Becoming Kewl

• 52 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

Thanks!

Use the 2.3.5 sbf file and you will unroot your phone. The directions on how to do it are in this site. Qbking77 has video guides for this process for the photon, sprints electrify, o. You tube. Just use the electrifies sbf file.

Can't answer your question about sim card. I this k it works the same for both versions but dont know. The biggest advantage to the 2.3.4 is the boot loader can be unlocking allowing full custom roms and kernels to be flashed.

Thanks for the reply, do you know where I can get the 2.3.5 sbf file?

#33 snodrog742

snodrog742

Seriously 2.0...

• 5,538 posts
  • Phone #:2706812326
  • Device:Moto X
  • Google Talk:teamuscc2011@gmail.com
  • Google Plus:106781649499633521245

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, do you know where I can get the 2.3.5 sbf file?

dm_eds/download.php?id=12

meblend3.jpg

#34 Kitsunesunset

Kitsunesunset

Kewler Than Kewl

• 267 posts
  • Google Talk:Kitsunesunset

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Correct, you can not go back to 2.3.4 even with the SBF because it will not load.

You can take it back to stock with a 2.3.5 SBF. If you ever have to send it in and you are still rooted, you are screwed.

The unlocking has more to do with flashing roms than unlocking it for the reasons you describe. You can already use a sim card without the unlocking.

EDIT: I for whatever reason did not see the replies.. don't mind me.

#35 Kitsunesunset

Kitsunesunset

Kewler Than Kewl

• 267 posts
  • Google Talk:Kitsunesunset

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

Dangit Adam. Lol. Stop typing so fast.

#36 snodrog742

snodrog742

Seriously 2.0...

• 5,538 posts
  • Phone #:2706812326
  • Device:Moto X
  • Google Talk:teamuscc2011@gmail.com
  • Google Plus:106781649499633521245

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

Dangit Adam. Lol. Stop typing so fast.

:) :'(

meblend3.jpg

#37 mmacpuguy

mmacpuguy

Becoming Kewl

• 52 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

Thanks snod & kits!

#38 Guest_blitz21_*

Guest_blitz21_*

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

lost access to my other name Blitz2190 created this one so i could share this with you guys
deodexed rooted 2.3.5 (i stipped out all but system and boot from the sbf so wont lock bootloader)
http://dl.dropbox.co... ... _2.3.5.zip
will wipe everything so backup, everything works

#39 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:16 AM

disregard me previous post apparently root doesn't mean root ill have to look again

#40 mmacpuguy

mmacpuguy

Becoming Kewl

• 52 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

Did this last night and it worked perfectly, thanks again! I didn't really get anything from rooting my phone anyway, but losing my warranty would have been terrible :P

1 2