Sign in to follow this  
sks1024

Remove Desire CyanogenMod 7 with Data2SD + cMTD

I have a couple HTC desires with CyanogenMod 7 with Data2SD + cMTD. I want to completely remove all of the software and partitions and put phone back to as close to factory stock as possible. Can someone lead me to some files and ways to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Stan

Just wipe everything in recovery and flash a remove cMTD .zip file. (Not sure if that part is needed, but to be safe I would do it)

Then run the RUU for the phone from here: http://member.america.htc.com/download/Web_materials/Manual/Desire_Froyo/Desire_froyo_2.11.573.exe

That will restore it completely back to stock USCC firmware except it will still be S-Off. But custom recovery and cm will be gone. You will still have the ext partition on your card which won't affect the phone but if you want the space back you will have to remove that manually with a tool like gparted. But that isn't something to worry about

Glad it worked. There is no way to get S-On right now. Probably never. unrevoked said they would eventually support it I think in their S-On tool, but I think that has since been forgotten about because of their work with the newer phones like the Evo3D, Sensation, etc.

I cant get the RUU to run at all. Doesn't detect the Desire at all. Does the Desire need to be booted up to CM7, or left on the recovery or what when running the RUU? And when its on CM7 my computer doesn't recognize the phone. I keep getting a notification, 'Device Not Recognized'

Yeah. I have HTC sync downloaded and then removed. It's not my phone also. Mine works fine. My friend sorta damaged his phone and now needs it stock. And I've tried on other PCs, and it does the same thing, device not recognized. However the phone will still charge like normal...

Sent from my CDMA HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Can you still get to cwm?

If so I have a clean version of eclair from a nandroid that I could get to you.

Also still have all the cmtd files if needed.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Shot in the dark, but is USB Debugging on? I can't remember if that makes a difference. Sucks how fast we forget after moving to a new phone.

It was on. For some reason i thought it needed to be on for this, never thought to give it a try with it off... ill have to check next time.

Can you still get to cwm?

If so I have a clean version of eclair from a nandroid that I could get to you.

Also still have all the cmtd files if needed.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

And yes, i can get to cwm still. And that would be awesome if you could! Thank you much! :)