Sign in to follow this  
gpgp00

Any SD cards given you fits in the Desire?

Any thoughts on SD cards to avoid for the Desire? I bought what turned out to be a dud SanDisk 16 GB class 4 card from Staples. I spent 5 days fighting intermittent lockups after flashing a new ROM figuring it was something I was doing wrong only to find out it was the new SD card. The card was originally formatted with a 32 KB cluster size. I reformatted it two different times using that same cluster size but it didn’t fix the problem, so Monday it’s getting returned.

Right now I’m back to using an old but proven SanDisk 8 GB class 2 card, but I’d like to get something bigger and faster. From what I’ve read, a class 10 card isn’t necessary and may even cause issues in mobile phones. I’m sure my issue was just a fluke and I could probably get another SanDisk class 4 or 6 card and be just fine. Just wondering if you ran into any cards that you had issues with in the CDMA Desire. Thanks!

I was using a class 4 32gb Sandisk in mine with no problem. Although it seems many others had problems with 32gb cards and I am not sure why i was fine. And my card is almost full. Haha. I would suggest you stick around class 4-6. I think a 10 would be pretty unnecessary but that is all up to you. I do not know if the Desire could handle it.

i have tried an adata 32gb class 4 and a sandisk 32gb class 4 and both had issues writing data to the card. both cards work fine in my computer and i bought them both from reliable vendors so i didnt have to worry about fakes but neither work. got amazing deals on them so holding on until my next phone and hope that they will work better in that one.

They're still pretty new cards all around. If your vender is as reliable as you say, you could try telling them you've had problems with the cards and see if they'll replace them. I've had both Newegg and Amazon do that with SD cards before.