16 replies to this topic

#1 tryn2havefun

tryn2havefun

New Here

• 5 posts
  • Device:electrify

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

Ok Im lost!
I have a Galaxy S on Us Cellular and have a new Motorola electrify and I need to clone the esn to the electrify... PLEASE HELP!
I have the 2.3.5 on the Electrify.

#2 lioncat55

lioncat55

Becoming Kewl

• 90 posts
  • Device:TP2 > El > S3 > S4

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:08 AM

why do you need to clone the esn?

#3 AKDMA

AKDMA

Kewl

• 143 posts
  • Device:SGS3 AOKP

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

+1, doesn't seem necessary.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

#4 tryn2havefun

tryn2havefun

New Here

• 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:39 AM

Work Provides me me with the Galaxy and The Electrify I purchased has a bad esn and can not be activated....

#5 tryn2havefun

tryn2havefun

New Here

• 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

So I want to Clone the Esn and needed info to the Electrify so I can use it and Retire the Galaxy...

#6 AKDMA

AKDMA

Kewl

• 143 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:00 PM

Work Provides me me with the Galaxy and The Electrify I purchased has a bad esn and can not be activated....

That sounds sketchy. If you purchased it, return it. A "bad esn" as in?? The only time I have ever been unable to activate a phone in 5 years of wireless is if the phone was stolen or from another carrier.

#7 tryn2havefun

tryn2havefun

New Here

• 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

The only reason I need to clone is due to the fact that I am not on the business account of the galaxy and could not not have it activated..
its not really that big of a deal.. The Galaxy is a good phone I just thought the Electrify would be better....The Electrify was a phone that my daughters friend lost got a replacement from Us Cellular and then Found it I bought it from her for the 100 dollars that she had to pay for the replacement one.. I contacted Us Cellular and the Guy at the Counter said it was red flagged and could not be used...

#8 AKDMA

AKDMA

Kewl

• 143 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:55 PM

The only reason I need to clone is due to the fact that I am not on the business account of the galaxy and could not not have it activated..
its not really that big of a deal.. The Galaxy is a good phone I just thought the Electrify would be better....The Electrify was a phone that my daughters friend lost got a replacement from Us Cellular and then Found it I bought it from her for the 100 dollars that she had to pay for the replacement one.. I contacted Us Cellular and the Guy at the Counter said it was red flagged and could not be used...

I'd get a refund or sell it for parts.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

#9 Cythrawl

Cythrawl

Almost The Best

• 605 posts
  • Device:Galaxy S4

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

You cant clone a CDMA ESN without illegal tools... You cant do it legally either.. Sorry

See the FCC site HERE before someone calls me out on it..

ESN cloning is used for Cellphone Fraud. The tools and the act is illegal.

#10 snodrog742

snodrog742

Seriously 2.0...

• 5,746 posts
  • Phone #:2706812326
  • Device:Moto X
  • Google Talk:teamuscc2011@gmail.com
  • Google Plus:106781649499633521245

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:28 PM

It's probably flagged because they had it suspended when they couldn't find it. Couldn't your daughter's friend just call and clear up the confusion? If it's not stolen and is a USCC phone, they should be able to clear it as you know the actual owner.

meblend3.jpg

#11 tryn2havefun

tryn2havefun

New Here

• 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

Yeah I may just take it to the us cellular office and see if they can clear it then sell it I dont think there is anyway they would let me add it on my business account anyway.. Thanks for the help and info guys..

#12 AKDMA

AKDMA

Kewl

• 143 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

Yeah I may just take it to the us cellular office and see if they can clear it then sell it I dont think there is anyway they would let me add it on my business account anyway.. Thanks for the help and info guys..

Just an FYI when they are reported lost/stolen for insurance purposes, its very rare that the phone can be reused as that would be an easy to abuse system resulting in cheap phones without a contract. That stinks you got burned, but realistically you have a nice dev device or parts. Maybe you'll get lucky though, sure can't hurt to try.

#13 Cythrawl

Cythrawl

Almost The Best

• 605 posts
  • Device:Galaxy S4

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

Just an FYI when they are reported lost/stolen for insurance purposes, its very rare that the phone can be reused as that would be an easy to abuse system resulting in cheap phones without a contract. That stinks you got burned, but realistically you have a nice dev device or parts. Maybe you'll get lucky though, sure can't hurt to try.

If you bring PhotoID and it was originally on your account, it can be unflagged. Otherwise they wont do it.

#14 AKDMA

AKDMA

Kewl

• 143 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

If you bring PhotoID and it was originally on your account, it can be unflagged. Otherwise they wont do it.

Not if an insurance claim was filed on it, which I'm assuming is the case based on his wording. Of course, if it's just been lost and recovered that's relatively simple to resolve.

#15 gr33nd3vil

gr33nd3vil

Pretty Darn Amazing

• 1,959 posts
  • Device:VZW LG G2

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

I would just send it back on Ebay and get your money back, or try to plea bargin with US Cellular that you bought it off Ebay, and that your a business, see if they will "bend" the rules, depending where you are, sometimes they will... sometimes they wont.

#16 oditius

oditius

Kewl

• 146 posts
  • Device:HTC 7 Pro

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

Yeah, bring it back to USCC.... Of course it won't be returned.. The phone was not your daughters friend to give away or sell, according to the rules she/he was suppose to return the phone, or she/he can be charged the full amount of the phone ($599.95)...

#17 dave0812

dave0812

Kewler Than Kewl

• 234 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

In response to it being brought back in. My wife's mes was stolen at her school. After 2 days we filled the $100 dollar deductible. That afternoon the phone was found. When I called to try and switch it back I was told no way. We had norlt even received the replacement phone yet. Spent a good hour on the phone with cs and customer relations and still no. Noe I have 2 mesmerizes. One that will work and one that wont

Sent from my MB853 using Tapatalk

1 2