Sign in to follow this  
jwendt79

Updating CWM

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what are the advantages of updating CMW. I rooted with Unrevoked about a year ago and never changed CWM. I believe I have CWM 2.5.0.9. I know how to flash roms and everything, but does updating CWM change anyhthing when flashing Roms? The reason I ask is I'm wanting to try out a new Rom but it says CWM 3 or higher is required. Also how do I go about updating it. Sorry, I know there is probably a guide on this site somewhere, but I cant seem to find it.

EDIT- I foung the guide in the Guides forum, but the first post is by Weasel, and says its deleted, and I take it that post had directions to do it

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what are the advantages of updating CMW. I rooted with Unrevoked about a year ago and never changed CWM. I believe I have CWM 2.5.0.9. I know how to flash roms and everything, but does updating CWM change anyhthing when flashing Roms? The reason I ask is I'm wanting to try out a new Rom but it says CWM 3 or higher is required. Also how do I go about updating it. Sorry, I know there is probably a guide on this site somewhere, but I cant seem to find it.

EDIT- I foung the guide in the Guides forum, but the first post is by Weasel, and says its deleted, and I take it that post had directions to do it

CWM3 and up uses a different script setting that's required for CM7 allegedly. It's used in more scripts now, so update to Clockworkmod 5 or 4EXT Touch/Classic.

There are many ways to update your recovery, the easiest is using ROM Manager or 4EXT Control.

IF YOU'RE RUNNING CMTD:

Nandroid your phone, wipe data/factory reset, run uninstall cmtd zip, follow instructions that appear (oh dear god follow the instructions please), install any rooted rom you need without cmtd, then install your new recovery via the installer apps.

Also, you can find some installable zips named PB98IMG.zip that you place on the root of your SD card, boot into HBOOT (Vol Down and Power) and it will install for you. It will not allow you to boot into recovery from HBOOT until you remove the zip file afterwards. Remember to not have CMTD installed if you do.

Will not use 4ext app. It have the new touch screen recovery with more option. Goto 4ext.net and download the free version

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

Quick question. I am about to update mt CWM now and I was using ctmd, i ran remove cmtd. Do I install Rom now, or do i need to install recovery cmtd before I do that. Trying to install it without cmtd to update cwm

Having problems. So heres what I've done

went into recovery...ran remove ctmd, went to mounts & storage, "format data" + "format cache" + "format system"

rebooted recovery

mounts and storage' -> "format boot" "format system"

wipe data/factory reset

then installed rom (tried thundersense, devnull, and oxygen)

rebooted and it just sits on the white htc screen. no boot loops or anything. waited about 10 minutes everytime.

This is the first time in forever since I installed a rom not using cmtd. Did I do everything I needed to do to remove it completely?

EDIT- Disregard. seems the remove cmtd I was running was from an older version of cmtd than i had installed before. Got it fixed!!!!