Sign in to follow this  
gpgp00

Downgrading back to HBOOT 1.06 (from Revolutionary)

Greetings – I’m trying to roll back to HBOOT 1.06 after having the Revolutionary HBOOT installed. I ran the USCC HTC RUU to downgrade to Froyo 2.2 and everything seemed to work except HBOOT was still Revolutionary. Following

these instructions (Returning to stock) by having a renamed copy of rom.zip to PB99IMG.zip on the SD card also works for everything except HBOOT. The message I’m getting when doing the update by SD card approach is “Can not roll back hboot version” and “[1] BOOTLOADER – Bypassed”.

My understanding is that you should be able to roll everything back to stock USCC except that the phone would still be S-OFF. Is there a step I missed in getting HBOOT to roll back to stock 1.06? Thanks much.

You can't change the HBOOT for our devices. Our device didn't get the attention from developers it needed.

If you're returning it for insurance, they won't care as long as it's running the stock rom anyway, at least from my experience.

Thank you. Yes, it’s being returned under an insurance claim. It makes sense that they shouldn’t complain, particularly with the reason for the claim being physical damage.