Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dark Reality

[ROM] ÜberAcclaim

6 posts in this topic

I just felt this should be posted over here. It's the ROM I'm currently running, and I'm quite happy with it. In short, it's a trimmed ROM that removes stuff the author doesn't think you absolutely need, with the aim of preserving battery life and increasing the usability of the phone. He also adds the 1% battery mod so you can see exactly what you have left, and the power control widget in the notification area. It does lock you into the old Market (not the first one, the second one we got, with the bottom of the green circle at the top and the featured app wheel. The last one before the Windows Phone/Metro one, I think. You can install that Market directly, but the Market Updater is not present in this ROM, so it won't happen automatically.

About:

All Über ROMs are built around five goals:

-speed

-battery life

-cleanness

-features (tweaks, modifications, and such)

-unstressful load on the CPU

This is done by cleaning up the system. I've noticed, in an extensive period of monitoring system programs on my Moment, that at any given time there are five or six background services running. I've brought this down to one.

In addition, twenty or more other internal programs use CPU power and battery. I've managed to bring this down to just twelve, and I'm constantly finding more.

The result? The CPU doesn't have to work as hard. Side effects are extended battery life and noticeably better performance.

All other DL25 ROMs weigh in at 75MB. This comes in at 60.8MB. As such, when the ROM is installed on the system, you'll save a good amount of space.

Based on Venrom DL25 because it seems to be the most stable right now.

Credits go to tdj512, john e wade, 96blkgsr, AGAT, dodgejcr, and Joeseph Mother (he'll be missed).

Features:

-formats system, data, and cache: for a clean install that takes full advantage of what this ROM has to offer

-packaged with CrappyKernel

-removed bloatware

-cleaned up the system: less stress on the CPU, better battery life and performance

-blocked ads in applications: less stress CPU and data usage, better battery life and performance

-1% battery mod

-reboot/recovery mod

-power control widgets

-build.prop tweaks:

-RAM tweaks for better memory management (FilthyPanda)

-home app locked into memory

-WiFi scanning should use 50% less battery then before

-possibly better video recording

-performance tweaks

-kernel tweaks to avoid potential problems

-updated Google apps to their latest versions

Link: SDX-Developers.com

I'm not supporting it, just passing news along, but if you have a question and you don't have an account on SDX-Developers and don't want to make one, if you ask me I'll pass it along. The developer's a pretty cool guy from what I can tell, very helpful.

If anyone wants screen shots - I recently flashed this for a friend via CWM....And it's awesome! For this old of a phone, this is super fast, almost as fast as my electrify.

Im actually considering using this phone instead....Jeez.

TheCrispyToast, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like some screen shots. I have a friend who has one of these and is constantly complaining about it and I'm trying to get him to use this ROM.

TheCrispyToast, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like some screen shots. I have a friend who has one of these and is constantly complaining about it and I'm trying to get him to use this ROM.

Sure. What do you want screenshots of?

Cool. How about the "about phone", "storage", the applications page(s) and what the 1% battery mod would show? TIA

Glad to see some interest in this ROM. My old Acclaim is actually test subject zero now, I donated it to the developer. (He was using a Moment and porting.)

About screenshots: it's as AOSP FroYo as it gets plus the notification toggles from CyanogenMod, 6 I guess. But it's not a port of CyanogenMod. It won't do screenshots in its own but it will with an app.

Crispy, no way it's anywhere near a stock Electrify, especially one running CyanogenMod 10.

Posted from my AOKP Jelly Electrify using Tapatalk.