Sign in to follow this  
badge

Problem with Desire , Please help me

I am running stock 2.2 by the way. Rooted. S-off. The other day I was texting and the phone rebooted. When it came back up it was roaming with almost no signal and 1x data and the roaming triangle. It will not make a call at all. I was in US Cellular's area so I called them from my Electrify. I couldn't do a *228 because the phone was roaming. The techs had me try a few things but still roaming and not making calls. They could see that I was going from Sprint towers to other carriers towers but not a US Cellular tower at all. Checked the PRL and it was right for US Cellular. Anyone have this problem or know what I could do. Could I change radios or something ?

Also make sure the CDMA roaming options didn't get flipped somehow (Settings->Wireless & Networks->Mobile Networks->System Select).

I didn't get time to fool with it yesterday. I have tried the battery pull. Not for 10 minutes though. I also checked the wireless settings. The funny thing is when it rebooted on me all my stuff was gone. Like it did it's own factory reset. From searching Google on this I have found many people that have had this problem with the Desire but they never say how they got it fixed. I have never had any problems with my Desire in over a year that wasn't caused by me flashing roms and such. If I figure it out I will let everyone know what I did in case it happens to you guys.