[rom]{ROCKO} Eternity Project Rocko Electrify 3.5 - All Credit to Rocko - Electrify ROMs/Kernels/Mods - TeamUSCellular

Photo

[rom]{ROCKO} Eternity Project Rocko Electrify 3.5 - All Credit to Rocko

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 TheCrispyToast

TheCrispyToast

Becoming Kewl

• 99 posts
  • Device:Motorola Electrify

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

All credit goes to Rocko over at XDA for making this for us! Donate to him if you can and you will continue to see updates specifically for the electrify:)

Warning: MMS does not work

Posted Image

Files:

1. gscript/apps: http://teamuscellula...pt-and-appszip/

2. Rocko Electrify 3.5 Beta: http://d-h.st/0Ve (Mirror)

YOU MUST BE ROOTED! If you don't know how to root, click here to root with Torpedo.

Myself, Rocko, nor Eternity Project are held liable if you decide to be a derp and brick your phone.

Screenshots:

Steps for the noobs:
  • Download gscript/apps folder, put the .apk files wherever you want, download and install all. Download ROM .zip file and put it on your external SD card wherever you would like.
  • Take "gscript" folder, put in root of INTERNAL SD CARD.
  • Once all apps are installed(Super User, Bootstrap(system recovery), root explorer, and script manager, find busy box on market, install, open app, and click install button.
  • Navigate to Script Manager and find the gscript folder, open it, run the file titled: "!Autostarts - Enable init.d on Stock ROMS.sh", it will run and do its thing. It wills say reboot, don't do a full re-boot, you will be doing one in a second.
  • Open up system recovery(bootstrap), hit install, it will ask for super user permissions, grant them. It will say install success, hit install again to make sure. Then plug your phone into a WALL CHARGER(you can not use a usb cable from your PC), click Recovery Mode, it will reboot into recovery mode.
  • Take a full nandroid backup if you wish by going to backups&restore, yeah its pretty self-explanatory.
  • On the main menu, do a factory reset. Then when thats done, go to mounts&storage, and format System, Data, and Cache. Then return to main menu, go to advanced>Wipe Dalvik Cache.
  • REPEAT THE ABOVE STEP 2 MORE TIMES
  • Go to install zip from SD card>Choose zip from SD card>Navigate to the ROM .zip file. Let it Install, should take about 2minutes or so.
  • When it is done, you will have the option to return to the main menu, DO SO. DO NOT JUST PULL YOUR BATTERY AND SEE IF IT BOOTS. It will take quite a while to return to the menu, eventually the menu will appear, click on reboot system.
Enjoy.

-Rocko & Chris
  • cwill0303 likes this

#2 cwill0303

cwill0303

Kewler Than Kewl

• 380 posts
  • Device:Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Very nice, do you have a list of the issues that this rom has?
  • phince1 likes this

#3 phince1

phince1

Pretty Darn Amazing

• 1,490 posts
  • Device:NOTE3/SGS4
  • Google Talk:phince1

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

Is this different than the Rocko beta?

#4 WillFeltner

WillFeltner

Kewler Than Kewl

• 380 posts
  • Device:Electrify

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Ditto

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

#5 TheCrispyToast

TheCrispyToast

Becoming Kewl

• 99 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Yes, I will be posting tons of screenshots in a bit. And yes, this is WAY different than the earlier version posted by will. Not a whole lot visually, but as far as bug-free goes, a lot. Mainly because this version is specifically for US cellular electrify, not sprint.

On one hand, this is a lot more stable and less process errors, but on the other hand - There are a few visual errors. Nothing major. Camera, video, 3g, mms, call, all works.

Edited by TheCrispyToast, 29 April 2012 - 07:04 PM.

• phince1 likes this

#6 WillFeltner

WillFeltner

Kewler Than Kewl

• 380 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Battery on this rom goes in 20% increments in the notification bar. Under phone status it goes in 1%. Any battery meter off the market will read in 1% increments. I suggest ISC launcher from team syndicate.

And if you are comparing the rom I posted a few days ago to this one I suggest going with this rom. You can try them both but this one has less in it. Even though that means less bling. It also means less hassle.

#7 TheCrispyToast

TheCrispyToast

Becoming Kewl

• 99 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Yeah, rocko rocko beta is a lot better visually but way too many bugs to be considered stable. Really trying to get Edward to release the 4.0 for locked electrify. We'll see;)

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

#8 cwill0303

cwill0303

Kewler Than Kewl

• 380 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

I cant seem to send or receive mms with this. It keeps telling me that i have to setup the apns. When i go into voice dialer and say open apns, it opens up a blank screen. When i add the apn and save, the screen is still blank. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Edit: im not sure if i can get over not being able to read any menu popups since they are black letters on a black background

Edited by cwill0303, 01 May 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#9 TheCrispyToast

TheCrispyToast

Becoming Kewl

• 99 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

I know, that's the only glitch I see so far. I just need to find the text handler file...

Sent from my Motorola Electrify

#10 cwill0303

cwill0303

Kewler Than Kewl

• 380 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

I know, that's the only glitch I see so far. I just need to find the text handler file...

Are you able to send and receive mms?

#11 WillFeltner

WillFeltner

Kewler Than Kewl

• 380 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

Im with ya on the black menus. And my mms isnt working either ...

#12 TheCrispyToast

TheCrispyToast

Becoming Kewl

• 99 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

Mine was, then I rebooted and now its not. I'll shoot a question over to rocko @ XDA...hmm...

#13 cwill0303

cwill0303

Kewler Than Kewl

• 380 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

Im using Gosms and it works fine, so just something with the stock text app. I posted on the Rocko thread about it earlier.

Edited by cwill0303, 02 May 2012 - 09:17 AM.

#14 WillFeltner

WillFeltner

Kewler Than Kewl

• 380 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

I use Gosms as well. It is something with the phone not the texting apk

#15 TheCrispyToast

TheCrispyToast

Becoming Kewl

• 99 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

Thanks cwill(:

#16 jrmyrobert83

jrmyrobert83

Hanging Around

• 32 posts
  • Google Talk:jrmyrobert83@gmail.com
  • Google Plus:104845069143983784644

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

how do you know if this rom is installed correctly

#17 cwill0303

cwill0303

Kewler Than Kewl

• 380 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

how do you know if this rom is installed correctly

What do you mean? Something not working as it should? You can check the about phone section and Rocko should be mentioned.

#18 WillFeltner

WillFeltner

Kewler Than Kewl

• 380 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:32 PM

It is not mentioned on mine

sent from my brown horse on the trail to eldorado

#19 jrmyrobert83

jrmyrobert83

Hanging Around

• 32 posts
  • Google Talk:jrmyrobert83@gmail.com
  • Google Plus:104845069143983784644

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

It's not mentioned in mine but it's loaded correctly it just looks exactly like 3.5 but i figured it out... what do you guys think of the rocko rom on this http://www.eternityp...-050612-locked/ i think it might be the same but there is a download 4.0 file im thinking about loading it to see if its andriod 4.0 but my luck it'll brick my phone...

OK well I flashed that 4.0 one and it's still 3.5
Only thing I've noticed so far on any of the rocko Roms is that. the Google search and the stock browser force close the instant u open them up.

Edited by jrmyrobert83, 08 May 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#20 WillFeltner

WillFeltner

Kewler Than Kewl

• 380 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

The 4.0 download also has a few issues. The data toggle in the pull down menu changes the rotate deal not the 3g. Both 3.5 and 4.0 dont send mms. Idk. Im frustrated with both right now.

1 2