• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 freibrauer

freibrauer

Kewl

• 151 posts
  • Device:LG Optimus

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:17 AM

I am really surprised no one has posted about this yet. USCC has partnered with Wal-Mart who I believe is now USCC's first MVNO. Sprint has used a ton of MVNO's and are largely responsible for its continued prepay growth. This particular offering looks really competitive and given that USCC is partnering with Wal-Mart and now has fully nationwide coverage included in this prepay (their domestically branded Prepay is not nationwide) it makes them even more competitive. Plus let’s face it, if you were aware of USCC's rock solid network and were given the same price as other prepay with fully nationwide service why wouldn't you choose USCC? The biggest limit to this is the limited number of devices, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see these expand as time goes on.

The site is online now at this link - http://www.uprepaid.net/

Unlimited Talk, Text, and Web on a feature phone: $40
Unlimited Talk, Text and 2GB of Android Data: $50

CHICAGO and LITTLE ROCK, Ark., April 30, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- U.S. Cellular (USM - News) and Alltel Wireless have joined together to begin offering U Prepaid, a no contract wireless service, in select Walmart Stores, Inc. (WMT - News) in local communities across 18 states beginning in May. The alliance, the first of its kind in the industry, offers customers flexible payment options without signing a contract.
"Teaming with Alltel to gain distribution in Walmart gives us another opportunity to be where our customers want to shop and to offer more customers a prepaid service that helps them control their monthly budgets," said Carter S. Elenz, executive vice president of sales and customer service for U.S. Cellular. "U Prepaid customers with U.S. Cellular will be backed by our high-speed network, which has the highest call quality and network satisfaction of any national carrier."
The new alliance provides Walmart customers simplified, easy-to-understand service plan choices. Depending on where customers live, the U Prepaid service will run on either U.S. Cellular's high-speed national network or Alltel's advanced coast-to-coast network.
"Alltel is proud to bring the strength and equity of our U Prepaid brand to U.S. Cellular to create this unique alliance," said Lesa Handly, chief marketing officer for Alltel Wireless. "Together, we can leverage our position as the "local" wireless carrier offering a hometown alternative in the communities we serve."
Customers will be able to select one of four U Prepaid devices that best meets their personal needs. The Android-powered Samsung Repp is a touchscreen smartphone for customers who want to stay productive while on the go. The LG Attune/LG Exchange and LG Saber make staying connected to friends and family easy with full QWERTY keyboards, and the Samsung Chrono provides the features and functionality for customers who prefer to use their phone for calling and texting.
Customers will be able to choose from a variety of value-packed plans to match how they use their phones. There are multiple data options and plans that include unlimited talk and texting. All of the plans are nationwide with no roaming charges.
Steve Carlson, U.S. Cellular, steve.carlson@uscellular.com, 312-217-0606
Cheryl Ringgold, Alltel Wireless, cherylringgold@alltel.com, 501-448-1432
About U.S. Cellular
U.S. Cellular's award-winning high-speed nationwide network has the highest call quality of any national carrier and features a strong line-up of cutting-edge devices. The Chicago-based carrier was named a J.D. Power and buttociates Customer Service Champion in 2012 for the second year in a row. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or uscellular.com. To get the latest news, promos and videos, connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular, Twitter.com/uscellular and YouTube.com/uscellularcorp.
Alltel Wireless
Alltel Wireless, marketed by Allied Wireless Communications Corporation (AWCC), is America's longest running wireless brand serving customers in six states. The Little Rock, AR-based carrier's signature Best Value Unlimited plan helps customers stretch their dollars further. Combined with leading smartphone and feature phone devices delivered on an advanced network, Alltel Wireless offers consumers one of the most compelling values in the wireless industry. AWCC is a subsidiary of Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc. (ATNI - News). For more information, please visit http://alltelwireless.com or http://awcc.com.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
http://www.cisionwir...0-walm,c9253579

• RWC4USC likes this

#2 RWC4USC

RWC4USC

Kewler Than Kewl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Device:Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

I don't think it's been addressed because everybody here is a postpaid customer, and they're more concerned about the latest devices rumors. But its huge news for us all. The more revenue the company can bring in, the more money they can spend on getting high end devices, and rolling out 4G LTE. Excellent post.

Sent from my Galaxy susxeN in testing

#3 snodrog742

snodrog742

Seriously 2.0...

• 5,872 posts
  • Phone #:2706812326
  • Device:iPhone 5s
  • Google Talk:teamuscc2011@gmail.com
  • Google Plus:106781649499633521245

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

I don't think it's been addressed because everybody here is a postpaid customer, and they're more concerned about the latest devices rumors.

Sent from my Galaxy susxeN in testing

Not true by any means. I'm really excited about it and would actually consider it if had more device selection. Most of us are postpaid but we are interested in EVERYTHING, not just rumors.

Thanks freibrauer for covering this

meblend3.jpg

#4 RWC4USC

RWC4USC

Kewler Than Kewl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

I apologize, I stand corrected. I think its an excellent businesses move from USC. And I'm sure with time more devices will become available

Sent from my Motorola Razr V3M

#5 kevdogg329

kevdogg329

New Here

• 8 posts
  • Device:Blackberry 9630

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

I called their customer service number last night for more info. I felt like i was calling Tracfone's customer's service....all scripted. Fould you could not bring your own device, the service is not up yet, will come up on May 14th, and the daily plans are even if you dont use your phone. cheaper to pay by month. Waiting for some reviews from early adopters to see if this is for me. So far the only nice thing i see about this service is $30 a month for 1500 NATIONWIDE minutes.

#6 freibrauer

freibrauer

Kewl

• 151 posts
  • Device:LG Optimus

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

Not all that suprising. My guess is it's really Walmart providing the customer service, and USCC and Alltell are just the device/network providers. That's why USCC's home branded prepay doesn't appear to be going away.

I called their customer service number last night for more info. I felt like i was calling Tracfone's customer's service....all scripted. Fould you could not bring your own device, the service is not up yet, will come up on May 14th, and the daily plans are even if you dont use your phone. cheaper to pay by month. Waiting for some reviews from early adopters to see if this is for me. So far the only nice thing i see about this service is $30 a month for 1500 NATIONWIDE minutes.

#7 bignick771

bignick771

Becoming Kewl

• 84 posts
  • Device:Galaxy S3

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

I work in electronics at walmart and we got out us cellular phones in the other day, I didn't see them but was told at least one android phone was in for $140 and the rest standard handsets. The prices on the plans are extremely good though so i'm interested to see the popularity once everything becomes official since nothing can be sold until the 14th.

#8 bignick771

bignick771

Becoming Kewl

• 84 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

Not all that suprising. My guess is it's really Walmart providing the customer service, and USCC and Alltell are just the device/network providers. That's why USCC's home branded prepay doesn't appear to be going away.

as far as customer service goes walmart doesn't provide any service for the prepaid phones, no matter which carrier. Walmart just supplies the handsets to the customers. Services and account information is all handled by the cell carrier directly.

#9 kevdogg329

kevdogg329

New Here

• 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:48 AM

If they allowed me to bring my blackberry over.....the temptation would be great, but since US Cell's current prepaid is focused on Android worship, im not suprised.

#10 RWC4USC

RWC4USC

Kewler Than Kewl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

If they allowed me to bring my blackberry over.....the temptation would be great, but since US Cell's current prepaid is focused on Android worship, im not suprised.

Yeah, not gonna happen. Uprepaid is an alternative to USC prepaid, or straight talk. USC doesn't want to lose you as a postpaid customer and move you to prepaid. That would be a horrible, horrible business move. Instead you need to look at the consumer group this is aimed for. It's at walmart, and it will be right next to the straight talk phones. There will never be a high end device on Uprepaid. Uprepaid is aimed at the lower class folk. Not meant for people who are willing to spend money on a good device.

#11 L0st1nTr4nsl4ti0n

L0st1nTr4nsl4ti0n

Hanging Around

• 37 posts
  • Device:Motorola Electrify 2

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

as far as customer service goes walmart doesn't provide any service for the prepaid phones, no matter which carrier. Walmart just supplies the handsets to the customers. Services and account information is all handled by the cell carrier directly.

You are partially incorrect in that statement, we provide no support to a uPrepaid consumer, they actually have to deal with WalMart for that, while yes, the service comes partially from us, partially from Alltell, and the account info will be accessible from our end, we will not be supporting those customers.

#12 kevdogg329

kevdogg329

New Here

• 8 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

The only thing keeping me with the post-paid is my Blackberry. I have had many androids, but i NEED the keyboard on my BB. the saber looks ok....may try it out as a second phone.

#13 RWC4USC

RWC4USC

Kewler Than Kewl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

You will be disappointed going from a BB to a saber

#14 thatoneguy

thatoneguy

Amazing... Enough Said

• 2,069 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

how could you decide that without filling out your notebook?!?

lol jk i hate that stupid thing

Swyped while swerving from my Motorola Electrify

#15 RWC4USC

RWC4USC

Kewler Than Kewl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

Meh, I find it useful sometimes... But other times I feel I can make a proper recommendation without even needing to open it.

#16 ForzaManny

ForzaManny

Becoming Kewl

• 99 posts
  • Device:HTC Pro 7
  • Google Talk:forzamanny@gmail.com
  • Google Plus:117661563763513105836

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

Meh, I find it useful sometimes... But other times I feel I can make a proper recommendation without even needing to open it.

Blasphemy!!

we all know those books are going to save USCC and get us millions and millions of customers.... if not billions!!
/sarcasm

#17 RWC4USC

RWC4USC

Kewler Than Kewl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

Blasphemy!!

we all know those books are going to save USCC and get us millions and millions of customers.... if not billions!!
/sarcasm

I think the 5steps is a great idea. The book is just an added effect, and a place to write notes. I also however feel that it's appropriate to improvise with those few customers who do get annoyed with the whole process

#18 thatoneguy

thatoneguy

Amazing... Enough Said

• 2,069 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

Blasphemy!!

/sarcasm

I think the 5steps is a great idea. The book is just an added effect, and a place to write notes. I also however feel that it's appropriate to improvise with those few customers who do get annoyed with the whole process

making it a mandatory requirement is bs. It helps with some customers, but not all. Let us sell our way, if it's working. If I have a 70% smart phone attachment rate, being forced to change my sales process for every customer is going to annoy more people than increase my sales.

#19 RWC4USC

RWC4USC

Kewler Than Kewl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

Blasphemy!!

/sarcasm

making it a mandatory requirement is bs. It helps with some customers, but not all. Let us sell our way, if it's working. If I have a 70% smart phone attachment rate, being forced to change my sales process for every customer is going to annoy more people than increase my sales.

Do you have a manager that is constantly peering over your shoulder? I use it when I need it which is 90% of the time, or when the big wigs come by

#20 thatoneguy

thatoneguy

Amazing... Enough Said

• 2,069 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

Blasphemy!!

/sarcasm

Do you have a manager that is constantly peering over your shoulder? I use it when I need it which is 90% of the time, or when the big wigs come by

AAE that insists on it being used 100% of sales...

1 2