Sign in to follow this  
Saren

Upgrading from Desire

I've had my Desire for a couple years now and it is still running strong with ICS BCM rom its very stable and such but i'm thinking of upgrading. I was wondering what should i upgrade to (which phone can be rooted easily and has good ROM support) or should i wait abit for a better phone to come?

I'm in the same situation as you. I've been extending the life of my desire for a while now with new ROMs. I have been eyeing up the Galaxy S3 which we can pre-order soon. Still $300 with a $100 mail in rebate. I think as long as the BCM ICS rom is running stable for me I'm going to keep my desire until the price drops.

Definitely the Galaxy S3. You can pre-order it now.

which phone can be rooted easily and has good ROM support) ?

guarantee with the amount of carriers getting this phone, root and roms will be aplenty

Swyped while swerving from my Motorola Electrify

which phone can be rooted easily and has good ROM support) ?

guarantee with the amount of carriers getting this phone, root and roms will be aplenty

My thoughts exactly.

I'm just anticipating the roms and mods that will come out.

I sure hope that a LOT more people migrate to USC now. That will help the community of "stock is hating" scoundrels grow!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

But i'm curious will the GSIII will there be a CDMA and a GSM like the Desire that was the one thing i hated was GSM Desire got all the love but CDMA Desire got barely any

But i'm curious will the GSIII will there be a CDMA and a GSM like the Desire that was the one thing i hated was GSM Desire got all the love but CDMA Desire got barely any

But there will be a cdma gs3, on Verizon. So the Verizon roms can be ported, like the sprint photon roms were ported for the electrify.

The Desire has been a great phone, and I have been running Phoenix Rom for over a year with no problems and I still really enjoy it.

I upgraded to the SGSII and about a week later the rumors started that the SGSIII was coming so I took a chance and returned it. Glad I did now, on pre-order is a White 32gb.

I may change over to ICS on the Desire the last couple of weeks to get used to it before the SGSIII comes in. I really believe the SGSIII is worth the upgrade over Desire.