zmedhaug

ics aokp for mesmerize 4.04

i am not responsible if you damage or brick your phone. or throw it like i wanted to. this is the 21 step program to recovery lol.

DOWNLOAD ALL OF THESE FILES

Pit

Stock Tar

Rooted Tar

Data Fix

Gapps

ODIN

BUILD 2

BUILD 40 (this is the build as of 7/26/12 if there is a newer version or link is broken download it from HERE)

Put these files on the root of yoor sd card

• data fix
  • blacked out gapps
  • teanhacksung-ota-eng.BUILD2.showcasemtd
  • bboy kang

START BY ROOTING THE PHONE ( THIS IS FOR GINGERBREAD 2.3.4(5) if you ever get stuck in a boot loop go to the BOOT LOOP SECTION

1. remove the battery from your phone and plug it into your computer, hold the volume down button until it comes up in download mode
  2. open Odin and make sure nothing is checked except auto reboot and f. reset time
  3. click the pda button and select the cwm4_fixed_for_cm7-ODIN you downloaded (pda will be checked)
  4. click start
  5. when phone powers off put in battery and it should reboot.
  6. after it reboots let it finish scanning media
  7. now power off then hold volume button in middle and power. (called boot into recovery)
  8. select wipe/data factory reset then wipe cache partition then select advanced> wipe dalvic cache
  9. go back after selecting yes to all of those.
  10. select install zip from sd> chose zip from sd> teamhacksung-ota-eng.BUILD2.showcasemtd Make sure it is Build 2
  11. your phone will reboot and take a while to do it. just wait. if it takes more than ten minutes go back to step 7
  12. after it boots wait for media to scan, set up, hold power select reboot>recovery
  13. after it boots MAKE SURE IT SAYS "CWM-based RECOVERY V5.5.0.5 and not "v4.x.x.x" if it does go back to step 7
  14. select install zip from sd> chose zip from sd> aokp_mesmerizemtd-ota-eng.bboym6-lp Make sure it is CWM Build 5 again
  15. select chose zip from sd> gapps-ics-20120429-signed
  16. chose zip from sd> gapps-ics-BlackedOut.v2
  17. go back after selecting yes to all of these and reboot system now
  18. after it boots if it asks to set up do so now, when done wait for a couple minutes. hold power and click reboot> recovery
  19. select install zip from sd> chose zip from sd> 404.Data.apps.v9

right now your mms wont work. phone and text should. if you are by wifi then go through setup if not skip until this is finished. To get mms working:

1. click menu> system settings> about phone> status and go down to MSID and remember or write down that number
  2. go to apps and select voice dialer and say "open apn's" click menu> reset to default. then back out. reboot phone. try again. if it doesn't work go to step 3
  3. go to apps and select voice dialer and say "open apn's" click menu> reset to default.
  4. select the only apn there and go to user name and put in yourmsid@uscc.net
  5. then go down to password and put ins yourmsid (replacing both of the yourmsid with the number i said to remember or write down)
  6. now hit menu then save, then hit home and and then hold down power reboot>reboot.

Your mms and internet should work now. if you skiped setup click on market and it should prompt you to sign in. this will sync your contacts and stuff

NOW IF YOU GOT STUCK IN A BOOT LOOP THEN YOU HAVE TO START ODIN.EXE right click and click run as administrator (FILE YOU DOWNLOADED)

pull your battery. plug in phone to computer and hold down

Click on pit and select the only pit file that shows up and then select pda and select the CI500_USCC_EH09_GB_REL.tar file and hit start. go back to the first step 1 (yep you have to start over. i did like 10 times until i figured this out)

Want fb sync?

flash this from recovery here after getting everything working. i dont know if it will work but it might. i cant test it. if it breaks everything try to go to step 7 if that dont work to fix any messups go to bootloop section

This forum keeps updated on Mesmerize Uscc Akop. You could follow this guide flash the most recent build here and the other 2 zips currently on here

Edited by zmedhaug

Really great write up. i am kind of rusty on my Mez. stuff but wanted ICS. This helps me alot.

I am going to update it today to 4.0.4 just found stable mod. Just need to sleep first lol

I will be letting my wife use the Mez. so let me know if some things don't work please.

My wife had been using build 37 of aokp for about the last month on her mesmerize and hasn't had any issues. Very stable and pretty quick.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

I will be letting my wife use the Mez. so let me know if some things don't work please.

i tested everything. everything worked. he complained about battery life but it was also his first day with it. he was probably staring at it for hours

Really great write up. i am kind of rusty on my Mez. stuff but wanted ICS. This helps me alot.

Awesome job. Thank you!

BTW i updated the Original Post and put a link up to a guy who keeps the mesmerize updated. like i said i dont have the phone or i would do it here also.

Awesome job. Thank you!

BTW i updated the Original Post and put a link up to a guy who keeps the mesmerize updated. like i said i dont have the phone or i would do it here also.

Data fix link is dead.

Thank you. I will give it a go.

Awesome job. Thank you!

Data fix link is dead.

I just updated every link and this worked for another member. when ever flashing to a new build i wouldnt factory reset. it seems to cause a bootloop.

So everything seems to be working except for screen rotation. I downloaded a g-sensor test and it senses rotation, but none of the screens seem to rotate.

I have the worst luck with mms. I can't get it working, followed this to a t. I did come across a couple issues when flashing, when you get to the gapps part it says to flash two different ones, gapps signed and blackout gapps. There's only a download link for blackout. Also I'm getting a force close in gmail. If someone can help with these issues I would really appreciate it. Really like the rom.

I have the worst luck with mms. I can't get it working, followed this to a t. I did come across a couple issues when flashing, when you get to the gapps part it says to flash two different ones, gapps signed and blackout gapps. There's only a download link for blackout. Also I'm getting a force close in gmail. If someone can help with these issues I would really appreciate it. Really like the rom.

Never mind, was able to send pic messages. The split 160 was throwing me off, got go sms going and every thing is perfect. Im loving this rom and dont think Ive ever been so satisfied with a rom before. I had awesome sauce but was having problems with it fully charging then dying while on the charger, and the battery status icon wasnt accurate at all. Badge I really appreciate your help along with everyone elses help on this site, yall are good people.

Glad you got it straightened out. I love my Mesmerize and I just can't let it go. Even after getting the GS3 I still go back and play with the Mez. alot. It's a cool phone.

I liked my desire better, still have it too. Im waiting to get my electrify back from repair, its been gone for a month now which is a little irritating. Im also having another issue with this rom, it does everything great except the internet. It seems to happen only with certain websites but the phone all of a sudden locks up, a bunch of lines start shooting across the screen as the image is jittering every where. Im hoping it was just a bad flash, getting ready to flash again and see.