HELP! Need to restore Aviator to Original State - Galaxy S Aviator Development - TeamUSCellular

Photo

HELP! Need to restore Aviator to Original State

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 upty617

upty617

New Here

• 5 posts
  • Device:Galaxy S Aviator

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

I rooted my Galaxy S Aviator about a montha ago and now it won't charge or connect to my computer via USB. I would like to restore it back to it's original state. I tried factory reset and that didn't work. I also tried to use superoneclick to unroot it and that didn't work. Tried to go through the root process and it just hangs when I try to flash it with odin. I don't care if it's rooted or not, I just want it to work. I can still make calls with it but the battery is nearly dead so...Can someone please help me?

#2 stephenj37826

stephenj37826

Kewl

• 106 posts
  • Device:samsung aviator

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:24 AM

Try a different cable first sounds like a charge jack problem.

#3 upty617

upty617

New Here

• 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

That makes sense. It was working fine when I went to sleep and when I woke up it was not working the way it should. I forgot to unplug it from the computer so it was plugged in all night. I am able to get it to downloader mode so it knows that it is plugged in, but I did try two different AC chargers and that didn't work either. Curiously, the battery went from dead to about 3/4 charged after I had it in downloader mode trying to flash FD02 last night. Not sure if that's a glitch or if something in the source code regarding the jack is awry. Since it started having issues, it goes into "Car Mode" any time I turn the phone on. Not sure why. Didn't even know there was car mode.

#4 upty617

upty617

New Here

• 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

No luck with a different cable. I ended up bringing it in to USC and they tried a new battery which also didn't work. I switched over to an HTC Hero S now, and am pretty impressed with it. Not going to give up on my Aviator, though. It will charge the battery if I put it in downloader mode, but anything I do with the phone will have to be on the phone itself or on the SD card. Any ideas?

#5 snodrog742

snodrog742

Seriously 2.0...

• 5,822 posts
  • Phone #:2706812326
  • Device:iPhone 5s
  • Google Talk:teamuscc2011@gmail.com
  • Google Plus:106781649499633521245

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

No luck with a different cable. I ended up bringing it in to USC and they tried a new battery which also didn't work. I switched over to an HTC Hero S now, and am pretty impressed with it. Not going to give up on my Aviator, though. It will charge the battery if I put it in downloader mode, but anything I do with the phone will have to be on the phone itself or on the SD card. Any ideas?

Does it register using ADB?

meblend3.jpg

#6 VIthe3rd

VIthe3rd

Amazing Person

• 405 posts
  • Device:SGS3

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

http://www.samsung.c.../SCH-R930DSAUSC

Download that... put the phone in down load mode and follow instructions... It is the official software update from Samsungs site.... It is an exe file so install it first.

#7 upty617

upty617

New Here

• 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

Does it register using ADB?

http://www.samsung.c.../SCH-R930DSAUSC

Download that... put the phone in down load mode and follow instructions... It is the official software update from Samsungs site.... It is an exe file so install it first.

ADB does not recognize it and the samsung fd02 loader doesn't do anything for me either. It says "Disconnected" when I get to the "Software Download" page of the Samsung installer.
I took it to the USC store here and they couldn't get it working, so I called Samsung and told them I tried to install their update and now I am having this problem. I am going to try a bit more to get it to work, but if not I'm going to just send it to Samsung.

1 2