RMarkwald

[HOW-TO] Setup/Use apktool

32 posts in this topic

I didn't install it like a normal apk.  I used root explorer to mount system, copied from my sd card and pasted it into the system/app folder, that rebooted the phone, then after it fully booted I went back and checked the permissions, changed the system back to read only and rebooted again. 

I will try what you suggested, though.  Thank you. 

I didn't install it like a normal apk.  I used root explorer to mount system, copied from my sd card and pasted it into the system/app folder, that rebooted the phone, then after it fully booted I went back and checked the permissions, changed the system back to read only and rebooted again. 

I will try what you suggested, though.  Thank you. 

Gotcha, my bad. Replacing the two files should do the trick.

-Sent from my US Cellular SGS3

grad likes this

@RMarkwald. Did as you prescribed and all is working well. The errors were still present as i posted above in compiling the Mms.apk in apktool after I updated my sdk.  After compiling the Mms.apk I switched out the Android_Manifest.xml and added the META-INF from the old Mms.apk to the new and pushed it to system/app, changed permissions and rebooted. I am good to go now. Thanks again for your help.

Excellent!

Don't worry about the warnings.  If there truly is a problem, it'll stop building and not output an apk file, and it'll tell you what happened.

Pretty cool stuff here, thanks for the basic walk through

WORD!

Have fun with this, it can get pretty crazy/hairy/annoying/fun/frustrating...all at once!

C-Money and RMarkwald like this