Galaxy S3 Reception Fix - What did USC tell YOU? - Trash Bin - TeamUSCellular

Photo

Galaxy S3 Reception Fix - What did USC tell YOU?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

#1 iRub1Out

iRub1Out

Dance Puppets, Dance!

• 13,270 posts
  • Device:S5

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

As of today, samsung has resolved the issue for those who have reception issues with their galaxy S3.

I called tech support again today, they informed me that Samsung will be replacing the devices for those who have filed tickets complaining about reception issues.

They did not confirm or deny that it was hardware related, however replacing the devices leads me to believe that it is a hardware issue rather than a software issue resulting in replacement being required to rectify the problem.

They informed me that anyone who filed a ticket would be getting a call before Monday October 1st. If you have filed a ticket and do not get a call this week, you are supposed to call in on Monday and they will immediately push your ticket for your replacement device.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

(Devices I've owned)

S5 - S4 - S3 - EM - E2 - E1 - Moto X - Nexus 4 - iPhone 5S

The importance of commas:
Let's eat, Grandpa!
vs.
Let's eat Grandpa!

#2 hawkeye16

hawkeye16

Hanging Around

• 44 posts
  • Device:Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

Interesting. Guess I will wait for the call. Thanks for the heads up.

#3 grad

grad

Almost The Best

• 885 posts
  • Device:Moto X
  • Google Talk:penickj

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

Does anyone know if the models of s3 in store or online are cleared of this reception issue? Considering buying one today.

Sent from my kingdom using Tapatalk 2

Samsung Galaxy S3, CM11 latest nightly, Lean kernel 9.3

Moto X, Locked Bootloader, Rooted and Write Protection Off, Stock Rom 4.4, Xposed Framework

#4 iRub1Out

iRub1Out

Dance Puppets, Dance!

• 13,270 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

As per US Cellular's technical support, they are convinced that none of the new models are being affected. It seems to have been a batch at or around the time of lunch. Both the 16Gig and 32Gig models were found to be troublesome, they had no information as to the cause.

So if you wanted to go and get 1 today, I would say you are more than definitely in the clear. They have been calling people all day, so if you've submitted a ticket, you'll get a call.

Edited by iRub1Out, 26 September 2012 - 11:48 AM.

(Devices I've owned)

Let's eat, Grandpa!
vs.
Let's eat Grandpa!

#5 woodardhsd

woodardhsd

Kewl

• 160 posts
  • Device:SCH-R530

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

Do we have to have actually submitted a "ticket" to have this addressed? I have called several times about it, and they always act like they have never heard of the problem before. No one has offered to write up a service ticket for me. Maybe it's time to get ugly with one of them? I hate that it has to come to this.

#6 grillhead

grillhead

Kewler Than Kewl

• 336 posts
  • Device:Sammy GS4

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

Do we have to have actually submitted a "ticket" to have this addressed? I have called several times about it, and they always act like they have never heard of the problem before. No one has offered to write up a service ticket for me. Maybe it's time to get ugly with one of them? I hate that it has to come to this.

I wonder this myself. Also, could the contact info be posted in this topic for those that wish to call?

#7 dhteleport

dhteleport

Hanging Around

• 30 posts
  • Device:Galaxy S3

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

I've been having problems inside home cannot call or recIeve and tower not that far away too. So filed today, 611 first then Tech support to file claim and get six digit claim number. she only asked what software ver. She said I should be hearing from either mfg or USCC. She said said she thought they should be hearing of a "fix" this week FWIW.

Sent from Here on my SGSIII

#8 bahoughton

bahoughton

Becoming Kewl

• 93 posts
  • Device:Electrify

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Is the replacement mailed or to be picked up in store?

#9 Shelby04861

Shelby04861

Pretty Darn Amazing

• 1,249 posts
  • Device:samsung galaxy s3
  • Google Talk:Matthew.Holloway365@gmail.com

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

Heads up. I just got off the phone with tech(and the other tech dept) and they both denied there was an official fix from us cellular. I am not sure where people are getting there information, but it would be posted up somewhere. Not trying to start anything but they keep denying there is a solution and I do have a ticket out in from earlier. I can&#39;t seem to find any written word or verbal word of a fix anywhere but here.<br /><br />If it&#39;s broken...beat it into submission until it works&#33;<br />

Edited by Shelby04861, 26 September 2012 - 02:23 PM.

If it's broken...beat it into submision until it works!

#10 zoodski

zoodski

Amazing Person

• 544 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

I didn't get anywhere with 611 either. I think its luck of the draw on who you speak with whether they know anything about the fix or not.

#11 jokout

jokout

Kewler Than Kewl

• 215 posts
  • Device:Galaxy S3,S4

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Hey RUB, now you know how I felt last week! Try to be the barer of good news and you get shot at! LOL! All I know is I got my new phone and it works!!!

Cheers!
we can learn much from wise words...
little from wise cracks...
and nothing from a wise ass!

#12 Shelby04861

Shelby04861

Pretty Darn Amazing

• 1,249 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Lol. Nobody was trying to run you guys down. We are just getting frustrated because they are giving us a different story when we call. They tell us that there isn't a solution yet , so we are left wondering what is "fact". Not saying either of you were told a lie or the truth, just that we don't know what to believe now.

If it's broken...beat it into submission until it works!

#13 zoodski

zoodski

Amazing Person

• 544 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

X2

I agree 100%

#14 iRub1Out

iRub1Out

Dance Puppets, Dance!

• 13,270 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

I submitted my ticket several weeks ago, can any of you guys who are not getting anywhere with customer service tell me whether you did or did not file a ticket?

My guess is that's why some people are getting the calls and some people are being told nothing about it. Whether you called in and complained or not is irrelevant if you made a ticket you will get a replacement, that's what this is about.

If you call tech support and they tell you there is no fix, tell them to put their supervisor on the phone. The bottom line is if they are telling you that there is no fix set in place then you are being lied to.

Simple as that.

(Devices I've owned)

Let's eat, Grandpa!
vs.
Let's eat Grandpa!

#15 iRub1Out

iRub1Out

Dance Puppets, Dance!

• 13,270 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

And if all I'm getting is negative feedback because the customer service agents you guys are talking to are ill informed about their product, that isn't my concern.

Now, I'm going to call to confirm again.

If I get the answer I got earlier, then you guys should be pissed.

(Devices I've owned)

Let's eat, Grandpa!
vs.
Let's eat Grandpa!

#16 gburkart

gburkart

Hanging Around

• 14 posts
  • Device:g s III

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

heres my two cents- i have just returned to us cellular 2 monthes ago and i got one of the "bad 32gb s 3's.i have been calling 611 and speaking to reps and techs since the second day,twice a week.same story every time( we apologize about the issues you're having but we can assure you a fix is coming soon).so when i saw this post today i called again.today i was told that since i have a device ticket in since sept, 7th i should be getting a call by oct 1st from either samsung or us cellular,most likely us cellular he said.i would be asked about the troubles and next dayed a new replacement phone overnighted to me.if this guy was just feeding me a line or not,i cannot say.but i was assured by him it would happen by oct 1st.that is the first deffinate date i have ever heard from any call.so....my fingers are crossed!

Edited by gburkart, 26 September 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#17 Shelby04861

Shelby04861

Pretty Darn Amazing

• 1,249 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

I am not going to call in again tonight but I will try talking to a supervisor next time I call(and I will). I do have a ticket. Been calling for over a month now. We will see. I am usually pretty nice on the phone, then I pry a little, if they don't tell me anything, I let it go until the next phone call.

#18 Shelby04861

Shelby04861

Pretty Darn Amazing

• 1,249 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

Oh. Almost forgot. I did send them an email a few minutes ago and will let you all know what the response is. I basically outlined the issue and how there was no support for us as customers,etc. As long as it is appropriate, I will try to post the reply email when I get the response. Thanks again for the tips iruboneout.

#19 iRub1Out

iRub1Out

Dance Puppets, Dance!

• 13,270 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

ALRIGHT

I called them again and spoke with 2 separate technical support individuals.

Got a consistent story! :O

The official word from US Cellular is that Samsung has NOT identified the cause of the problem, therefore there is no fix.

The time frame I was given by US Cellular being by October first, is absolutely untrue, they have not identify the source of the problem and they have absolutely no idea when the problem will be fixed.

I was misinformed by the US Cellular technician, and for this I sincerely apologize.

I was also informed that the issue with the reception on these phones is not isolated to a single batch. This time I was told that it was every single Galaxy S 3 that was released. So unless the technician I talk to this time was absolutely off his rocker, that means samsung will be replacing some 20,000,000 phones?
( I think this is misinformation also)

So here's the bombshell, are you ready for this?

U s cellular has stopped doing all warranty replacements for this phone, they will not allow exchanges in stores or over the phone, and until samsung reaches a resolution , they offer absolutely nothing (they offered me a flip phone).

I'm not even going to try and end this post on a positive note, I will simply leave it at that, take it as you will, understand it as you please, but understand that I was misled.

As for any helpful information, I have none. All they kept repeating was that samsung has not figured out the problem, they have no phones to replace mine, any phone that does replace mine will have the exact same problem, and they hope that I have a good evening.

Awesome customer service u s cellular.

• jpaulwaite and gburkart like this

(Devices I've owned)

Let's eat, Grandpa!
vs.
Let's eat Grandpa!

#20 hawkeye16

hawkeye16

Hanging Around

• 44 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

I just called in again. This is what they told me.

They said they are replacing them, starting Monday. I needed to call them back Monday with a trouble ticket number and that would get the ball rolling. Said I needed to call and ask for tech dept for warranty replacement on the S3.

Guess I will find out Monday.

1 2