Guest nohappydance

how to use electrify with another carrier

40 posts in this topic

And Google wasn't faster than Adam.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Did Google freeze for 3 hours?

No, sir.

I was reading the whole document.

The Library of Congress does not have any authority to pass laws, and they in no way made unlocking phones illegal.

The many media stories that reported otherwise missed the distinction we need to catch.

What the Library of Congress is permitted to do, under the DMCA, is to make exemptions to the DMCA, and to end exemptions previously made.

That's what the LOC did here. Unlocking was previously exempted and the LOC closed the exemption. Critically, that does not mean that unlocking is now illegal. That determination would be up to a judge interpreting the DMCA and would never be made unless the government decided to prosecute someone for that, an unlikely proposition.

The LOC's action was still unfortunate (and misguided, in my view), but the effect is quite different than what is being reported.

I don't think the phone manufacturer, the one who should care about copyright and patents, cares on which network the phone is on after the sale is made.

BoгИX likes this

Nice research! And thanks for that, sounds like a lot of reading and is an answer to a question many people will undoubtedly have.

Personally I prefer to simply glance over a shady article or two and believe it as God's honest truth. So again, thanks for getting this info.

:P

Sent from my SCH-R530U

Edited by bornx

Personally I prefer to simply glance over a shady article or two and believe it as God's honest truth. So again, thanks for getting this info.

:P

Sent from my SCH-R530U

He is also a french model! I read it on the internet....Lol!

iRub1Out, Kimber45 and BoгИX like this

Sorry, double post on accident

Sent from my SCH-R530U

Edited by bornx

Sent from my SCH-R530U

I can believe that I guess. I did actually just read it.

lol

Sent from my SCH-R530U

Shelby04861 likes this

Unlocking is now tricky. My company has hard their lawyers on it. The knly major us carrier allowing it is ntelos. Good luck getting anyone else to give consent. Though their are a few Technical loopholes.

Carriers want you to stay w them. Period. Keeping the devices on their own network aids that effort. As far As to the Unlocking. Id have to do more research. Ill ask sometime at work this week. Not wanting to be mean mr rubber. Just dealing w usc recently as a returning customer since they now have unlimited 4g. And they have already pissed me off enough to cancel. But anyways. I work on devices daily from all carriers. Most tasks that are deemed impossible are handed to me. Feel free to ask questions but if the answers are easily available via Google pleasee dont ask me .. reresearch is key

Not stating liopholes on a usc site. Sorry. Lets just say usc lte devices arent Technically locked yet. Even though they claim they are. Me personally, ive just been using my other devices on usc w my sim love my droid dna.

This site isn't affiliated with usc in any way.

None of the staff or owner are employees of USC. Myself included.

This site isn't affiliated with usc in any way.

None of the staff or owner are employees of USC. Myself included.

I've stated this multiple times. Apparently Mr. Orion doesn't understand that clearly.

But it's so much trouble to go through, trying to use USCC phones with other carriers.  Plus the legality issue.  Idk if I would do it.  Besides, a lot of other carriers have really cool phones (sometimes cooler than uscc's).

it's easy and legal given the phone is bought before the date mention above. Prepaid carriers don't always have good phone and or people don't want to have to buy new phones when they switch. In the end... it's all a breeze.