Jab73180

First impressions

so what are your first impressions of this bad boy. i think its gonna be a power house. there are only 2 things i wish it had. 1. 2 gb ram 2. removable battery. but lte is gonna be so awesome.

-Jason

Edited by Jab73180

Played with one at Verizon today since it's launching with USCC 11/9. It felt just as quick as the S3, slightly more lag than the Note 2. The size of it is perfect and the build quality feels top notch. Did notice the screen quality seemed better than the E2 but that's not saying much, the M seems about the same resolution as the One V.

No, the RAZR M is a RAZR body, electrify M has a slightly more full body.

Just look on uscs site and vzws site, they're similar but not the same.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

No, the RAZR M is a RAZR body, electrify M has a slightly more full body.

Just look on uscs site and vzws site, they're similar but not the same.

So (and this is a stupid question) - Existing RAZR accessories, OtterBox cases, etc., won't be compatible?

Correct. It's a different format factor. It's like the razr m, but not a mirror image.

The body is different.

Not a stupid question, that's a very good question, the similar names may confuse a lot of people.

Edited by iRub1Out

Like every thing i read bout this phone. Glad we are getting a 4 g phone that is not samsung. Are the features and hardware inside the same is razr m at verision?

Darn..... That will be the deal breaker for me. My line of work can be slightly "abusive" on phones. Without the ability to get "good" cases, I'll just hang on to my good old E1.

Darn..... That will be the deal breaker for me. My line of work can be slightly "abusive" on phones. Without the ability to get "good" cases, I'll just hang on to my good old E1.

I sent Otterbox an email, so we'll see what they say about them making a case for it. I would think they would make one for it.

Actually, I just looked. I think THINK the Electrify M is the same form factor as the Droid Razr maxx hd...

I'll have to dig a little more, but I'm pretty sure they're the same. They look the same as far as the shape/layout and the back isn't the same as a normal razr m... So, I think those two are more alike.

Edited by iRub1Out

Yeah or you can order it online on the 8th, right?

That's right. Online on the 8th in stores the 9th

So who the heck is going to make accessories for this phone? All the other USCC phones had a variant on another carrier that helped with accessory availability didn't they? Glad I saw this before buying a RAZR M case and screen protector.

By the dimensions I posted the Razr M accessories might work. There is only a .5mm difference in sizes. The charger port,volume,card door and on/off buttons appear to be in the same location.The only issue might be the camera cutout.

Edited by Ace3166

Actually, I just looked. I think THINK the Electrify M is the same form factor as the Droid Razr maxx hd...

Uh..... RAZR Maxx HD has a 4.7" screen vs Electrify M 4.3" - That and the general shapes are different

Crap...

Maybe the electrify M will be its own shape, size, nothing like anything else out there. If it is then accessories for it might be a little late to the party.

Either way the smartest move right now is no move at all. Just wait till it comes out and then see what can and cannot be done

Crap...

Maybe the electrify M will be its own shape, size, nothing like anything else out there. If it is then accessories for it might be a little late to the party.

Either way the smartest move right now is no move at all. Just wait till it comes out and then see what can and cannot be done

Went to the store to see the N2, and also checked out the E2 (do you remember the movie T2?) Sorry about that lol couldn't resist.

Anyways, my point was to get a feel for the 4.3 display because that is the Electrify M and I'm sorry but I changed my mind. If it was 4.5, then yes and I think that is my limit now. 4.5 and up. Looks like a promising phone because I do want a different brand but I will stick with S3. Will be fun reading about the EM tho.

Edited by simple _1

So, now my decision comes down to whether I want to buy it at Walmart to get an instant rebate, but play a $30 activation fee; or buy online to avoid the activation fee but have to pay $199 up front with the mail-in rebate but then perhaps be able to get a credit if the rebate goes instant for BF. Decisions, decisions.