snodrog742

Stock ODIN File - LJ1 & LL1 & MB1 & ME2 & MK3 & NE2

99 posts in this topic

So I have downloaded the file and extracted. When I load it into the pda portion of odin it just hangs when I click start. Any suggestions?

Did you (or anyone else) ever get this to work? it hangs forever trying to check the md5, and if you tell it not to, it just restarts the phone.

Yeah it works for me, it does take awhile to check the md5, but after that its ready.

jah likes this

ok, I see what's going on. I was using the toolkit to extract the zip, so I didn't notice the file was corrupt (the .tar came out empty) until I extracted with 7zip. So now I redownloaded the file and it extracted properly. Looks like it's working correctly now.

Get it here

ALL1

Can you slap this into the download section please?  Link is dead.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="snodrog742" data-cid="40983" data-time="1351978163"><p>

Note 2 Stock ODIN files now available!<br />

<br />

LJ1 - <a href='http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/files/file/117-stock-odin/'>http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/files/file/117-stock-odin/</a><br />

LL1 - <a href='http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/files/file/153-stock-odin/'>http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/files/file/153-stock-odin/</a></p></blockquote>

Which one of these do I need to return to unrooted bone stock? Is there a difference? I am assuming there is. Thanks

you can take either. but all1 is what is the latest update. make sure to reset the counter with triangle away! counter should say 0 in download mode.

I also get a corrupt download everytime I download one of these. I tried 6 or 7 times now, the mirror link is almost done...

Anyone have the latest update on a mirror so I can get it?

EDIT:

I tried everything to get this to download right. Different computers, new coaxial from the wall to modem, new cat5, new cat6, resetting bios, yadayada...  NO LUCK

I downloaded it using a "Download Manager" i got from download.com (cnet)...  bam. first time.  w t f.

Edited by apristel

Thanks , there is nothing better than having the full bloated glory as a backup , just in case ;)

noob question as I wasn't able to find this anywhere else...

What is the difference between LJ1, LL1, MB1 and ALL1? Which would I want to use to flash back to stock?

I flashed Paranoid Android last week, which seems to have killed my 4G really hurt my 3G reception too, even after flashing back to JellyBomb. I'm basically on 3G wherever I was on 4G and 1X a lot of the time, too. I thought I caught that ODIN-ing back to stock and then reflashing a stock-based ROM will take care of those reception issues, but I don't know where I saw that to confirm. Can anyone give me a yea or nay on that?

I had to reflash stock rom and and then do a factory reset from within the phone settings menu, not from the recovery, to get my 4G back up and running

Zebulon likes this

One more noobish question... I've used ODIN before, but I've never used a zip file with ODIN. Does the file extension need to be changed to .tar or anything to use these files, since they're zips?

Everything should be zipped inside. Pull everything out and flash via odin. Should be a tar fike

Sent via SCH-R970 S4 /w "x" rom

Sorry, just wanted to be sure but ME2 is the most recent official USCC update? I'm going to be taking my Note 2 in to a tech yo check out my GPS and I need to flash back to stock. Thank you in advance!

Edited by -chilango-

ME2 is the "latest and greatest". Do a full restore, and I would also suggest backing up your internal storage and wiping it, as the device will still show as modified if it detects any root-related files (IIRC). 

good luck! 

EDIT: oh yeah, and don't forget to reset your flash counter before you flash back to stock! (Triangle Away works great!)

Edited by bru_1

Thanks! A thought came to mind, though. Using Triangle Away before and then flashing stock won't count that as a mod again? I'm just curious if it doesn't as to why it doesn't.

flashing samsung official firmware (such as stock roms and updates) will never increment your flash counter. :)