Sign in to follow this  
pistolpetefan23

Device switch

I've done many device switches on BlackBerry, and it was a very simple process via Desktop Manager. I moved to an Electrify 3 months ago and obviously had to set everything up anew. My new M will be here on Tuesday, so my question is, what is the best process and recommendations to make the device switch as easy and successful as possible?

I assume when I login with my Google account and go to the Play Store, all my apps will be there, but I have to install them one by one? Is there an easier to way to mass install them, or backup and install en masse? I am not rooted and never have, plus pretty sure I have a locked bootloader anyway. Can I still use Titanium Backup for any part fo the setup process or does that only work with root?

Any help from veteran Android users is appreciated. Thanks!

Titanium Backup only works with root. But like he said, you can download them manually. It's not bad at all, especially if you have a WiFi connection.

If you can root your current phone then buy TIBU, make a backup of your apps, then move the sdcard to your new phone and re download tibi and restore your apps, that's what I did to go from my Dx to sg3. You could also transfer your backup to a pc then to your new phone. Easy as that.

Ridin the Mystic jellybean unicorn on SG3

Edited by Clothednblack

When you sync your Google account, and as long as you had set your previous phone to back-up your account, it will download many of your apps from the Play store automatically.  I just bought mine tonight, synced it with my Gmail account, and I'd say over 1/2 of my apps were restored.  

Coming from ICS to ICS most will restore.

Coming from GB to ICS, less will restore but still quite a few