Hurk

Electrify M Root - ICS

So to clarify, one can root the phone without unlocking the bootloader? Also, does rooting effect the warranty status? I've read previously that there is a root number that will show in the phone, but also that the root number can be changed?

Yeah it voids the warranty, BUT when the dev work starts to kick off there should be a way to reset that counter. Similar to triangle away, hopefully.

Witchcraft happens, counter is 0, and magically your device has no bloatware. Lol

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

This doesn't work after the OTA update - the one that fixes the *228 issue. So, no root.

yah i have tried several times too with no luck

Someone needs to post on XDA to the link in the first post about it not working after the OTA update. I would if I had the permission but I don't sadly...would like to have root on this phone... could be fun..bwahaha

This doesn't work after the OTA update - the one that fixes the *228 issue. So, no root.

Just to clarify.  Where you able to keep root if you did it BEFORE the update?  Or did the update fix "things" and kill your existing root?

After I did a little "Google-Fu", I came across this: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Root-comes-to-the-Motorola-DROID-RAZR-HD-RAZR-M-and-Atrix-HD_id35615/comments/page/2

Specifically this part:

"I waited till after the OTA and motofail2go simply didn't work for me. Did those of you who had success do anything besides run the BAT file? This is frustrating as hell...feel like dumping this phone for something I can root."

"i found that replacing the Superuser.apk and the su files did the trick for me after i was having trouble with it. just download the "Rootzipfile" from the "Installing a recovery and rooting your Dev Razr-M" article on aosp.us and replace the "Superuser.apk" and the "su" files that's in the folder you're running the script from with the duplicates in the zip file you downloaded."

Any thoughts....

I've tried everything mentioned at the XDA site to unlock my Electrify M.

I applied the OTA update accidentally the day I got the phone home from the store, and never even had a chance to root it.

Unlocked the bootloader, and still can't get it to root using the other SU and Superuser.apk files or any method mentioned at the XDA thread.

Hoping someone figures out a way to root it soon... But I don't know how much effort would be put into it just for US Cellular phones.

*sigh*

-J

This is for ICS.  I can't seem to find anything that works after the Jelly Bean update.  Anyone? Bueller? 

This is for ICS.  I can't seem to find anything that works after the Jelly Bean update.  Anyone? Bueller? 

I haven't got my "M" yet, but the website lists it as having ICS

Haven't seen anything new yet, but so far I have to say I haven't even missed root access.  Phone has been great so far without it.  Except the Facebook 'cr-app' which I despise anyway lol

After doing a little research, it seems the "devs" over at XDA keep saying "do a factory reset". While I'm not quite sure on the benefit of doing that, I may try it this weekend.

Thats not the case for us after the us cellular OTA update. I've tried numerous times now, with no success.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Well guys, believe I've made a step in the right direction. I've got cwm 6.0.1.4 flashed and am making backup now, gonna try and stock root it. If anyone knows the best way to stock root a ROM, plz let me know otherwise i'll be doing some research.

Haven't seen anything new yet, but so far I have to say I haven't even missed root access.  Phone has been great so far without it.  Except the Facebook 'cr-app' which I despise anyway lol
I'm with you on this. The phone works great. I can wait till they figure out a bug free way to root, or for the 4.1 update so they can figure it out again. lol

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Well i did it guys got root. Gonna write up a tutorial, attach files and you all will be able to f up your devices. LOL, jk. Let me know of any problems