Sign in to follow this  
na7q

[MOD][ROOT] Add On-Screen Navigation Bar

You'll need a root file browser for this mod. Root Explorer, Root Browser and others will work fine.

Navigate to /system using the root file browser of your choice. Mount the system in R/W mode. Open the build.prop file in a text editor and add the following line at the end of the it. Reboot and enjoy!

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Edited by na7q

i recommend using root explorer or some other root file browser with a text editor to do the job. i don't think file manager has root or can even edit text.

Is there any way to theme this mod to look like the nexus soft keys? Or at least get the back button on the left side of the screen followed by the home key then recent apps (and then I assume the hidden menu key)? <br />

<br />

I was gonna try to flip the keys myself but it's been years since I've decompiled anything and I've only ever done it a couple times at that. I decompiled the system ui and went to res/layout/navigation_bar.xml and changed the layout to flip the order of the buttons but for some reason I can't recompile the system ui. I'm not even sure if this is what needs to be done but I got an extra note 2 laying around with a bad charging port so figured I'd chance it. <br />

<br />

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk<br />

<br />

If you're doing this on 4.3 touchwiz. It's very difficult to actually get it to compile. There are probably plenty of mods on XDA. I haven't messed with those much in a long time so not sure what png's it would be.

Not so much worried about the look, that would just be a bonus. Should this work to reverse the layout and if so how would I go about getting it to compile? It's the stock 4.3 deodexed but I'm still on the me2 bootloader. I'm trying to learn but I really have no clue on this. <br />

<br />

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk<br />

<br />

Well when I last tried to compile it gave me like a million errors. Only way to recompile was to fix it. It could work to recompile the file in another apk? But not sure if that would work.