Liquid Smooth JB v2.0 RC7 - Galaxy S III ROMs/Kernels/Mods - 4.1.x JB - TeamUSCellular

Photo

Liquid Smooth JB v2.0 RC7

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 WoundTight

WoundTight

Pretty Darn Amazing

• 1,219 posts
  • Device:Galaxy S3 - Note 2

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Ok I took a little more time and ported this correctly. I know we soon will have RC8, I did this so the Liquid fans can have a properly working ROM until then.
I ported this from the d2vzw version yes it can be done but a lot harder then my old Mesmerize was.

As I stated before I take no credit for these guys hard work all I did is port it to the USCC phone.

Download:
http://d-h.st/2XZ

this is the proper gapps for this build:
http://d-h.st/npR

If you haven't already tried Liquid Smooth out give it a shot it's a real nice ROM.

Edited by WoundTight, 20 November 2012 - 08:21 PM.

• Nioz, Kimber45, swear0730 and 2 others like this

#2 HikingMoose

HikingMoose

Seriously 2.0...

• 5,074 posts
  • Device:Note 3 + S4

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

Thanks a million WoundTight. Have you tried it and confirmed that most everything works? I hope it is as good as your other port (which was awesome) that only had the sms notifcation issue.
What's that bulge in my pocket? It's my Note 3 (and S4 and S3).

#3 WoundTight

WoundTight

Pretty Darn Amazing

• 1,219 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Yeah it's fixed now and no need to flash the kernel separately. You do need to use the gapps that is provided for this build.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Stay thirsty my friends.

#4 arbliss

arbliss

Kewler Than Kewl

• 269 posts
  • Phone #:5157293238
  • Device:Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Thanks so much wound tight! Great work!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

#5 robert_ruen

robert_ruen

New Here

• 7 posts
  • Device:SCH-R530U

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Is it still only ENG can choose in language option?Hope more languages will be supported...

#6 HikingMoose

HikingMoose

Seriously 2.0...

• 5,074 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Been running it since last night. So far its great. THIS is why people like LiquidSmooth. So anyone complaining about RC8 not working, or saying they've never used it. Try RC5, OR this RC7 port.

#7 HikingMoose

HikingMoose

Seriously 2.0...

• 5,074 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

So I ran it for 24 hours. It is pretty nice. I had about 4-5 hours of screen on time (not sure of the actual total because I accidentally formatted data while at work and multi-tasking). And 4-5 hours of playing music with the screen off, and I just plugged it in at 3%. That is after the initial flash. Once it settles in I will know more. Not sure if the camera works, I have two camera's I use, and they are currently not working, but I will try again after a reboot.

#8 satellitetech

satellitetech

New Here

• 4 posts
  • Device:SGS3

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

likin this rom alot runs liquid smooth ;)

Edited by satellitetech, 21 November 2012 - 06:58 AM.

#9 Kimber45

Kimber45

Kewler Than Kewl

• 303 posts
  • Device:Samsung S3 Note 2 S4

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

All I can say is wow!! Thanks so much woundtight and liquidsmooth this ROM is perfect. Only ROM my phone has seen except for jp's awesomeness. Can't find anything not working and can't wait for RC8!!

Sent from my SCH-R350U using Tapatalk 2

#10 satellitetech

satellitetech

New Here

• 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

so been runnin this for 3 days and after i got everything set up how i like it seems fully functional...

cameras(front facing seems to flip the image after u snap pic? i dont remember if it allways did that)
tethering/hotspot (working now woot! i dont pay for it...Stickin it to the man Nice!!)
calls/texts(great sound quality in call)
emails(i use an exchange email for work no issues)
gps(working)
4g(ive noticed a steady 10-15dbm increase of signal strength over the stock it came with NICE!)
Lockscreen(flawless love it shortcuts fully loaded sooo sweeeet)
all my fav aps(have yet to have an app freeze, force close, fail to load..Solid!)
all is good very pleased

cant seem to get the battery icon to change color tho nor the toggles only the text for the toggles coudnt get the signal nor the wifi to change color till i switched to % and dbm if switch back to icons they revert back to that default blue

lookin back over all the phones ive owned and ROM'd this ROM has been hands down the best ROM ive ever worked with

Big Thanks to WoundTight and LiquidSmooth Team for all your hard work

cant wait for future RC's

Cheers!!

#11 Holden45

Holden45

Kewler Than Kewl

• 316 posts
  • Device:Galaxy S3

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

so been runnin this for 3 days and after i got everything set up how i like it seems fully functional...

cameras(front facing seems to flip the image after u snap pic? i dont remember if it allways did that)
tethering/hotspot (working now woot! i dont pay for it...Stickin it to the man Nice!!)
gps(working)
4g(ive noticed a steady 10-15dbm increase of signal strength over the stock it came with NICE!)
all my fav aps(have yet to have an app freeze, force close, fail to load..Solid!)
all is good very pleased

cant seem to get the battery icon to change color tho nor the toggles only the text for the toggles coudnt get the signal nor the wifi to change color till i switched to % and dbm if switch back to icons they revert back to that default blue

lookin back over all the phones ive owned and ROM'd this ROM has been hands down the best ROM ive ever worked with

Cheers!!

Interesting I find on my phone aosp roms like liquid and cm seem worse signal wise and like to kick into roaming where stock has a way more stable 3g connection and 4g.

#12 BoгИX

BoгИX

Amazing... Enough Said

• 2,975 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

OK, so I have a question that may reveal my true noobness. I've tried CM10, AOKP, PA, Eclipse, and LiquidSmooth. What are the real differences? Leaving PA out of this, I don't see much of a difference besides a few settings and stylistic nuances. Can anyone explain to me the behind-the-scenes advantages/disadvantages between them? I'm not trying to start a "which is the best ROM" debate, I just would like to know what is different about my device when I reflash and then reconfigure, and to know that it'll be worth it.

Albeit, I have had no real problems with any of the ROMs as far as apps FCing, call echo, signal loss, or even screen flicker. Mostly I just want the bottom mic to work properly (since they're all CM based, I understand this can't happen yet), but the top mic works fine. Thanks WoundTight for porting these for us. Do you have any insight on this? I've been extremely curious ever since I went AOKP to Eclipse to LiquidSmooth over the past couple of days.

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly appreciate having all these awesome ROMs to play with, but I am just wondering how they differ functionally. And I'm too busy (or is it lazy?) to learn the code that goes into being able to read, let alone write, an Android ROM.

Edited by bornx, 23 November 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#13 Nioz

Nioz

Kewler Than Kewl

• 352 posts
  • Device:GS4

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

Basically they are all based on CM10 or built from source, and then modded however they want. Some functionality is gained like the ability to add wallpaper to notifications, etc. that other roms won't have. Most will adopt and cherry pick other roms mods.

You are correct in thinking they are all very very similar, but it comes down to the code. Each one will have different tweaks to the code or init.d tweaks built in. Custom kernels also get baked into certian custom roms.

Basically all the ROMS are gonna look the same just have tweaks implemented in the settings differently.

#14 WoundTight

WoundTight

Pretty Darn Amazing

• 1,219 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

I agree, another thing to consider too are differences in these phones. For example before getting my sgs3 my wife and I both had Mesmerize phones. I flashed the heck out of both of them. Mine just always work, my wifes was temperamental. I could over clock mine hers I couldn't. We could have the same ROM hers may crash after a coupe days mine wouldn't. This to me explains how someone may have issues with a ROM that no one else is having. Where I am going with this is what works great on your phone may not on another.

I do agree Liquid Smooth is a very nice ROM.

#15 phalkon30

phalkon30

Amazing Person

• 455 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

gps(working)
all is good very pleased

Cheers!!

I'm running stock, it flips the image after taking a picture with the front facing camera.

#16 satellitetech

satellitetech

New Here

• 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

I'm running stock, it flips the image after taking a picture with the front facing camera.

cewl i figured as much didnt play with stock all that long i rooted and rom'd like the next day after purchase ;)

#17 satellitetech

satellitetech

New Here

• 4 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

so it seems LS is back to releasing for d2usc i tried there RC8 this morning found here http://forum.xda-dev...93865&nocache=1 and instantly on boot had the toolkit popup issue and random reboots along with long loads on boot as well it was just plain fubar rewiped all reflashed same issues went back to my backup of this RC7 port...this is quote from a dev post from above link "Yes, this is the USC version. We dropped support for it on the RC5 build, and USC users really missed us, so we're back." well if back u mean slapped together a non functional piece of crap then yes is appears LS has started to support d2usc but wow it was terribad compared to this port...

WoundTight u think u ganna try to port there RC8 d2vzw version? i would love to try it...not there is anything wrong with the RC7 port

#18 phince1

phince1

Pretty Darn Amazing

• 1,533 posts
  • Device:SGS5
  • Google Talk:phince1

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

well if back u mean slapped together a non functional piece of crap

<Facepalm>

#19 WoundTight

WoundTight

Pretty Darn Amazing

• 1,219 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

I understand your being frustrated but we have to be patient because I don't think 9 is officially released.
I honestly think team Liquid will come through for us we need to help them with bug reports and logcats.
I will look at it when I get off work. Maybe I can figure out what's broken. If not I should be able to port the vzw build.

Stay thirsty my friends!

#20 Nioz

Nioz

Kewler Than Kewl

• 352 posts
  • Device:GS4

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

well if back u mean slapped together a non functional piece of crap then yes is appears LS has started to support d2usc but wow it was terribad compared to this port...

What a great way to keep these un paid hard working devs motivated to support our device....They acknowledged their problems and even said d2usc was the hardest hit.

1 2