snodrog742

Motorola Electrify M Stock Firmware (Unlockable)

I am experiencing some issues with the flash. I was running the current USCC ROM (9.8.2Q-50_SLS-13) when attempting to flash back to the stock ROM. The flash failed at the first step. I then decided to flash back "in steps", so I used the first JB ROM provided (9.8.2Q-50_SLS-7), which flashed successfully. I then attempted the stock flash again. Again, it failed on step one. The RSD displays "Failed flashing process. 1/22 flash partition "partition_signed" -> Phone returned FAIL". The phone itself displays "downgraded security version" "update gpt_main version failed" "preflash validation failed for CPT". I'm not a novice at flashing devices with the RSD, but I have never experienced anything like this. Any suggestions?

--N

I've read this entire thread and need a little clarification.

Can I use rsd to relock or do I need to fast boot?

If fast boot, then what are the commands?

I'm getting rid of this phone and am going to relock it.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if you can "relock" but this software will put it back to stock entirely

Yeah. Found out you can't relock once you've went through Motorola's unlocked dance. Oh well....no biggie.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

please bare with me I am a inexperienced as far as android goes and flashing files. at the very beginning there was a rsd lite file to download and a JB to download , do you have to flash both or are the same .I am running JB 4.1.2 version 98.22.14 xt901 USC en US. Also i know by reading once a phone is unlocked you can not officially lock it again but will that command line " fastboot oem lock" at least get rid of the unlock bootloader message when you turn on your phone. I have my phone backed up but it is also the only one i have so i proceed with caution

I am also unclear how to flash the RSD liote file where it is a rar file i tried to find the flash/flex/mosterpack but can not find a download for it  and which file do I flash first

Edited by Billc47

RSD Lite is a program you launch/install on your computer.  The other file you unzip and then place inside RSD Lite by unzipping the zip and clicking Browse in the program, locate the xml file, then Start.  I do believe you have to correct some lines which are listed in the first post.

I want to thank those who have posted for pointing me in the right direction and to share my experience to help others.

I was assisting a friend with her unrooted, locked xt901 with stock JellyBean - I don't know exactly what version, but assuming latest pushed by US Cellular. For whatever reason, it was stuck at the Motorola 'M' booting logo. Rebooting and attempting factory reset and/or recovery failed, so I turned to reflashing the ROM which led me here.

Here are the steps that led to failure:

[1] Download motorola drivers for Windows. https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/utils/guided_assistant/g_id/1896/p/30,6720,8592

[2] Download RSD Lite 6.1.4 from here http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/files/file/165-rsd-lite/

[3] Download Stock JB ROM from here http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/files/file/163-jb-stock-files/

[4] Boot phone into fastboot.

[5] Start RSD Lite.

[6] Connect phone via USB 2.0.

[7] Verify that the phone shows up in one of the listed ports in the RSD Lite gui. Mine showed up in port one, regardless of the physical USB port used. Interestingly, 'Show Device' showed nothing but N/A, but that ends up not mattering for my usage.

[8] Unzip the ROM from step [3] and modify the XML by removing the two lines that contain "<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />". Save XML file.

[9] Using RSD Lite, browse to the path of the modified XML file.

[10] Click 'Start'.

**Note** Step 10 never finishes. It will either hang on a step or the step will fail and the phone returns FAIL.

Steps to troubleshoot failure and resolution:

[1] Tinker with XML file to no avail. Skipping failed steps by deleting their line does not help.

[2] Redownloading drivers/RSD Lite/ROM did not help and had the same checksum as the previous downloads.

[3] USB 3.0 vs 2.0, and different USB cables did not help.

[4] Investigating the issue using a program called fastboot.exe from command-line (not necessary for you to do) did help. It revealed to me that the battery of the phone drained enough that it wouldn't let it perform flashes any more. I charged the phone up to full.

[5] With a fully charged phone, I attempted the same approach with RSD Lite and the ROM from here. It would still hang on one of the middle steps before completing.

[6] I attempted the steps listed in the XML with fastboot.exe and it returned errors that are at least helpful (compared to RSD Lite, which is really just an XML driven version of fastboot.exe). It returned an error saying that file I was attempting to flash to the phone has "Invalid sparse file format at header magi". In short - probably a bad file.

[7] There is no md5 on the download here, so I looked to another ROM source.

[8] Found a ROM with an md5 here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=18 this is what finally resolved my issue. The JB ROM here is corrupt, or at least is repeatedly corrupted in the same way each time I download/extract it.

Successful steps from start to finish:

[0] Charge and keep your phone above 80% battery level.

[1] Download motorola drivers for Windows. https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/utils/guided_assistant/g_id/1896/p/30,6720,8592

[2] Download RSD Lite 6.1.4 from here http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/files/file/165-rsd-lite/

[3] Download Stock JB ROM from here http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=18 and verify the md5 matches.

[4] Boot phone into fastboot.

[5] Start RSD Lite.

[6] Connect phone via USB 2.0 or 3.0. My testing showed no difference with Win 8.1 and generic Microsoft USB 3.0 drivers.

[7] Verify that the phone shows up in one of the listed ports in the RSD Lite gui. Mine showed up in port one, regardless of the physical USB port used. Interestingly, 'Show Device' showed nothing but N/A, but that ends up not mattering for my usage.

[8] Unzip the ROM from step [3] and modify the XML by removing the two lines that contain "<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />". Save XML file.

[9] Using RSD Lite, browse to the path of the modified XML file.

[10] Click 'Start'.

[11] Allow RSD Lite to complete the steps - note that flashing "system" will take the longest as it is 600+MB. Phone will reboot automatically.

Hope that helps someone.

Edited by kileywm

Hey Snod..,

I have Paranoid android 4.6-Beta 2 on my M and the signal and WIFI are kinda screwed up.  Not really sure where I left this at, but it's unlocked BL and rooted.  Will this rom (KitKat) just load through TWRP recovery?  Do I need a special version to "Come From" for this to work correctly?  Thanks for your help.

KitKat added

The kitkat rom that is posted here is locked. I am currently working on unlocking it and ill get it back to you guys ASAP

KitKat added

Hi I can't seem to find the link to the KitKat rom?  I need to reflash it onto my phone, running SlimKat right now and predictably the signals are all messed up.  Am I just missing the link?

Edited by Fortin_Bellows

KitKat added

Hi I can't seem to find the link to the KitKat rom?  I need to reflash it onto my phone, running SlimKat right now and predictably the signals are all messed up.  Am I just missing the link?

Sorry.  It was removed as it required a password we couldn't get

KitKat added

Sorry.  It was removed as it required a password we couldn't get

Edit: nevermind, I found the filename.

Edited by Fortin_Bellows

Does anyone know where I can get a KitKat rom? I'm trying to root the phone, but I'm having issus with installing clockwork recovery. The posts I've seen on the issue say that I need to reflash the stock rom, but I'd rather not have to go back to Jellybean just to get root.

Okay. Does anyone know where I can get the stock KK firmware that was mentioned in previous posts prior to its removal?