samt3

Root?

10 posts in this topic

I know there isnt a root for this phone yet but my question is what is the odds that a root will be made for this phone at some point? And if so on average how long does a root take to come out for a phone? I know the more popular the phone the faster the root method is put together..... And from what i can tell as much as i fell in love with this phone it doesnt seem very popular.

This is very similar to the international version of this device the LG Optimus L5 or L7.  Root methods for these should work on this device as well.  I am not familiar with LG much so I cannot tell you any offhand.  Just don't try any roms for those devices.

DON'T TOUCH THE DEVICE OR UNPLUG WHILE ROOTING!

PUSH FILES

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

failed to copy 'busybox' to '/data/local/busybox': Permission denied

failed to copy 'su' to '/data/local/su': Permission denied

failed to copy 'Superuser.apk' to '/data/local/Superuser.apk': Permission denied

Unable to chmod /data/local/busybox: No such file or directory

Unable to chmod /data/local/su: No such file or directory

Unable to chmod /data/local/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory

failed on '/data/local/tmp' - Permission denied

link failed File exists

mount: Operation not permitted

mount: Operation not permitted

/system/bin/sh: cannot create /system/xbin/busybox: Read-only file system

Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory

/system/bin/sh: /system/xbin/busybox: not found

/system/bin/sh: busybox: not found

/system/bin/sh: busybox: not found

Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory

Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory

Unable to chmod /system/app/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory

rm failed for /data/local.prop, No such file or directory

rm failed for /data/local/tmp, Permission denied

failed on '/data/local/tmp.bak' - No such file or directory

REBOOT

Edit: by some miracle i got root. I used the method that required installing IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk first. I keeped getting a pop up every 2 seconds saying that the systembackuptest crashed or what ever after i restarted it. Then i just went ahead ran the root.bat in the one that was provided above and the first three steps where successful then after that everything failed. but i went ahead and tried using romtool box lite and this time around superuser actually responded and asked permission. I accepted and the only thing i did so far was uninstall daily perks and ITS GONE!!! So just after putting a few random steps together in a total experiment and having a few failed attempts i succeeded without out bricking the phone. I dont know if its a full root cause i know there is such thing as a partial root. I know that because thats what i had on my old phone when development first started on it before they perfected it. And being as alot of steps failed after the first 3 i cant help but think it is a partial root of some sort but just as long as i can get rid of useless system apps im happy. Think for providing the link above. It helped alot.

Edit: and just being curious ive tried it a few more times and the only step that is successful in the first one and all the rest fail. So it might have just been a one time thing.

Update: Bricked. Uninstalled Google Video and restarted now i get "security error" where to boot animation screen is suppose to be and it restarts. Would be a easy fix it the phone had a boot loader or a way to flash apks to it but the phone doesn't get far enough to be recognized by my computer.

Update: Got download mode volume up and down at the same time while plugging in usb. But the lg support tool has communication problems after 20% and the only other program that recognizes my phone is odin and its not doing any good. All i need it to get google video back on the phone who knew it could be this hard.

Edited by samt3

i have the stock rom ill post it up tonight and see if that can help any, if we have the stock one we might be able to inject root into the system folders and be able to flash it there

edit: ok its in a very weird format so give me some time to figure it out

edit:  now i know why you don't see much LG development this is rediculous

Edited by atronin

Ok here is the best bet to fixing any brick problems at the moment

go to this site http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-US730

scroll down and click on software update

make sure drivers are installed

use the LG Mobile Support Tool to flash back to stock

I think some of the root methods for the other lg devices may work, but it is such a pain to even convert the firmware to the correct format its ridiculous.

couldnt use the tool. Gets to 20% on the testing communication thing then has a problem communicating. I took it back last night and got a loaner. Im hoping they just reflash the software when it dont come on and dont figure out its been rooted. I did a hard reset so everything as far a superuser go should be gone. I know the root will still actually be there until they flash it but i got my fingers crossed they dont look that far in to it. Only thing is supersu was installed in the system files so it is probably still there after the hard reset. I know samsung galaxies keep a download count everything time you flash custom roms and such to them on the boot loader screen but i couldnt find any evidence of that on the splendor. Kinda new to the whole LG smartphone but ive been around a few galaxy phones. 

bin4ry will root the splendor its what i used just make sure you go to task manager and processes and turn off adb

ok so i have been hunting all over since i got the splendor. its a nice phone but root makes it even better. i have tried the Bin4ry method and it failed repeatedly. however after a moth of hunting i found one program that works. i am keeping it in my drop box so i will post the link below. it is called Kingo Android ROOT. it worked on the very first try. i hope you find this helpfull and enjoy your rooted splendor.

the program is very simple and well designed.

Just extract the folder and install.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/huw6uc228e3ot3l/And_root.rar

http://upload.teamuscellular.com/32s

Edited by macgyver74