JohnnyK

Next phone?

Tizen. It's garbage. Even the Samsung rep I talked to about it isn't happy about that. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Tizen is the operating system?Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

From what I heard yes. Of course their "revamping" it but still.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, they're going with Tizen because they say it will allow them more control over the phones.  It's really because Google bought Motorola, so they're thinking they won't get proper attention, or something.

I don't buy the whole Tizen thing. At least not with Android being as big as it is. They might put Tizen on a few "free with contract" phones, or some rural carrier (i.e. one much smaller than US Cellular), but it's not going to be the flagship. Besides, Ubuntu is much more promising. That would be a better move.

As for Motorola, they can get KLP first, but the first Samsung phone to get it will probably get the next version before the first Motorola phone that got it, gets it. Like the Electrify, Motorola will want its customers to buy a new phone sans contract subsidy to get the upgrade. (Of course, if you only use your Belief Points on upgrade accelerators, you can get your term down from 18 months to what, 10 or 11? I bought six accelerators to dump my Electrify for an S3, but I could have gotten two Electrify M's for 2/3 of what I paid for the S3. I just didn't want to reward Moto's bad behavior (and I wanted an upgrade to the OG Electrify's screen, and RAM for that matter). Although the Electrify M does look like a heck of a phone.

I've had GS2, GS3, I now have the GN2 and love it. But all the hype over the ***Samsung Galaxy S IV*** has sucked me in totaly 5in 1080p display, 13mp camera, Jelly Bean 4.2 ect ect...SAMSUNG+ANDROID=BEST

Motorola/Google Xphone will blow the S4 away and will be the 1st phone with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie.

The reception issues with the S3 and now no Netflix sound, and previous issues with some of their other products along with lack of customer service left a bad taste in my mouth for Samsung,never again. S-voice,s-beams,S-this,S-that. They wanna be just like Apple. Rumours are that they are looking into their own operating system too.

Motorola will never blow anyone away unless they decide to get their crap together. Which isn't likely. The S3 sucks. Only because of the radio related issues. The Netflix issue is an easy fix and anyone could have made the simple mistake that was made with that issue. Samsung isn't like Crapple because they actually allow users to use their phone. They don't lock them down and say screw you like Crapple does. However Motorola does lock their phones down and tells you to screw off. If you want an unlocked Motorola good luck with having a warranty or even updates for that matter.

S2 is decent tho

After it took Samsung 4 months to fix the gps.

na7q,If this Netflix no sound issue on the GS3 is such an easy fix,why hasn't Samsung fixed it?

S2 is decent tho

na7q,If this Netflix no sound issue on the GS3 is such an easy fix,why hasn't Samsung fixed it?

laziness?

S2 is decent tho

laziness?

I'm thinking they are more worried about how many phones they can sell and their next phone to care about issues on their present ones.

It has been over 2 months, that is unacceptable in my book.

LG Optimus F7 is coming. 4.7" HD display, 1.5 ghz dual core, 2GB of RAM. That and LG is calling this a budget line so pricing shouldn't be too crazy, Sounds like a good S3/Electrify M equal.

Would you suggest the LG F7 over the Samsung GS3 now? Seeing that the GS3 is older, has the new mid-range phones like the F7 caught up to the GS3? Looking to upgrade soon so trying to gather some opinions. Thanks.

I would suggest anything over the S3..lol

Kinda excited about the L7,hope it comes in something other than white though and with the pull out antenna.

Edited by Ace3166

Would you suggest the LG F7 over the Samsung GS3 now? Seeing that the GS3 is older, has the new mid-range phones like the F7 caught up to the GS3? Looking to upgrade soon so trying to gather some opinions. Thanks.

Right now I recommend the M and Note 2 the most. I haven't had a chance to test out the new Optimus F7 yet, it was just unveiled at MWC. I have no idea of a release date, my best guess is mid-april. 

I would suggest anything over the S3..lol

Kinda excited about the L7,hope it comes in something other than white though and with the pull out antenna.

It's the F7 that's in the system, it was codenamed last month but must have passed testing because it's got a name now. 

LG F7 sounds cute, but I'm thru with phones at this point, well as far as looking for the next one. I will have fun reading other peoples stories on there new 2013 phones this year tho. Enjoy

Right now I recommend the M and Note 2 the most. I haven't had a chance to test out the new Optimus F7 yet, it was just unveiled at MWC. I have no idea of a release date, my best guess is mid-april. 

>I would suggest anything over the S3..lol

It's the F7 that's in the system, it was codenamed last month but must have passed testing because it's got a name now. 

Typo on my part,I meant the F7.

Kinda excited about the L7,hope it comes in something other than white though and with the pull out an

tenna.

I wasn't trying to call you out bud, it's just the L7 is an Optimus also. Pretty much the Splendor. The F7 will be more of a powerhouse, I just read a leak that said it will retail around $300 internationally like the Nexus 4 so it shouldn't be too pricey once subsidized.

Kinda excited about the L7,hope it comes in something other than white though and with the pull out an

tenna.

I wasn't trying to call you out bud, it's just the L7 is an Optimus also. Pretty much the Splendor. The F7 will be more of a powerhouse, I just read a leak that said it will retail around $300 internationally like the Nexus 4 so it shouldn't be too pricey once subsidized.

Yeah, I know,lol Had the L7 stuck in my head when i was typing for some reason.

Was looking at some Youtube vids of the F7. Really liking the pull out antenna (if it actually works)

About time a company brought that back or at the least a jack to plug in an exteral antenna would be nice.

The rest of the phone looks pretty nice too.