Galaxy Note 2 root/custom ROM help?? - Galaxy Note 2 ROMs Q&A/Discussions - TeamUSCellular

Photo

Galaxy Note 2 root/custom ROM help??

5 replies to this topic

#1 crimsonBZD

crimsonBZD

New Here

• 7 posts
  • Device:Galaxy Note 2

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

Okay, so first of all, yes, I am completely new to this rooting thing. However I'm no idiot, I'm just more on the hardware side of computing. Anyways, I've searched the internet for well over twelve hours now trying to get a custom ROM (that I found on xda, Android Revolution HD 6.0) onto my Galaxy Note 2 (SCH-950). I live in the US and I have the 4G LTE version, N7105 I think... and I'm getting nowhere. I've downloaded the tool kit, Odin, probably reset my phone 40 times by now. No one else seems to be having this problem, at least not that I can find. So, really I just need like a direct instruction on how to root and flash a custom ROM onto this phone. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!! smile.gif

More info from later on:  I tried a few different ROMs and it kept getting stuck at the "Samsung" screen. The final one I tried is Doedexed V1.2. It got to 20% and then restarted. It also looped up at "Samsung." So I flashed over a generic recovery backup I have for the SCH-950 and then suddenly everything looks different, as If Doedexed V1.2 were suddenly applied. Everything works fine... occasionally something is in a different language, but that's minor. I know it's still my voicemail lol. So... yeah... I could definitely use some info now lol Thanks so much for the help!

#2 snodrog742

snodrog742

Seriously 2.0...

• 5,810 posts
  • Phone #:2706812326
  • Device:iPhone 5s
  • Google Talk:teamuscc2011@gmail.com
  • Google Plus:106781649499633521245

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

Have you tried: http://teamuscellula...117-stock-odin/

meblend3.jpg

#3 crimsonBZD

crimsonBZD

New Here

• 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

It says I'm not able to download anything from there. I have ODIN though. I have not been able to unlock the bootloader... i tried to follow to steps to do so on my phone, it told me to type in a sequence of numbers (presumably in the phone keypad) but it just makes the numbers dissapear so... Yeah I've done everything with my bootloader locked I guess. Deodexed v1.2 is still working fine. my phone thinks its on t-mobile now though. the only problem i'm having is my computer won't recognize my phone. i got it to work once, i had to install the GT-N7105 international drivers for 4.1.2 instead of the SCH-950 drivers. so, that's where i'm at. i haven't gotten to wiping the samsung drivers from my pc and re-installing fresh yet but i'm about to do it.

incidentally snodrog742 i'm in illinois as well, are you near chicago?

#4 snodrog742

snodrog742

Seriously 2.0...

• 5,810 posts
  • Phone #:2706812326
  • Device:iPhone 5s
  • Google Talk:teamuscc2011@gmail.com
  • Google Plus:106781649499633521245

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

I'm 4 hours south.  You shouldn't need international drivers.  Moving this to Note 2 ROMs Q&A/Discussions too.... 

Isn't there a toolkit for Note 2?

meblend3.jpg

#5 seve1476

seve1476

Kewler Than Kewl

• 370 posts
  • Device:Note2
  • Google Talk:michaelcummingspga@gmail.com

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

It says I'm not able to download anything from there. I have ODIN though. I have not been able to unlock the bootloader... i tried to follow to steps to do so on my phone, it told me to type in a sequence of numbers (presumably in the phone keypad) but it just makes the numbers dissapear so... Yeah I've done everything with my bootloader locked I guess. Deodexed v1.2 is still working fine. my phone thinks its on t-mobile now though. the only problem i'm having is my computer won't recognize my phone. i got it to work once, i had to install the GT-N7105 international drivers for 4.1.2 instead of the SCH-950 drivers. so, that's where i'm at. i haven't gotten to wiping the samsung drivers from my pc and re-installing fresh yet but i'm about to do it.
incidentally snodrog742 i'm in illinois as well, are you near chicago?

Are you using the stock usb cable? What version of windows?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

#6 crimsonBZD

crimsonBZD

New Here

• 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Actually the international drivers worked... it seems I've truly convinced my phone it's from T-Mobile and all lol. I am using the stock USB cable. also, I'm on windows 7 (fully updated). So I encountered a new fun problem. My phone just completely ignores mobile data. when attempting to flash back to stock ROM using ODIN, ODIN succeeds but it still loads up the old ROM

Edited by crimsonBZD, 23 December 2012 - 09:06 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 2