na7q

[SUPPORT] CyanogenMod 10.1

Whats the last build with working 4g? do yall have a link to that? thanks!

The last that I know of are 5/29 and 6/11 (working 4g, 4g signal bar doesn't work).  However, the way to get currently nightlies to have working 4G is to download the nightly and replace the 4G RIL blob files with the reverted version.  It's basically 'injecting' the nightlies zip with the working 4G RIL blob.  I use 7zip to do this and it's quick.  I've noted the 4G RIL blobs zip download a few posts up.  The last one  I did was using the 7/22 and replacing the RIL's and it flashed without issue and 4G was maintained.

If people don't want to do it themselves, I can upload my 7/22 nightly in this thread.  Let me know.

I'm not sure about the nightly builds but the link that rainy posted a few pages back has working 4g

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Synced to latest code. Enjoy.

http://upload.teamuscellular.com/5w4

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

I installed the above mentioned update last night but seem to be having wifi issues. Any thoughts on what may be wrong?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

OK..my bad. I tried another WiFi when I got to town. Turns out it was my US Cellular phone that I use as a WiFi router. US Cellular must be down in my area or maybe they are throttling my bandwidth.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Everyone, I'd like to welcome you to my friend called HALO.

CM and PA got together and mated. Along came a child called HALO.

This ROM is built with the latest source from CM10.1.2 and HALO. It does not contain anymore features from HALO.

(does not include privacy guard. sorry guys. i may add that in later.)

http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/topic/5086-rom422halo-cyanogenmod-1012/

Why all of a sudden would my ability to send text message fail? On latest nightlie.

Why all of a sudden would my ability to send text message fail? On latest nightlie.

If voice+ is enabled try disabling it

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Volume is terrible... How do I fix it?

Speakerphone is so low I can't use it and playing music on earphones is so quiet.

I would expect volume at 50% to be normal use and 100% to be obnoxiously loud.

Looking online it seems a file needs to be edited in system etc sounds or showing like that but I couldn't find it.

Speakerphone is so low I can't use it and playing music on earphones is so quiet.

Looking online it seems a file needs to be edited in system etc sounds or showing like that but I couldn't find it.

I downloaded the kernel (not the recovery zip) and flashed it in TWRP.  Under device information in the Kernel section it says "unavailable".  I looked on the market for a devil kernel manager/tool and none of those really impressed me so I downloaded Trickster MOD.  Under the sound section, no matter what I apply and reboot, nothing sticks or seems to change.  The volume on Youtube is barely audible and google's searches kind of whispers to me.

I'm not sure if I did something wrong but, I thought it was a straight forward thing to do.  I've installed Devil Kernels before (on other devices) and never really had this much trouble.

Edit:  I used the app in the thread for the devil kernel and got it to work.  I just need to play around with it and find a good setting for the sound so it's just right.  I put it up high and notification sounds became a bit distorted so I just have to change it up a bit.  Thanks for the help.

Edited by alaindesjardins

No matter what I do I can't get the speaker phone to be louder. It is so low in fact that I can hear the other person better if I turn it off.

This got me to look into all the other sounds to see if I could find other areas that are too quiet. The audio when playing music in power amp is fantastic. The notification volume is excellent as well. However, the sound in YouTube is very low unless I plug in a headset, then the volume is acceptable.

just have to adjust the speaker volume in the devil app. then it'll work just dandy. works for me.

No matter what I do I can't get the speaker phone to be louder. It is so low in fact that I can hear the other person better if I turn it off.

This got me to look into all the other sounds to see if I could find other areas that are too quiet. The audio when playing music in power amp is fantastic. The notification volume is excellent as well. However, the sound in YouTube is very low unless I plug in a headset, then the volume is acceptable.

well if you're adjusting the speak volume from inside the devil app under the audio setting it'll work. does for me! everything is suppppperrrrrr loud. i use the speaker all the time and when i need a boost adjusting it in there works great!!

Anyone have the MD5 for the last 10.1 nightly?

Anyways, I wiped everything and reinstalled the latest nightly along with the devil kernel because I made the mistake of going to 10.2 thinking there was a new nightly.

There's just a couple of things I simply can't get to work... the IN CALL SPEAKER PHONE is very silent and unusable unless i stick it to my ear.  I have adjusted values in the devil app and although it improves the loudness of everything overall (along with adding distortion to sounds), it does not fix the fact that I can't hear anyone when using speaker phone during a call.

That being said, the speaker works fine when I play music/notifications in any other apps and sounds great with everything else (without adjustments in devil kernel settings).  So something is clearly not working with the speakerphone during a call.  Maybe I can try to clear data on the phone app and see if that helps any.

I had issues with it showing ROAMING INDICATOR OFF which I fixed by downloading a custom eri.xml file and placing it in the right location.  I had issues selecting Network Modes which na7q hooked me up with a flashable to fix that.

What else can I do?  Can someone explain to me why no one is picking up the latest 10.1 nightly and making mods to it to fix all these little problems and making it more custom to USCC?  Sorry if I'm being ignorant about any of this, I just want to know more about how these roms work and the process behind them.

Edited by alaindesjardins

MD5sum: 5c649e8a3190a1cbdb3c841f07ef5784

CM10.1 is no more for us. Most people are sticking with the last nightly or using CM10.2 or other ROMs at this point.

Audio is a known issue on all ROMs. Roaming indicator is a source code mishap. Don't know why they didn't fix it.

As for you. I think you should just factory reset. Use the devil kernel and you'll be set. Shouldn't have issues unless your device is defective. Alternatively you can try using my CM10.1 + HALO ROM. It's my daily driver with the devil kernel. I have 0 issues. It's pure CM with the addition of HALO.

If that fixes it my recommendation is to maybe go back to a build around early August.

Yeah, I was looking at HALO ROM.  I might try that when i get my phone fixed... I was having issues last night sending MMS because I removed the SIM Tool app with titanium backup.  I figured I didn't need it but without it, I couldn't send MMS.  I went into the SIM Tool app just to check it out and somehow fat fingered and erased my SIM card and now my phone doesn't work.

Im going to triangle away, factory reset it and go to their shop and explain to them that I can't get on any network because my SIM card seems corrupt.

Hmm. I erase that app every time. In fact one time I opened it and it deactivated my phone. I was roaming too so it sucked. I just did a *228 and activated it once I wasn't roaming and all was well.