rzdw92

CM10.1 (JB 4.2) for Mesmerize

I had major issues with the first 10.1 build. Used CWM fixed for CM7 and it flashed okay.  Then it wouldn't flash gapps as it kept saying it was bad.  I figured the SD card was probably too slow for 4.2 so I went back to 4.1.

You definitely need to update your CWM for flashing 4.2 ROMs I believe.  Use the newest one possible.  Everything will be fine then. 

I had major issues with the first 10.1 build. Used CWM fixed for CM7 and it flashed okay.  Then it wouldn't flash gapps as it kept saying it was bad.  I figured the SD card was probably too slow for 4.2 so I went back to 4.1.

Agreed. The cwm fixed for cm7 us really only for making the cm jump. There are many more newer versions. That is your problem.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

I first tried a 6.x version and it wouldn't flash the nightly, kept saying bad. Fascinate xda forums said to use fixed for CM7 for 4.2.1 in a few threads.

From stock GB (powerwashed ROM), i used cwm fixed for cm7 to flash 4.2.1 aokp build from last oct. the only thing is is that the rom flashed super fast. and then it went back into the newer recovery that is injected in the newer rom. so i flashed the ROM again with the newer recovery, i think its 6.0.12. the ROM flashed normally, then while in the same recovery session  i flashed GApps.  and it worked great!

Love reading the posts on this site, I've been having fun with my android devices and getting more comfortable with customizing them.  You guys are awesome, I'm envious of your skills.

I've been playing with my old Mesmerize (I forgot what a cool little device it was), turning it into an extra "play" device for me and my daughter.  Its great to watch Netflix, use as my .mp3 player at the gym, and making and receiving Google Voice calls/texts.

I have tried unsuccessfully a handful of times to flash the CM 10.1 nightly on it.

Each time, it aborts soon after it starts.  Then I try to restore my nandroid backup, and I get a "md5 mismatch" or "sum error" (forgive me if I'm telling you the wrong error message, typing this from my memory, which isn't what it used to be).  Then I have to flash a stock GB rom back via Odin, root it again, etc.  Been flashing cwm4 fixed for cm7 to root it.  Then flash CM 7.2 (this ROM works great on the device), which includes cwm 5.x.  

When I try to flash a cm 10.1 nightly, it aborts but I end up with cwm 6.x.  I try to flash cm 10.1 again, but I get a "MD5 mismatch" error.  Then I have to start over with the stock USCC gingerbread rom.  At least my apps can be restored via TiBu when I get back to cm 7.2.

I was reading this thread and thought I need a newer version of cwm to start?  Any links to where I can find a newer version?  My inadequate googling skills are failing me faster than my eyesight, lol.  Any help is appreciated, I'm sorry if my description of my problem isn't clear.

Thanks,

Old Guy Loving Technology in 2013

I got to CM10.1 the same way as rzdw92 suggested, except I went through the 10.0 nightlies for a while first. My Mez is now retired, I got an S3 2 days ago, but the only probably I had with CM10/10.1 is that voicemail notifications weren't coming through. That, and it was a hair sluggish and would lock up at times.

are the roms in the link compatible with the mesmerize or do i need to find the specific links for it?

EDIT: i figured it out but i keep geting media process has stopped exchange as well

Edited by Ak4d4

I was on CM9 Update15 or something... can't remember, and using CWM5 recover I was unable to flash CM10.1 Nightly.  I followed the steps to go back to stock, flash teamhacksung's update 2 and then was able to flash the CM10.1 Nightly.

I thought I would breathe new life into my Mesmerize even though I have the Note 2.  Hopefully this will give me something to tinker around with because the previous rom I had seemed to get slow and non responsive with force closes if I had too many apps.  I think it had to do with a 200mb partition that was being overfilled.

Hope that helps... it booted fine and im going to mess around with it now.

Someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me, ive tried a bunch of cm10's but every time, i go into my cwm, wipe dalvik, cache, and format my phone. But when i install the rom, itll say like opening packages or something like normal, and then it says Installation aborted! And i dunno what to do. I have samsung mesmerize running gingerbread 2.3.6, rooted, with cwm 2.5.1.x and i think thats the reason my stuff wont flash cause i have a low version of cwm, and i cannot find a higher version for my phone PLEASE HELP! Text me @ 715 598 9424., or facebook me @ www.facebook.com/TheBestInIt Or reply to me on here! ALSO I CANNOT FIND A NEW CWM IF YOU CAN FIND A NEWER VERSION PLEASE LINK ME!

Edited by Alexman1233