UPEngineer

JB Update - Experiences - Opinions

According to Android Police, the JB Update for our Electrify M has started rolling out.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02/06/motorola-begins-jelly-bean-4-1-2-rollout-for-the-electrify-m-on-us-cellular/

I still haven't got it, but I guess it will go in waves.

so, really they reported nothing? Why post a story just showing us cellulars page. Dumb

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Why the eff does the EM get 4.1.2 before the S3? USC - get your s together. Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Works for me, I picked the EM over the S3...  =-P

Why the eff does the EM get 4.1.2 before the S3?

USC - get your s together.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

It all depends on when updates are built. The S3 might be lucky if it even gets 4.1.2.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Which, to me, makes no sense. But, I'm not calling the shots.

I'm glad the EM got 4.1.2, it is kinda reassuring that they're at least trying to make progress.

So will this be an over the air update orrrrr?

Never mind. Over the air. Kind of cool its going to 4.1.2. I'm still on 4.0

Edited by simple _1

Why the eff does the EM get 4.1.2 before the S3?

USC - get your s together.

But then again, what's the real difference between 4.1.1 and 4.1.2? They're minimal at best; it's not the premium suite upgrade or anything. Thank god for AOSP!

And congrats to all of y'all with the Electrify M! Not talking smack, just sayin.

Sent from my SCH-R530U

Why the eff does the EM get 4.1.2 before the S3? USC - get your s together. Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

For the same reason the Xphone will launch with KLP before the Galaxy S4 gets it,Google owns Motorola.

Yeah - I just like "poking the bear" that is USC.

They are the hobo on the train - no ticket, no luggage - but they get by somehow.

So will this be an over the air update orrrrr?

Never mind. Over the air. Kind of cool its going to 4.1.2. I'm still on 4.0

Well I got my email notificationthat my upgrade for the soak test will happen today, this afternoon I wil be upgraded...

been trying on the other thread regarding tethering and thus update to try and get my tethering working but it isnt cooperating... actually it is the mobile hotspot that isnt cooperating and wanting to work...

Not sure of which jelly bean it will be... 4.1.1 or 4.1.2...

Anyone with ideas for my hotspot issue please see the other thread...

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

I am gonna wear out the system update button on this phone...lol Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Did you enroll in the soak program and fill out the questionnaire??   If you have not and have not received an email saying your going to get the soak push I would stop trying to hit the update button and wait.  This is NOT the official release.  At least from what I am seeing and I am one of the soak registered testers...

I am gonna wear out the system update button on this phone...lol Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Did you enroll in the soak program and fill out the questionnaire??   If you have not and have not received an email saying your going to get the soak push I would stop trying to hit the update button and wait.  This is NOT the official release.  At least from what I am seeing and I am one of the soak registered testers...

I am registered with MFN. Is that different than the soak test? I don't remember a questionaire I don't believe. They changed it all since my soak test with the Droid X

I am registered with MFN. Is that different than the soak test? I don't remember a questionaire I don't believe. They changed it all since my soak test with the Droid X

I too am registered with the MFN as well and I was sent a questionnaire pretty much a screening for the soak testing..  Basically almost like a confidentiality agreement at the same time.  That I agree to work with and provide feedback and do tests, etc for the JB release...  

If you have done that you should get an email letting you know when you will be upgraded as they choose the phones by the MEID that you would have provided when you did the, what I am calling, questionnaire.

Okay so "rolling out in phases" is the key wording.  They are going to release it to testers first who are registered with the MFN and have completed the questionnaire.  then after an unknown time period they would be releasing to the next wave.  

At least that is how it was explained when I went through the process of signing up and doing the feedback and testing...

You can keep plugging away at your update and see if maybe they kick you in as well.  I believe the first stage is a specific set of MEID numbers that they have from the registration process for MFN.

Plus letting that information out is a marketing key as well.  Release that the updates are starting and more people may jump into a new Electrify M just for the new android release.  Look it got you checking right away to see if you have an update.

I would just wait... when it comes to you it comes to you.  Patience is a virtue.  Sure now a days not many have patience but it might pay off when it comes to this.  In case there is a major issue with the first phase you may be the lucky recipient of a later release with the bugs out of it.

Edited by dBuster

I check all the time anyway.lol.I will wait Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

I can just picture some out there that hear update released and then they sit there with their phones and every 2 or 5 minutes they are hitting the update check..  

I usually check once a day if I know there was an update coming and now that I am aware of the update coming I am staying out of it until later on.