UPEngineer

JB Update - Experiences - Opinions

I was not implying that you were swiping... just that I can replicate the same thing from any app or the main home screen 100% of the time by making a swiping motion from that bottom up. Even the slightest motion even ones that you would think were not swipes it launches. Just had to train myself to be careful with swipes and gestures...

What more could be going on is the sensor that picks up your touch might be bad and is taking any motion you make it turns it into something else. Wonder how one could test the sensor that picks up the touch....

Remember it isn't a perfect world! -- Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

From everything I have tried, this has nothing to do with swiping (intentional or unintentional swiping).  It has something to do with the combination of going to a Text Message directly from the Notification, and having the screen horizontal/landscape.   When I don't do these two things together this never happens.  Even I intentionally "try" to not be carful, I still don't see it.

I don't know if this is a "feature" or a bug, but I tried this on my wife's phone (also an EM) and I get the exact same behavior.

If i get a text today i will try it again and do it from the beginning with the phone turned to see if I can do it also...

I wonder if the sensor on your phones is bad. The touch layer sensor... you never know... but to have two do the same maybe it is not..

It is not a perfect world! Sent from my XT901 using tapatalk

Edited by dBuster

Has there been a fix for the LOW Ring/notification volume issues?

I have gotten used to it by now and have learned where to see the volume to get desired levels. Sure they're are not as loud but they can be lived with

It is not a perfect world! Sent from my XT901 using tapatalk

I think the volume was too high before, so it really isn't an issue, it was supposed to be a fix for an issue. ...but they may have taken it too far.

I downloaded an app called equalizer from the play store. I found that the eq in play music didn't effect any other apps. This one is global, so it increases rings and notifications too.<br /><br />Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

I traded my s3 yesterday for an M because of the reception issues, and im thinking, I should have kept my s3 and dealt with it. im guessing all of the newer m's come with jb preloaded because mine did. It has been weird. battery life was abysmal. I finally decided to give it a full charge. pulled it off the charger about 9 last night and its down to 12% now, so im guessing letting it charge fully helped the battery? Still not all that great because when i woke at 530 it was at 64% from 100.

The wifi and data goes in and out for about 10 minutes every few hours. That, is very annoying. I want to root but im actually scared to with this one because I dont want to mess up anything else (and rooting is normally the first thing I do with any phone i get). The notifications are nice a loud, but everything else, volume is low, even in call volume (using the equalizer app). I'll give it a little more time I guess, but so far, im thinking I made a not so good choice by doing so.

ive seen quite a bit of complaints about these issues, and more, and im just curious as to why moto, or usc hasnt pushed out an update to address these issues.

I traded my s3 yesterday for an M because of the reception issues, and im thinking, I should have kept my s3 and dealt with it. im guessing all of the newer m's come with jb preloaded because mine did. It has been weird. battery life was abysmal. I finally decided to give it a full charge. pulled it off the charger about 9 last night and its down to 12% now, so im guessing letting it charge fully helped the battery? Still not all that great because when i woke at 530 it was at 64% from 100.

The wifi and data goes in and out for about 10 minutes every few hours. That, is very annoying. I want to root but im actually scared to with this one because I dont want to mess up anything else (and rooting is normally the first thing I do with any phone i get). The notifications are nice a loud, but everything else, volume is low, even in call volume (using the equalizer app). I'll give it a little more time I guess, but so far, im thinking I made a not so good choice by doing so.

ive seen quite a bit of complaints about these issues, and more, and im just curious as to why moto, or usc hasnt pushed out an update to address these issues.

Okay.. where to begin.

Sound levels - Have you gone to the settings and looked at sound and then volumes? Do you have then set differently and have you tried to change them there to see if it makes a difference? Personally in call sound for me is not a problem and I adjust while in a call if needed.

Battery level - have you tried to look and see what is actually eating up your battery? Do you have gps on all the time and have you checked for those known battery hog apps such as Wi-Fi now and disabled such apps? Do you have Google now or any of those Google apps that like to continually check your location turned on and checking like every two minutes to see where you are?

I use my phone quite a bit for calls, surfing, tapatalk, etc and my worst day after unplugging from charging at 6am by the time 8pm rolls around, worst day now, I was down to 46%. On average I am only down into the low 70% battery remaining range.

From what you have said I don't think there is anything that a fix pushed out would address. Not without learning more from you.

It isn't a perfect world! Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

On the electrify m low in call volume, a buddy had the same problem. Way we fixed it was in the dialer hit menu then might be advanced, but disable voice privacy. Then start a call and let the recipient know to just hold on, run the volume all the way down, look at it while doing it. His volume slider would not go below about 1/3 until he kept holding the button down for several seconds. Then run it to the top again. He said the difference is remarkable and has to turn down call volume now where before he could not hear calls enough to use the phone. YMMV. Hope it helps someone.

Sent from my XT901 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

On the electrify m low in call volume, a buddy had the same problem. Way we fixed it was in the dialer hit menu then might be advanced, but disable voice privacy. Then start a call and let the recipient know to just hold on, run the volume all the way down, look at it while doing it. His volume slider would not go below about 1/3 until he kept holding the button down for several seconds. Then run it to the top again. He said the difference is remarkable and has to turn down call volume now where before he could not hear calls enough to use the phone. YMMV. Hope it helps someone.

Nice trick or tip!

It isn't a perfect world! Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Okay... like I said I'm gonna test this over a few days before I do anything drastic.

From a full charge, battery life has gotten a lot better. I do believe it has more potential. I'm a heavy user (talk text web YouTube email slight gaming) so I don't expect to make it no more than a day without a charger with any device.

I have the sound all the way up in the settings for everything. The alarm and notifications are loud. The ringer is a little softer but still loud enough to hear and the music playback is the lowest. I guess I'm still trying to compare it to the s3; the speaker on it was incredibly loud.

As for the screen issues and the WiFi and data cutting in an out, it still does it. Its happening more frequent with cutting in and out on it own. I actually called tech support about it last night and the screen, and I'm wondering if it may be a kernel issue. There were a few other bugs as well that I noticed so I thinking maybe its the device I got?

Its a great little phone though. Love the look and feel.

@hellorenauldo.

If you are unlocked boot loader and rooted try out planters76's ROM in development section. Along with equalizer from play store I experience none of those issues. I'm not a heavy user, but stream Pandora foe 2.5 hours a day minimum and spend about 3 hours a day either on tapatalk or the web an I can go three days without a charge.

This is just my experience and I've never even held an S3 so really can't compare for you that way, take it for what it is.

I'm not rooted at all. I actually went to the store today and got a new device so I'm on my second M. This one so far isn't having any issues so far, but its only been 3 hours.

I guess the battery just needed to be charged a few times in the other phone because I was able to get 19 hours on a charge the last time I charged it.

There were a few other things wrong as well... I just learned it had a notification light lol.

But I'm gonna root this one. I just don't wanna lose the moto ringtones and notification sounds as I can't stand aosp ones..

As for the screen issues and the WiFi and data cutting in an out, it still does it. Its happening more frequent with cutting in and out on it own. I actually called tech support about it last night and the screen, and I'm wondering if it may be a kernel issue. There were a few other bugs as well that I noticed so I thinking maybe its the device I got?

Here is another thread where a few of us were having the same issue with WiFi data cutting in and out.  I finally got mine resolved by getting a different Electrify M.  Note that this was all before Jelly Bean.

http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/topic/3165-anyone-having-issues-with-wifi-dropping-and-reconnecting/

Some people have fixed wifi problem by going into wifi settings-advanced and unchecking the avoid poor connections box. Also make sure Wifi on during sleep is set to always.

I've gotten a new M. After a comparison between the two, the other one had a lot of other issues I didn't know about. I didn't know it had a notification light. The speaker on my new one is a bit louder as well, and for whatever reason, I have better signal. No more wifi/data connection issues (I unchecked avoid poor connections on the last one and it still did it). It lags a little though and it still does the thing where the screen jitters a bit from time to time, but I can deal with that.

I think since its similarly specd to the S3 I'm expecting it to be an S3. Still getting used to it though. Would rooting really make that big of a difference?