Returning to stock - triangle away'd still modified and counter on stock rom. - Galaxy S III Development - TeamUSCellular

Photo

Returning to stock - triangle away'd still modified and counter on stock rom.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 samwhich

samwhich

Hanging Around

• 23 posts
  • Device:S4

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

Hi everyone, I followed all steps on the return to stock for warranty return and I still have a modifed status on both rom and binary as well as a flash counter of one. Any idea on why this is going on? I originally rooted by the CWM odin flash and injecting SU through CWM. I used mobile odin to flash the stock rom back to the device once I used triangle away.

Thanks!

#2 C-Money

C-Money

Kewler Than Kewl

• 392 posts
  • Device:Galaxy S III

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

run triangle away and boot to download mode and use computer based odin. a couple of people lately have had an issue using TA and mobile odin, not sure why but I jsut put my phone back and ran Odin from my computer and all is good.

• BoгИX and samwhich like this

#3 samwhich

samwhich

Hanging Around

• 23 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Thanks! that cleared up my binary and flash issues but it is still saying I have a modified system, is this an issue for returns?

run triangle away and boot to download mode and use computer based odin. a couple of people lately have had an issue using TA and mobile odin, not sure why but I jsut put my phone back and ran Odin from my computer and all is good.

#4 BoгИX

BoгИX

Amazing... Enough Said

• 3,188 posts
  • Device:XT1093

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Did you do this:

http://teamuscellula...mentota-update/

It seems that running the upgrade tool removes modified status.  Triangle away only resets the flash counter, and if you stop before doing the upgrade tool it will not remove modified status.

• samwhich likes this

#5 samwhich

samwhich

Hanging Around

• 23 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Did you do this:

http://teamuscellula...mentota-update/

It seems that running the upgrade tool removes modified status.  Triangle away only resets the flash counter, and if you stop before doing the upgrade tool it will not remove modified status.

Thanks, worked great! I think the problem was I was Odining LK5 right away rather than updating through an older version.

1 2