Matthius

Electrify M Root - JB

The twrp recovery that worked for me is at http://aosp.us/?p=294 I flashed it through windows 7 adb commands held volume up and hold power for about 2 seconds to boot into recovery and from there downloaded and flashed the superuser arm zip Google it to download. I'm so stoked I actually got it froze tdcc through ROM toolbox and have mobile hotspot working also

Thanks for your rooting method. the more methods the better i would say.

Maybe this should have been added to the other thread regarding rooting the EM and jelly bean.

Moderators can you possibly look at merging?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by dBuster

I actually split it. It's in the ICS thread as well but this is specifically for JB

Thanks. Not sure if I am understanding the splitting if it was in the ICS thread... looked like it was its own thread to me but then again I am on tapatalk... as long as the expert moderators are on the ball.

:D

Edited by dBuster

I did have issues with cwm at first but I found out that after you flash root.zip you have to remove recovery-from-boot.p ASAP before rebooting

After you flash cwm, remove the usb cable and power off the phone by hitting the power button on the side of the phone

once the device shuts off hold the volume up and power button at the same time.

flash the root.zip, reboot phone then delete /system/recovery-from-boot.p file before doing anything else

If you dont delete that it will bring you back to android recovery when you reboot

Last post by me here.  CWM and TWRP work it sounds like but CWM takes more work according to Planters.   :)

It work for me snodrog742, I am hoping someone can verify that it does work :-0

cwm worked for me after deleting the recommended file. Had to use new root package as the ICS root.zip didn't give me root to delete the system file. I am not planning on trying unless I have issues but I can load my ics backup if I wanted couldn't I ? I do miss sleep mode but will try airplane and see how batt holds up at work.

Edited by slyedog

I don't think you can downgrade once you get jb. Maybe different with a backup though. If you can downgrade that way I'd love to have a copy of a fresh clean backup of ICS if somebody wants to share.

Quick question, and yes it will sound dumb. This will only work for an unlocked bootloader correct? Or is it possible to flash a recovery through fast boot with it locked? Or Adb? Got a buddy with 4.1.2 and no clue. Wondering if I can set him up.

Quick question, and yes it will sound dumb. This will only work for an unlocked bootloader correct? Or is it possible to flash a recovery through fast boot with it locked? Or Adb? Got a buddy with 4.1.2 and no clue. Wondering if I can set him up.

Custom recoveries can only be flashed with an unlocked bootloader

Is there a step by step guide for this or can someone write one up? Been out of the android community for awhile now and would love to get back into it and just got myself a new M

Is there a step by step guide for this or can someone write one up? Been out of the android community for awhile now and would love to get back into it and just got myself a new M

There is another thread in the electrify me area that does give you a step by step root. Search for it, i would but searching from tapatalk leaves lots to be desired... I believe the subject is close to the same as this thread.

Try Reading this thread. I know it says ICS however there are posts touching on jelly bean. http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/index.php?/topic/2955-Electrify-M-Root---ICS#entry54171'>http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/index.php?/topic/2955-Electrify-M-Root---ICS#entry54171

Edited by dBuster