Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flametai1

[ROOT] Quick and easy root for LG Optimus U

2 posts in this topic

So I got bored today and decided to take this old brick of a phone out of its drawer. I used it way back when I was on a USCC prepaid plan, I had looked for a root method for it before and couldn't find one. Well I looked again today considering I have it off, and finally found a way to do it for US670ZV4's. V2's apparently were very easy to root, well now I found an easy way to do V4's and noticed it wasn't on this website, so here it is, the one click V4 root method. I have no idea if this works for the older versions or not.

LG Optimus U Root

Preperation:

1. Unzip the zip file into a folder, or just drag and drop the folder onto your desktop.

2. Make sure your phone has a 256MB MicroSD card inserted.

3. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled. Go to Settings>Applications>Development> Check USB Debugging

Rooting:

1. Open the folder where you unzipped the zip file.

2. Plug in your phone via USB while it is turned on.

3. Run the file Gignersnap.exe (Windows Vista, 7, and 8 users make sure you run as admin.)

4. Click root, wait for your phone to restart. The program may or may not hang for a bit while running the exploit, this is normal.

5. Enjoy root.

Huge note: The old Su Binary is version 2.3.1-ef, it would not allow me to update the Su Binary via Superusers tap to check for updates. I updated the Su Binary file for this root method to 3.1.1, Superuser should now allow you to update via its tap to check for updates.

.:: I take no credit for this program, exploit or anything at all. I just found the tools, updated the Su Binary and Superuser.apk the original Su Binary and Superuser.apk can be found renamed in the folder. ::.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF THIS BRICKS YOUR PHONE. IF IT DOES THAT IS YOUR OWN FAULT.

Tested and working on an Optimus U with these specs:

LG Optimus U

Model #: LG-US670

Android: 2.2.2

Kernal: 2.6.32.9

Build: FRG83G

SW Version: US670ZV4

-FlameTai1-

Screen shot of the phone rooted:

24ottz9.jpg

LG Optimus U Root Method (Gingersnap).zip