hilgerone

Motorola X phone

Anyone unlock the bootloader yet on theirs? How is the launcher etc, is it BLUR still or something else now?

- Sent from my Galaxy S3

Is still an oem skin so yeah I'm gonna say is blur

Sent from my US Cellular galaxy s3 using Tapatalk 4

I'm looking to find out if the 4G reception is any better than all their other phones. How does it compare to 3G reception if you put phone in CDMA only mode?

Anyone unlock the bootloader yet on theirs? How is the launcher etc, is it BLUR still or something else now?

- Sent from my Galaxy S3

The launcher is stock android as well as the rest of the phone outside adding a few things to the settings for active display and touchless control. There might be some small things different but I have not caught on yet. My brother with a N4 would kill to get the active display feature. It changes how you use your phone in a good way.

4G has been really good much much better than my S3

Sent from my Moto X

Dynamic notifications from the play store will give you active display.

But it will kill your battery. This makes almost no difference

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Have open mic + on my S4. Works great if the screen is unblocked. Battery usage is beyond excessive and it appears data is a constant.

I can't figure dialer assist does the x have it

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by ajr

I've been using it for a few weeks with not much affect on the battery.

Really?  Do you have "Listen while screen off" on?   

I've been using it for a few weeks with not much affect on the battery.

Really?  Do you have "Listen while screen off" on?   

I do, need to read up on all the stuff I can do with it, most of the time I use it is just to show people that I can.

The app I'm talking about is for seeing active notifications when the phone is laying down and locked. The screen lights up for 15 seconds when you get a text, call, email or whatever you set it for.

What your thinking of is the always on Google voice commands. There is an app for that too called utter. It works well but I don't keep that on all the time. Like you said it would kill the battery a lot quicker.

Edited by zoodski

The app I'm talking about is for seeing active notifications when the phone is laying down and locked. The screen lights up for 15 seconds when you get a text, call, email or whatever you set it for.

What your thinking of is the always on Google voice commands. There is an app for that too called utter. It works well but I don't keep that on all the time. Like you said it would kill the battery a lot quicker.

Yes, that has been on since I got it. Digging around, I never saw where it can be shut off. Not that I would want to.

Its really cool, it shows different icons ebay, yahoo, CL anything you would get a notification from.

If I have it laying down to where it goes to sleep, when I jolt it to pick it up face up or down, the icon appears.

Slide it down to unlock, I hardly use the unlock/power button on the side.

Played with this app for two days.  Could you get it to notify texts?  Tried every setting I could think of and it didn't work.  Also, the phone talked while browsing and such.  I followed the dev recommendations to fix the issue but nothing worked.  Anyway, sorry for the derail.  Just wondering if there is a magic setting for the S4

Played with this app for two days.  Could you get it to notify texts?  Tried every setting I could think of and it didn't work.  Also, the phone talked while browsing and such.  I followed the dev recommendations to fix the issue but nothing worked.  Anyway, sorry for the derail.  Just wondering if there is a magic setting for the S4

I played with Utter before I bought the X, that and the icon notifier are two different apps that the X offers. No phone or app has the notification indicator like the X. Simply because you have to wake other phones up, the X is always awake.

I did do some paying with the Moto X yesterday with the "OK google now" and I think it will stop my wife and I from getting into as many fights.

Usually when driving, we get behind and I cant remember just how to get there the quickest, I have her bring up maps on my phone.

Talking here through the process of bringing it up and putting in the destination about drives my nuts.

Well all I say now is "ok google now, navigate me to ... ... ..." bam done!

When telling my friends about this, I found out it even works when in my pocket. LOL

Edited by dudleyfj40

Oh yeah. It has a decent range on it as far as picking up your voice goes.

The one thing I noticed on our demo unit in the store is that it's trained to my voice so I can say OK Google now and someone else can say a command and it still listens to them instead of waiting for me. If they try the OK Google now command, nothing. Is this how it is across all units or is this a demo unit fluke?

It's all units.  You only train the phone to listen for your particular voice to say "OK Google Now", it doesn't learn your voice for other commands.

I stopped for the first time yesterday to look at the Moto X and to check out the new store by me.
Left feeling disappointed, the 4G reception was -100 Dbm while my F7 was at -90 Dbm.
3G was -5 better on the Moto X.
Wanted to do a speed test, but there was no Gmail account active on the phone to download it from the play store.
The screen also seemed smaller and thinner than my F7, partly because of the on screen buttons. I feel like it would be a downgrade.
Had I stuck with my Electrify M I would consider it as an upgrade. My opinion is they should have put the 5" screen in that the Droids have.
I may just end up waiting for the next Motorola phone to come out.