hilgerone

Motorola X phone

Guess I'm the only one truly excited.  I'd jump for this one... guess I'm weird

Guess so lol!

Heard rumors we are getting something along the lines of the x phone but who knows

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

I heard that US Cellular will be strengthening their relationship with Motorola... Thus the X phone... Expect to get it on, or around launch date.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

I sure hope this is true. Motorola has been their least problematic brand of phones as of recently.

Guess I'm the only one truly excited.  I'd jump for this one... guess I'm weird

Hey,your not weird, I am super excited about this phone too. I can't get over Samsung putting all the top hardware in a cheap plastic build and then loading it up with excessive touchwizz bloatware.

Guess I'm the only one truly excited. I'd jump for this one... guess I'm weird

I am here with you on this one.

You are not alone! I to am eagerly awaiting this release!

I will feel dumb getting the S4 if (when) we get an official Motorola X. I thought the S4 was my only chance for high end hardware other than the Note III....Ugh!

It is high end hardware... What r u talking about? Lol

There's no way the X will trump the S4 to any extent that it makes the S4 appear outdated.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It is high end hardware... What r u talking about? Lol There's no way the X will trump the S4 to any extent that it makes the S4 appear outdated. Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nooooo, I meant I jumped on the S4 because I thought it would be the only high end phone available other than the upcoming note 3. I would much rather have Moto's build quality and stock software. 

My post did come across as me being concerned with the S4 being bested by specs on the X. Not the case, as I know it will be running a s600 chip just like the S4 and will have a 1080p panel.

Edited by Nioz

Now, that I agree with.

If they push an equal handset, sporting like hardware, I'll kick myself as well.

You can always wait and wait and wait for new and better tech to come out. Especially android phones. You can wait till the note 3 comes out or the rumored HTC phablet (which I really wanna wait for now:/) or the moto x, but by the time those come out, so will new rumors or announcements of better devices. So where do you call it a day and just get a freaking phone??? I think that's one of the sucky things about loving android. Too many new and better phones breaking ground too often.

Also true.

Maybe I should just get an iPhone - no upgraded hardware for a LEAST 2 years (often more) and I can overpay for it.

Just a thought. Lol

Motorola has stated that they are not interested in playing the specs game.They are more interested in durability and battery life at this point. Doesn't bother me, just looking for a solid upgrade from the Electrify M with a tad bigger screen. The fact that it will be made in the USA and creating 2000 jobs really impresses me. Could be a great marketing ploy too.

Why would a company named US Cellular not want to jump on this? Lol

I am hoping greed stays out of the picture. High cost of American labor and if it is a Union shop you better believe they will be paying them folks upwards of $40 an hour I bet! Add that up plus the executives having to make their billions each year and this moto x may cost many pretty pennies!

I am hoping the cost is within reason. I love my EM and would like to keep with the moto line.

Sadly this whole made in the USA, probably just means assembled in the USA

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sadly this whole made in the USA, probably just means assembled in the USA

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Even worse if this be the case! $40 plus an hour to assemble a device... I wonder what they will pay. If it is non union I might try for a job...

Yes it is only assembled here, but was also designed and engineered here. Hard to use parts made here when there isn't any.

Edited by Ace3166

Moto still locks down their devices don't they? That seems like the only downside to me. I am glad they are looking at new ideas (not big on swallowing a pill though haha). Anyway, I mean do phones really need to have insane specs? Sure, a bump in specs here and there is nice but it seems that is all that happens now. Where is the innovation!? Give us something new and cool!

Moto still locks down their devices don't they? That seems like the only downside to me. I am glad they are looking at new ideas (not big on swallowing a pill though haha). Anyway, I mean do phones really need to have insane specs? Sure, a bump in specs here and there is nice but it seems that is all that happens now. Where is the innovation!? Give us something new and cool!

Will be interesting if this Google moto mix will still have locked down phones.

I agree with the specs. I think even the specs for the new Windows phone that is coming are good but others are saying they aren't... but I guess that is a personal opinion and we are entitled to that.

Is there any rumors on when the new Motorola phone might be coming to USCC?  I'm in the market for a new phone sometime this summer/fall, but really prefer to not buy another Samsung device.