Anyone flash the modem without updating anything else?

Worst comes to worst just make a nandroid and flash it yourself!

Anyone flash the modem without updating anything else?

Worst comes to worst just make a nandroid and flash it yourself!
Lol not risking anything after that last incident where I was phoneless at work

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

It may not play nicely unless you fully update, I'm honestly not too sure.  I don't have an S4 to test with anymore. 

Forgot to mention I'm not on stock ROM. I'm running Dirty Unicorns. Tried flashing it 3 time but wouldn't take.

Decided to odin the full new stock rom. Booted up but still was on NK1 baseband. Now on stock ROM I odin'd just the OE2 modem again and this time the baseband updated correctly.

Odin'd twrp again, booted to recovery and flashed dirty unicorns again. Now on custom rom and my baseband is OE2.

Not sure if there's any difference between NK1 and OE2 but everything is working fine.

What all changed from 4.4.2 to 5.0.1

So. Much.

Not sure about TouchWiz in particular, but Android is much different.

Mine is oe2 but i did full flash

Were you required to gain root access again after flashing the whole stock ROM? If so how did you do it? I usually use CF Auto root but that's only available in KK version so I didn't know if it would work on this new Lollipop build.

Were you required to gain root access again after flashing the whole stock ROM? If so how did you do it? I usually use CF Auto root but that's only available in KK version so I didn't know if it would work on this new Lollipop build.

CF autoroot is bad and you should feel bad. /s

You root the exact way you always have and always will. Custom recovery/SuperSU. 

You root the exact way you always have and always will. Custom recovery/SuperSU.

Well tbh I haven't rooted since the day I started messing around on phones. I used CF auto back then. So it's that simple Odin TWRP then flash supersu?

Well tbh I haven't rooted since the day I started messing around on phones. I used CF auto back then. So it's that simple Odin TWRP then flash supersu?

Yes sir. You are 100% correct. 

Yes, and after flashing twrp do not let the phone reboot, pull battery and then boot to recovery to install supersu

You can't just turn the phone off after flashing twrp? Lol

The Samsung way. Flashed 5.0.1 with odin. Factory reset within rom and recovery. Flashed recovery with odin.booted back to recovery and flashed supersu

Yes, and after flashing twrp do not let the phone reboot, pull battery and then boot to recovery to install supersu

You can't just turn the phone off after flashing twrp? Lol

There is no "turning off" in Download/Odin mode. Battery pull is quicker than holding the power button, and ensures it boots directly to recovery. If you just hold down the power button too long and it reboots normally, it overwrites the custom recovery with the stock one and you're back where your started. Hence the battery pull suggestion!

Did the system ui change any. Ex settings menu and the quick toogles and stuff like that. Because I heard that that was supposed to get a complete turn around and look similar to the s5