I think if it was me that uploaded it I uploaded both the .tar and .zip.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

NP!

I think the zip would be a little smaller and therefore faster to download - you just have to unzip it.

I did flash OH2 with Odin 1.85, modem.bin in the phone section. Rom shows baseband OH2 and bootloader NK1. Phone info app in the play store also says my bootloader in NK1. Do you need to flash modem.bin twice, once in "PHONE" and once in "BOOTLOADER" section of odin?

You need Odin 3.10

Idk how 1.85 even worked at all. 

Never had a reason to download a new version of odin as 1.85 has always worked for what I needed it for.

Anyhow, I tried flashing with 3.10 but the bootloader still shows NK1 while the baseband says OH2.Are there any known issues with NK1 kitkat bootloader with android 5.1.1?

I did flash the entire oh2 rom and got baseband and bootloader to be oh2. I then tried two different custom roms and had problems with each, random reboots 4 or 5 times in 1.5 days and issues being able to make calls. Ended up going back to oe2 and everything appears working again on custom roms.

Has anyone else tried the new oh2 on a custom rom?

Hasn't been in my experience with this phone. I was on the oe2 modem for a month and only remember maybe 1 random reboot in that time and no issues like this with call problems. Now with a day back on oe2 haven't had a single reboot and no problems in calls. I'll just stick with what is working.

By the way how do you like your nexus 6 compared to the galaxy phones. Would it be a better upgrade to the s4 than going to an s5 or s6? Although I'd probably stay away from the S6 as the ROM support is mostly nonexistent.

Hasn't been in my experience with this phone. I was on the oe2 modem for a month and only remember maybe 1 random reboot in that time and no issues like this with call problems. Now with a day back on oe2 haven't had a single reboot and no problems in calls. I'll just stick with what is working.

By the way how do you like your nexus 6 compared to the galaxy phones. Would it be a better upgrade to the s4 than going to an s5 or s6? Although I'd probably stay away from the S6 as the ROM support is mostly nonexistent.

That's a very hard question to answer as everyone's likes and dislikes in phones are different.

Ill answer it in a couple of ways.

On paper:

Nexus 6 is far better than an S5 or S6 for many reasons but also S6 could be better.

Main reasons to pick a Nexus:

1. Rootability. You will always be able to root a Nexus phone. Hell its made for development.

2. Stock Android. This is a huge win for some, but some do not like stock Android and feel it is lacking.

3. Updates straight from Google and waiting on OEMs or carriers. Also a huge win.

4. Front facing speakers. Pretty self explanatory.

Reasons to get an S5/S6:

1. All of Touchwiz. Though it can be a bit bloaty Touchwiz software is also very good. I miss having a Samsung camera in my phone because the Nexus one is kind of a joke.

2. Removable batter and SD slot. Of course not applicable on a S6 but this is also something I miss. No its not a deal breaker (64gb phone plus 64gb microusb flash drive) eliminated all of that for me.

3. Arguable a "better" display. Samsung saves their Super AMOLED displays for themselves. The Nexus is not as "good." Though I haven't noticed a difference after changed the color tone it looks just fine to me.

Here is a short list for one phone or the other hope it helps.

Edited by Zenzr

Thanks for the feedback Mike.

Sounds like I'd prefer the nexus. Had the s4 rooted the first month of having it and had a custom rom on it the next month so I don't really care about touchwiz.

Camera isn't real important to me as if I want to take a "quality" picture I'll just use an actual camera.

Only real thing that has kept me loyal to the galaxy line is removable battery and sd slot. Battery not as much, as even a nexus could have the battery swapped if you are slightly mechanically inclined.

It's really the sd slot that I want because I love to constantly flash new roms and not having to constantly plug in a flash drive in and out of the physical port is handy and not to mention the wear on the jack.

I do really like the front speakers idea. One terrible sounding speaker on the back of the phone just doesn't cut it.

I'm thinking nexus for my next phone but will wait and see how the new version turns out first.

My name is Jared, or Zenzr, but you're welcome. :P

Whatever mike

Haha my bad, just glanced over and seen mini mike and well........

I def noticed too that customs didn't work that well on OH2

Ya something weird with OH2. Wonder if anyone running stock are having issues?

Edited by justsomeguy6575

My name is Jared, or Zenzr, but you're welcome. :P

Whatever mike

I'm running stock without a problem actually

My name is Jared, or Zenzr, but you're welcome.

Whatever mike

It's a standing joke that I am like Mike (one of our other members)