Heres a direct link to the USCC S4 CF-Root for MDL by chainfire

http://download.chainfire.eu/329/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-jflteusc-jflteusc-schr970.zip

About to test this baby out.

edit: Ladies and gents... Complete stock with root. No ill effects yet.

Is this a CWM Flash or ODIN flash after MDL update?

I think Odin Flash

I think so myself but I'm a hair confused as there is a .dll file in the zipped folder. I don't recall seeing that before.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I think so myself but I'm a hair confused as there is a .dll file in the zipped folder. I don't recall seeing that before.

Extract the zip you download, run the Odin and flash the tar.md5 using Odin.

Sent from my SCH-R540 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

http://download.chainfire.eu/329/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-jflteusc-jflteusc-schr970.zip

About to test this baby out.

from watching youtube videos on this chainfire method, it doesnt even give you the yellow triangle right?

edit: i just went ahead and flashed it. no triangle or ill effects besides the samsung text to voice not working.which is prob my fault  from debloating lol. ill post later with a fix hopefully

Edited by shawnboutonyahoo.com

About to test this baby out.

from watching youtube videos on this chainfire method, it doesnt even give you the yellow triangle right?

edit: i just went ahead and flashed it. no triangle or ill effects besides the samsung text to voice not working.which is prob my fault from debloating lol. ill post later with a fix hopefully

I did the same thing ;)

About to test this baby out.

edit: i just went ahead and flashed it. no triangle or ill effects besides the samsung text to voice not working.which is prob my fault from debloating lol. ill post later with a fix hopefully

I did the same thing ;)

all you have to do is go into settings and go to language input. click on speech to text and make sure you switch the engine to google. problem solved. hope it helps

My GPS does not work on my Cyanogenmod or any other rom that I installed. I forgot to make a backup of my original rom, so I am downloading this to try to get it to work again. Does anyone know if this will work or am I stuck without a GPS?

My GPS does not work on my Cyanogenmod or any other rom that I installed. I forgot to make a backup of my original rom, so I am downloading this to try to get it to work again. Does anyone know if this will work or am I stuck without a GPS?

Problems can be specific to ea. device, however, myself & others who have tried the roms w/non working gps & even data problems have successfully restored backups & /or reflashed stock software w/success. I have yet to have any glitches remain after doing so - but it is possible if wrong modems are flashed or defective drivers etc. 

If you Odin factory software use both pit & tar files for extra measures. 

Edited by SolarRays

Problems can be specific to ea. device, however, myself & others who have tried the roms w/non working gps & even data problems have successfully restored backups & /or reflashed stock software w/success. I have yet to have any glitches remain after doing so - but it is possible if wrong modems are flashed or defective drivers etc. 

Ok thanks. I'm currently downloading this so I'll let everyone know if it works.

Edited by maptwo3

Where do I get the those files? The tar is what I downloaded from here correct? And the pit I'm not sure about.

Where do I get the those files? The tar is what I downloaded from here correct? And the pit I'm not sure about.

Just got your PM - I'll link those

Flashing this will reset my recovery to stock, correct? Need to return my phone for warranty. It has a short, and keeps shutting off.

Does MDL have a modem?

All Odin-flashable stock files have a modem. However, the question is whether it is actually different than the last one or the same modem lumped in with updated features.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hey guys I downloaded MDB and am trying to odin back to stock due to losing my mobile data signal. When I odin this dont I just use the md5 in the PDA section of Odin? And what is the other tar file in the package? Ive tried to flash this multiple times with either or in the PDA section and it keeps failing? Help please

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> R970VXUAMDL_R970USCAMDL_R970VXUAMDL_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/009> Added!!
<ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..
<ID:0/009> File analysis..
<ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/009> Initialzation..
<ID:0/009> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/009> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/009> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/009> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/009> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/009> Removed!!
<ID:0/009> Added!!
<ID:0/009> Removed!!

This is what it keeps doing. Ive now tried MDL and it does the same thing. I cant boot and I cant even get into recovery. This isnt good, please help