I was having the same issue, and I just completely closed out Odin, reopened (as admin) grabbed a different usb cord, and put it in a new port, and this time it worked...magic? 

Good luck!

So I got a question about the MF5 update. Since they updated the bootloaders and all could I get away flashing MF5 odin image posted to return to stock if im on lets say CM10.1 etc? Dumb question but its seems like its just a update that does not reset data and wipe anything.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1hzajy/psa_do_not_update_your_att_or_vzw_s4_with_the/

Pretty much states that our update and other updates wont let you odin back to stock image like MD9 and so on BUT you can flash the newest one. I personally have tried this and couldn't flash MD9 nor MDL.

Edited by xonone

Before I assume and do something stupid.... I expected either a .TAR or a .MD5 file but instead there's a .ZIP file with an .MD5 file and a .DLL file in it.  Do I use Odin to flash this?  Do I unzip first? What's the .DLL file for?

TIA

is it possible to full downgrade from MF5 to MD9/MDL after fully odin through MF5? i tried but always failed, except that i delete aboot.mbn from inside the MD9/MDL tar.

is it possible to full downgrade from MF5 to MD9/MDL after fully odin through MF5? i tried but always failed, except that i delete aboot.mbn from inside the MD9/MDL tar.

Odin wise no. Once you have the MF5 bootloader its on there for good. You can however flash the deodex MD9 / MDL or did what you did for odin but will have the MF5 loaders. Recently the int. models got the knox update so we could be seeing TA updated soon hopefully.

Sent via SCH-I925U Note 10.1 LTE

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1md1la/psa_newest_triangle_away_update_now_works_on/

I have tested Triangle Away on MF5 odex (with MF5 bootloader) and bam it reset like normal. Reports are coming in (via google play and friends) saying it works for other similar knox updates on other snapdragon S4s.

Sent via SCH-I925U Note 10.1 LTE

Anyone willing to assist me in making some unbricking images?

i see there is 3 software versions, ill need a dump off a running device to make it one image.

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/SCH-R970_200_DUMP.bin bs=4096 count=50k

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/SCH_R970_76_DUMP.img bs=1024 count=76596

ideally i could get both images for all 3 software versions. teh 200MB one is for jtag's, the 76MB one is used for sdcard booting, not everyone can do that so its best to cover both ends with jtagging :)

Edited by Shabbypenguin

i see there is 3 software versions, ill need a dump off a running device to make it one image.

ideally i could get both images for all 3 software versions. teh 200MB one is for jtag's, the 76MB one is used for sdcard booting, not everyone can do that so its best to cover both ends with jtagging :)

So you need me to run those commands in terminal emulator?  I'm on MF5 right now and willing to help you out with this :)  Just let me know what needs to be done and I'll do what I can

So you need me to run those commands in terminal emulator?  I'm on MF5 right now and willing to help you out with this :)  Just let me know what needs to be done and I'll do what I can

you can do it via terminal emulator or adb shell, just be sure you type su and hit enter first to make sure you have rooted shell :) thanks in advance :D

bah i had the command wrong on the 200MB dump, (it came out as 200kb's :P )

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/SCH-R970_200_DUMP.bin bs=4096 count=50000

is what it should be. the 76MB one should be good though :)

How do I do this? I can do it at work here in an hour if you need someone. Do you need stock MDL MF5 or anything specific?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So, is the MJA file the one i need to run in ODIN if i want to return to stock? And if so, will this prevent me from re-rooting the device? Also, does the file contain the radio as well? Reason i ask is in case something goes haywire with the phone i can undo root and send in for repairs.......thanks in advance.