RMarkwald

[DISCUSSION] Building from source and having issues? Maybe the community can help.

You did a repo sync before building, and a make clobber before building too?

yep. I did all of that. I did finally get it to flash. Invisiblek posted a firmware update over at rootz that fixed the issue. My build finally flashed. I'm not sure why I would need the mb1 firmware as I flashed to the official mb1 stock rom. Oh well his firmware zip did the trick. Thanks for the help! I appreciate it.

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/37714-[ROM]Cyanogenmod-10.1-OFFICIAL-NIGHTLY-Builds-for-d2usc!#entry0

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

yep. I did all of that. I did finally get it to flash. Invisiblek posted a firmware update over at rootz that fixed the issue. My build finally flashed. I'm not sure why I would need the mb1 firmware as I flashed to the official mb1 stock rom. Oh well his firmware zip did the trick. Thanks for the help! I appreciate it.

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/37714-[ROM]Cyanogenmod-10.1-OFFICIAL-NIGHTLY-Builds-for-d2usc!#entry0

Maybe the CM thread here will need to be updated with this information as well, if it hasn't been already.

Maybe the CM thread here will need to be updated with this information as well, if it hasn't been already.
I think it does.

Anyone else building CM and running into problems extracting proprietary blobs from jflteusc?

Here's the issue I run into. Maybe someone has an idea how to fix it:

ron427@ron427-VGC-JS160J:~/android/system/device/samsung/jflteusc$  ./extract-files.sh./../jf-common/extract-files.sh: 26: ./../jf-common/extract-files.sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected (expecting "done")

Anyone else building CM and running into problems extracting proprietary blobs from jflteusc?

Here's the issue I run into. Maybe someone has an idea how to fix it:

ron427@ron427-VGC-JS160J:~/android/system/device/samsung/jflteusc$  ./extract-files.sh./../jf-common/extract-files.sh: 26: ./../jf-common/extract-files.sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected (expecting "done")
Ron, i havent built CM 10.1 in awhile. one thing you can try is just using themuppets vendor files, no real need to do any .extract.sh ..i dont own the device and i can build for S4 without .extract.sh.

sent while rooting the box

just tried building aokp 4.3. not sure what they got going on but I figured I would try anyway.  I resynced to jb_mr2 by the way already with no issues.  I run the usual commands but come up with the below error right away. I know if is something simple but my lack of experience prevents me from getting further as usual. just need to edit a file or runj\ a command I am sure, but I am lost still. possible it is not supported yet on course.

bionic/libc/Android.mk:429: TARGET_CPU_VARIANT is not defined
bionic/libc/arch-arm/arm.mk:30: *** "TARGET_CPU_VARIANT not set or set to an unknown value. Possible values are cortex-a7, cortex-a8, cortex-a9, cortex-a15, krait, scorpion. Use generic for devices that do not have a CPU similar to any of the supported cpu variants.".  Stop.

Edited by Shelby04861

found this bit of info while googling. looks like I need to wait.

"It will give that error because device tree needs to be adapted to that branch"

im having trouble understanding how to set up the device source for the axiom. this is the only thing that is confusing me please help  

You may want to ask ShabbyPenguin where he is getting his device trees from, as I don't see them on CM or TheMuppets Github repos.