• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TechnicalUplink

TechnicalUplink

Hanging Around

• 16 posts
  • Device:Samsung Axiom

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

Where can I find a tutorial on upgrading to jellybean from ice cream Sandwich?

#2 iRub1Out

iRub1Out

Dance Puppets, Dance!

• 13,274 posts
  • Device:S5

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

On your phone got to:

Settings
About device
Software Update

It's the very top option. The phone will do the rest. You need wifi to download it.

Odin method:

1. Download and Extract R830VXBMB2_R830USCBMB2_USC.zip to get a file with .tar extension in the unzipped folder.
  2. (Found HERE)
  3. You will then extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
  4. (Found HERE)
  5. Switch your phone off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete the power down cycle.
  6. You will then put your phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes the Samsung Logo. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter download mode.
  7. Run Odin3 v3.07.exe with Administrator rights.
  8. Plug your phone into the computer. You will then see a notification appear in Odin in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If for some reason, you do not see the said notification, try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. Once you successfully see the “Added!!” notification in Odin, you are good to go. (Also, check for COM port being depicted by a number in ‘yellow’ to make sure that you have successfully added your device.)
  9. Select the following files in Odin at their respective tabs from extracted VXBMB2 firmware folder :
    • Click the ‘PDA’ Button, and select the .tar file extracted in Step 1.
    • In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
  10. Hit the ‘START’ button to begin the flashing process.
    Once the flashing process is completed, the phone will automatically reboot and you will see a ‘Green’ PASS notification in the top-left-most box. You can unplug the device from the computer now.

If you have followed every point described in the guide, your Galaxy Axiom SCH-R830 should now be runningAndroid 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build R830VXBMB2.

Samsung's Axiom site:

http://www.samsung.c.../SCH-R830ZSAUSC

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

• therealtoddster likes this

(Devices I've owned)

S5 - S4 - S3 - EM - E2 - E1 - Moto X - Nexus 4 - iPhone 5S

The importance of commas:
Let's eat, Grandpa!
vs.
Let's eat Grandpa!

#3 iRub1Out

iRub1Out

Dance Puppets, Dance!

• 13,274 posts
  • Device:S5

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Updated info to add Odin method and downloads

(Devices I've owned)

S5 - S4 - S3 - EM - E2 - E1 - Moto X - Nexus 4 - iPhone 5S

The importance of commas:
Let's eat, Grandpa!
vs.
Let's eat Grandpa!

#4 TechnicalUplink

TechnicalUplink

Hanging Around

• 16 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Updated info to add Odin method and downloads

Thanks a lot! You wouldn't happen to know where I could find a comparison chart of ICS vs Jellybean that lists exactly what is different between the two, would you?

#5 outcasted2003

outcasted2003

Kewler Than Kewl

• 298 posts
  • Device:Samsung Galaxy SIV

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Google ICS compared to JB

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

• BoгИX likes this

#6 TechnicalUplink

TechnicalUplink

Hanging Around

• 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

On your phone got to:

Settings
About device
Software Update

It's the very top option. The phone will do the rest. You need wifi to download it.

Odin method:

1. Download and Extract R830VXBMB2_R830USCBMB2_USC.zip to get a file with .tar extension in the unzipped folder.
  2. (Found HERE)
  3. You will then extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
  4. (Found HERE)
  5. Switch your phone off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete the power down cycle.
  6. You will then put your phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes the Samsung Logo. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter download mode.
  7. Run Odin3 v3.07.exe with Administrator rights.
  8. Plug your phone into the computer. You will then see a notification appear in Odin in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If for some reason, you do not see the said notification, try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. Once you successfully see the “Added!!” notification in Odin, you are good to go. (Also, check for COM port being depicted by a number in ‘yellow’ to make sure that you have successfully added your device.)
  9. Select the following files in Odin at their respective tabs from extracted VXBMB2 firmware folder :
    • Click the ‘PDA’ Button, and select the .tar file extracted in Step 1.
    • In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
  10. Hit the ‘START’ button to begin the flashing process.
    Once the flashing process is completed, the phone will automatically reboot and you will see a ‘Green’ PASS notification in the top-left-most box. You can unplug the device from the computer now.

If you have followed every point described in the guide, your Galaxy Axiom SCH-R830 should now be runningAndroid 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build R830VXBMB2.

Samsung's Axiom site:

http://www.samsung.c.../SCH-R830ZSAUSC

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

I would have to do the ODIN method because I am rooted and it won't allow me to do the software update option.

Where could I get the Android Jellybean version 4.2 or even 4.2.2 insted of the 4.2.1 for use in ODIN?

#7 outcasted2003

outcasted2003

Kewler Than Kewl

• 298 posts
  • Device:Samsung Galaxy SIV

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

It's not available for the Axiom. Only the GS4 is running that version of android.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by outcasted2003, 14 May 2013 - 09:05 AM.

#8 TechnicalUplink

TechnicalUplink

Hanging Around

• 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Any way to get the features of 4.2.2 on the 4.1.2 build? Manual installation or something?

#9 BoгИX

BoгИX

Amazing... Enough Said

• 2,657 posts
  • Device:SGS3

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Any way to get the features of 4.2.2 on the 4.1.2 build? Manual installation or something?

Nope. Not unless you want to develop it yourself.

In the Android Apps section of this forum I posted an app that does basically the same thing as the Quick Settings menu from 4.2 on any Android version. It's pretty neat. If you do some digging around you may find other workarounds like this one to get jb 4.2 features from 3rd party sources.

Sent from my SCH-R530U

#10 sasikanth8

sasikanth8

Hanging Around

• 48 posts
  • Phone #:8939430448
  • Device:samsung galaxy axiom

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

Try this https://play.google....nNldHRpbmdzIl0.

#11 TechnicalUplink

TechnicalUplink

Hanging Around

• 16 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

All set now, running Jellybean and loving it!

#12 harishmenace

harishmenace

New Here

• 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

Any mirrors for the update zip, hotfile is very slow.

#13 kinlfolk

kinlfolk

Kewl

• 143 posts
  • Device:Samsung Note 3

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

I need a mirror to for the update Im stuck with a axiom for a few days and need to root it 

1 2