Sign in to follow this  
tDog

Stuck trying to get to disk space fix

I'm def a novice here, but I've successfully got my phone rooted and S-Off and CM7.2 flashed and running.  I'm still trying to conquer the main reason I have started down the custom rom road in the first place: running out of disk space.  I'm currently trying to flash CronMod 2.1 from this post, and it does indeed freeze after choosing YES for INT2EXT, but after pulling the battery and attempting to boot it just goes back to recovery.  Anyone have suggestions to get this working, or another ROM you would suggest?  All suggestions/tips/hints would be greatly appreciated!!!

Additional info: Using 4EXT recovery and believe I have it up to date (v1.0.0.5 RC8)

BRAVOC DVT2

HBOOT-6.06.1002

Just got a new 8GB sd card as I read somewhere about cards possibly being bad.  Didn't seem like the case but they're cheap enough.

Really seems as if I have something setup wrong as very few roms have worked for me, basically just CM7.1 and 7.2

Edited by tDog

Ok, in case this helps someone else, believe I accomplished a relatively easy fix using this guide

As I said, I already had my phone flashed with CM7.  This guide basically walks you through using a file manager to copy a downloaded script file to a system folder, as well as copying a .apk file to the sd drive.  After reboot to recovery, fix permissions and another reboot I have a TON of space, which I will dutifully load up with apps!

Awesome! I was actually reading about it because it had been so long since I've done anything with this phone. I'm still reading more but glad you got it running

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

There's actually a ton of really cool mods you can do to the Desire to create internal space. PM me if you run into any issues or need a hand.

There's a way to accomplish what this App does without an App.

Play Store Link

Edited by RON427

Thanks Ron.  Gonna check out your link since I have a ton of space now but my new issue is lag.  Nearly unusable when the force close/wait option pops up frequently while configuring or using apps!